• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

East San Jose. Two bike cops rolled up and checked me out. They were pretty friendly, let me off with a warning - no motor vehicle allowed.

9eD2glk.jpg

UcY45A3.jpg

NVALBkM.jpg

Mt Hamilton

XWPrhvx.jpg

The fallen ice crystals at the base of the tree trunk looked like broken glass

sTR9Web.jpg

SHoTlsb.jpg

Shortly after Quimby, toward Alum Rock. She said the road repair work is under bidding process.

x3Nxs3j.jpg

East San Jose. Two bike cops rolled up and checked me out. They were pretty friendly, let me off with a warning - no motor vehicle allowed.

Looking at the photos, I say you got lucky they didn't burn your moto down!

// that's a joke

Last edited:
Love the snow shot with the observatory in the sunshine behind.

and yes... chilly just looking at those!!

Glenwood Dr

J0Xd7s5.jpg

A2l2HCW.jpg

Jx31be8.jpg

Further down Glenwood Dr, at Glenwood Cutoff

Dq39BJT.jpg

HR9yRg5.jpg

0lE4Krm.jpg

j7xF8uD.jpg

Ya know I had a dream last night I was out on my DRZ and all the roads were just dirty and dual-sport-tastic. Looks like that may not be far from the truth down south. Maybe I should get out for a ride tomorrow...

Yeah... Gary is not finding to much prime asphalt. :laughing

My first cup of coffee in a month and a half...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0375623E-039B-41BB-86EE-323C51ADE924.jpg
    0375623E-039B-41BB-86EE-323C51ADE924.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 93
Pavement looks all cracked up bro. :laughing

Yeah... Gary is not finding to much prime asphalt. :laughing

We don't have many dirt roads (and where there are we're not supposed to ride on :() so have to settle for dirty, broken pavement for fun.

Vargas Rd

BAP4rjD.jpg

4Gtuht8.jpg

EUe0Ler.jpg

Sheridan Rd

cj5Jp4A.jpg

Calaveras Rd

mmrgXkT.jpg

fWAHrTd.jpg

Palomeras Rd. Sort of a "soft closing" situation. There were close to a dozen mud slides where one lane was covered up, but the opposite lane was open to allow one way traffic to go thru.

1/4 mile in from Niles Canyon. About 200 yards of the northbound lane was covered in dirt.

0mE3qbZ.jpg

From the north end, heading back toward Niles Canyon.

uiNZJaV.jpg

This was the worst road damage, the only spot with flagmen at both sides controlling traffic.

YUoYyTN.jpg

BonX5at.jpg

We don't have many dirt roads (and where there are we're not supposed to ride on :() so have to settle for dirty, broken pavement for fun.

And.... Gary rides. :hail

Respect, also, if you ever need a hanger on, lemme know, I have a lot of free time these days.

1/4 mile in from Niles Canyon. About 200 yards of the northbound lane was covered in dirt.

0mE3qbZ.jpg
There has always been a little bit of dirt in that section during the winter, but that is a bit extreme. That section right there was always one of my favorite little pieces of road from the entrance until it finally starts pointing east.

Riding a lot just means having the time; no special talent required. I typically average about 1k mi per month; I'm already at 1.5k mi this year so ahead of the curve. It'll be hard for me to ride with someone else since my rides are spur of the moment and late, with random routes and frequent stops. (Yesterday I stopped about 20 times during the 4 hr ride.)

An opening in the fence is always a temptation.

fBmgYyq.jpg

Bailey Rd. These look like skeleton Recognizers.

VlmdHWx.jpg

In case you didn't know what a Recognizer is:

d3B6Ovg.jpg

Country View Dr

7XWo8gR.jpg

8HmUmGZ.jpg

Last edited:
That last shot is pretty spectacular. Best not to wander too far from your bike around those parts it seems...

Back