• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Metcalf Rd

1iJHb5S.jpg

QEf0ajz.jpg

di5JTMm.jpg

jjo1ub9.jpg

KSPRaVV.jpg

15 more miles of this to get tacos in San Juanico …

+1 ... :angel

hey, Mr Cabrito, it looks like the Honda figured out it's kickstand for this pic?
don't see the behind-the-scenes lost-road helper in the Scorpion Bay fish-taco pic?

:dunno

:laughing this didn't even occur to me when looking at that other pic until reading this post!

It felt like a warm spring day; 73 degrees when I left the house.

There were 2 sets of "road closed" signs on Sierra Rd. When I got to the top (Sierra Vista parking lot) a San Jose City clean up crew was just finishing up. They let me thru after about 10 minutes.

A5NQKe8.jpg

pJFZxma.jpg

yT7UzOB.jpg

XGLeGdA.jpg

Vallecitos Rd

zHw62fh.jpg

Mines. Relative dirty and sandy, as expected.

YbakeKG.jpg

DzrG16K.jpg

At the county line, mile marker 20

3M9hESh.jpg

71S9oVU.jpg

Just past mile marker 21

3f0KHUq.jpg

W4MBKSX.jpg

jXUYD0O.jpg

What I came for - about 1/4 mile after mile marker 21, 6 miles from The Junction.

cjsIizr.jpg

2EmeSsp.jpg

I talked to this phone/internet cable guy, asked him about the repair plan and schedule. He said his work order says, "immediate", but since more storms are coming, he guessed it might be February before the road could be repaired.

04P9YSq.jpg

EMSoUJM.jpg

Heading back toward Livermore

aswANHn.jpg

hEZZbHb.jpg

So I wonder how that works. Does the appropriate DoT suddenly write up a boatload of contracts to independents to rush out and fix the roads, or do they just triage and schedule the work as best they can with their existing resources?

I wonder if that rusted out culvert was part of the problem, letting water out to wash away dirt around it instead of funneling water through. Guess it'll be nice and new for the next storm.

Coyote Creek near Hellyer Park

tsHHqU1.jpg

ZQBYtq9.jpg

I didn't even think about riding across this, but now I'm wondering how deep it was...

JNjojb4.jpg

Last edited:
Back