• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Still exploring the wonderful roads in the Bay Area, here is one I took a few months ago.

https://imgur.com/a/heQ8IfE

heQ8IfE

:ride

China Grade from Boulder Creek side, just past Memory Ln.

FukwE9T.jpg

China Grade from the opposite end, heading downhill.

DUthcFq.jpg

25JRRQk.jpg

kiVRkZQ.jpg

5L8iAAI.jpg

Last edited:
Early '80's, My best friend Jim and Me outside the Branding Iron, Mines Rd.
Jim's '72 Super Glide, bought at Chaney's Walnut Creek HD. As soon as he got it he repainted it. Me and my '80 Sturgis.
Miss you Brother :rose

Attachments

• Jim and Me Branding Iron Mines Rd.jpg
    Jim and Me Branding Iron Mines Rd.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
^^^^^^
This is really an awesome shot. :thumbup

Them's some sweet Africa Twins!
I managed to get a decent NYE ride on Sat during a brief break in freezing temps and snowstorms.
I need better gloves :party

Put on a layer of vinyl gloves underneath the heated gloves once they start retaining moisture.

Last edited:
Jim's '72 Super Glide, bought at Chaney's Walnut Creek HD. As soon as he got it he repainted it. Me and my '80 Sturgis.

Good photo. How were the road conditions back then? Were you riding 50% or 100% as hard as with modern bikes?

Bo-Fax. Marin road quality has degraded like it's Porto, Portugal. Except the lightweight dual-sports suited for these roads would get run over on the freeway.

Screen-Shot-2023-01-04-at-8-23-12-AM.png

attachment.php

^^^^^^
This is really an awesome shot. :thumbup

+1, wonderful pic … still have my ‘85 Evo Superglide I got brand new for my 25th birthday. :facepalm:laughing

Last edited:
Whenever I read a road is washed out my first reaction is, "let's go check it out." Either it'll be fun to ride across it or cool to get some pictures, but 2 recent encounters reminded me to be extra careful. First, I rode into 8-10" of mud in a mud slide area cause I didn't slow down to look first, then a few days later I almost ran into a pile of mud slide on a rainy night. Not much reaction time when visibility is poor.

Twegn6N.jpg

This static picture looks pretty clear, but I barely saw the traffic cone in the headlight thru rain drops on my visor and stopped well past the cone.

Ekt2esd.jpg

Last edited:
Yeesh, that mud in the first pic, I'm pretty sure I'd have ended up dropping the bike.

Yeesh, that mud in the first pic, I'm pretty sure I'd have ended up dropping the bike.
I have dropped my bike in mud like that earlier this year. When the front tire is pointed one direction and the front end goes the other, it's kind of hard to stay upright. :laughing

Yep! I recall pulling onto the shoulder somewhere along redwood road on a winter ride once and only realizing then that the shoulder was all mud. I got lucky and was able to use my momentum to roll through it with boots down to catch some wobbles. The tires were launching chunks of mud for a few hundred feet as we took off.

:laughing

The helmets were cool too.

Nice memory FLHO!

Had that "aviator's cap", and saddle bags made by a lady I met at the then big Cow Palace swap meet held in January each year. Leather with deep wool lining, super warm. Told her I wanted the bags to be able to fit a "12 pack" in each side.
Priorities !!! :x :rofl

I had ridden Mines a lot way back when and up to Lick a bunch, but never down the "back side" to San Jose. First time to ride "up an over" was about '73 - '74ish. There were about 8 of us, we went out of Livermore via Vineyard then over to Calaveras Rd, back roads around Fremont to Felter / Sierra and up Mt Hamilton Rd. Super fun times and the obligatory butt breaks :laughing a long the way. And of course the stops at the Junction and the Branding Iron. The Mocho was closed by then.

Just past the Junction and the up hill section, heading towards Mines, the road curves to the right and to the left is a big pond. Well being how it was pretty hot for an early summer day we stopped, hopped the fence and went skinny dipping to cool off. :rofl Was fine and well until this 'ol rancher stops his truck and yells at us: What da fuck you boys doing? Ya better not be here when I come back"! He drove off shaking his head! Back then everybody had a rifle or shotgun in the window rack of their trucks. :laughing

Will have to dig through that proverbial box of stuff in garage to see if I can find some pics of the ride. My buddy Jim was on that ride too, we were a "tag team". Crazy ass good times. :laughing

Out @ the Rock, weekend of 10/11 Ca. Mens Colony had a sewage release during the flooding along Chorro Creek. This runs into the back bay of Morro Bay/state parks, and out the breakwater.

Sewage release @ Chorro Creek! Now that's funny! Name checks out. :thumbdown

Going to Sturgis in '84. The plan: week to get there, have a beer and shot of tequila and then turn around and take a week to get back, all on back roads, no freeways.

Somewhere in the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho met two guys making a big loop around the west from Texas. Bike not in pic was an early '60's Panhead and the other a '69 or '70's FL Shovelhead.

Got a good laugh when I told them you can't have empty beer cans stuffed up by the windscreens and handle bars, you'll get "popped" for open containers".
They both looked at me and said: What???!!! You can't have beer when yer riding??? Damn, this sure ain't Texas! :wow :rofl

Sorry for pic, it's was re-taken from slide showing on screen with my phone.
Projector went "poof" a few slides later. Guess I need to get a 35mm slide to digital converter. Suggestions on what to get? I've got boxes and boxes of slides.

Attachments

• FXB Sturgis '84.jpg
    FXB Sturgis '84.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back