• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

That said, riding a motorcycle on pedestrian/bicycle trail is not cool.

I don't question Garys trespasses. I accept them as a part of who he is, and enjoy the photos he risks his freedom for to take for us.

Man, roads definitely took a beating, I'm starting to think I should go hire onto a road crew, probably lots of overtime for the next year or so.

I believe the term is Photographers License, that extra permission that snappers justify a small infraction, to get THAT pix.

It was taught in my high school photog class, with a wink and nudge.
It is easier to apologize than seek permission.

No talent applied here though.
https://calcoastnews.com/2023/01/dr...around-barricade-in-arroyo-grande-gets-stuck/

Drying out my bike, and showing off my new fork gaiters,
I piled a bunch of stuff on my bike to make rain run off the cover, no puddle.

My bike like this, awaiting parts, a target for rivers of rain, , ,
After a summer touring Nor-Cals dry lakes, they be filling now.

Attachments

• IMG_4629.jpg
    IMG_4629.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4631.jpg
    IMG_4631.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 326063912_486330893684383_4765908004883942080_n-e1674068926517.jpg
    326063912_486330893684383_4765908004883942080_n-e1674068926517.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I believe the term is Photographers License, that extra permission that snappers justify a small infraction, to get THAT pix.

It was taught in my high school photog class, with a wink and nudge.
It is easier to apologize than seek permission.

No talent applied here though.
https://calcoastnews.com/2023/01/dr...around-barricade-in-arroyo-grande-gets-stuck/

Photographer's License - I like that. That's pretty much my thought process when I'm out on a bike looking for photo opportunities. I totally empathize with that stupid SUV driver who got stuck because often my decision making isn't much better. :laughing

Last edited:
Old Santa Cruz Hwy heading toward Summit Rd, right before Idylwild Rd. Although taken from different roads, these road damage pictures are beginning to look alike.

j55V7B7.jpg

Eureka Canyon Rd. It's got minor slides here and there, gravel and muddy sections, but not bad compared

to Highland Way.

4YzVBU6.jpg

Highland Way, heading back toward San Jose. The new iPhone really brightens up night shots; no way it was so bright.

LGO1LQM.jpg

Bottom of Bear Creek Rd. I rode up 2 miles to road barriers that blocked the entire road. It was too dark to see anything so I didn't ride past the barrier.

oHp5fxu.jpg

When roads are blocked off and deserted like this the whole place feels like a giant moto playground.

P200Qcr.jpg

I dunno that I would have had the nerve to ride through those mud puddles on street tires, ballsy, same for doing all that in reverse in the dark.

^ Hate to burst my own bubble, but I'm fairly cautious so ballsy isn't it. :laughing On Highland Way yesterday I was a bit stressed crossing a flooded section not knowing if there would be a giant sink hole under the muddy water. Over mud I kept the bike fully upright, rode slowly in the tire track, and was surprised and relieved that it felt less slippery than I thought it would be. When I reversed course after dark, it helped that I came that way so I knew what to expect.

Alpine Rd, maybe 1 mile from Skyline. There is a smaller washed-out section farther down, but otherwise Alpine and Pescadero Creek Rd are surprisingly clear and free from serious damages.

uMhaAIS.jpg

Stage Rd, 3.5 miles from Pescadero

860ddUk.jpg

6RrPGOR.jpg

bOAqKZJ.jpg

N0Z70rr.jpg

Hwy 1 heading north, right before Pescadero Creek Rd

AraaTHb.jpg

Tunitas Creek Rd. This looked like a farmstand - the chalk writing on the beam says "pumpkins" something, but the supplies displayed were not typical of farmstands. Almost looked like surplus stuff that people wanted to give away. Not sure what the deal was.

bgY0qTW.jpg

Last edited:
Postcard from Sunny Morro Bay

Applied location to return to 1950's solo stack.

Maritime welcome home, lookin' beat up.

Mini library, small books?

While I was out snappin' , sirens are sounding for a while. I took another lap down the waterfront, big doins @ the Rock.

Somebody got stuck trying to climb the Rock and got trapped, rescued, and arrested.

Attachments

• IMG_4638.jpg
    IMG_4638.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4649.jpg
    IMG_4649.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4659.jpg
    IMG_4659.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 3
Holy smokes, there's not much there of Stage Road at that spot!

Wait til you see today's shots.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed Gary didn't eek thru that gap. :laughing

Or did he?

Nah, it was dry and clean, didn't look that interesting beyond that point, so I didn't feel the urge. Judging from the tire tracks in the dirt next to barriers, someone else on a bike did.

that’s a cool pic … :thumbup

I was happy that, with some pavement out of the way, I could get the road down below into the shot.

Bear Creek Rd

YbsTg3z.jpg

gFRONIi.jpg

n7N0jJK.jpg

tvb1r0i.jpg

gEUEayi.jpg

5EZrOrJ.jpg

GtFxQ4V.jpg

Last edited:
Zayante Rd

HmMqU3o.jpg

JzDHCHI.jpg

9252F6x.jpg

Hutchings Rd

gQTC7tS.jpg

Glenwood Rd

COm8PwP.jpg

ApbVeZQ.jpg

F6bP1OU.jpg

Last edited:
Schulties Rd, from Laurel Rd side

is0UXXi.jpg

YtaDK9B.jpg

j0WZCT4.jpg

Redwood Lodge Rd. When they built this bridge I thought they finally fixed the road problem once and for all. When I saw this I went, "oh my god," in my head.

KPxDblI.jpg

eZgW4KQ.jpg

aYJC4LI.jpg

llDshan.jpg

Back