• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Eureka Canyon Rd, near Ormsby Cutoff / Buzzard Lagoon intersection. It was getting a little slushy. No idea what the condition was up ahead so I decided to turn around here.

BMWfP8v.jpg

hE2RmAS.jpg

Soquel San Jose Rd, raining hard and getting dark. There were signs near Soquel indicating the road was closed up ahead, but dozens of cars, including myself, headed uphill anyway. Other people were driving up so the road must be open, right? Blind leading the blind.

gMfATml.jpg

6pm, about 2 miles before Summit Rd, when we saw this and finally believed that the road was closed for real, so everyone turned around and headed back downhill. They were working on downed power lines and it would take hours to fix.

EMyC8PI.jpg

17 was open but only one lane was open around Glenwood Drive for a couple of miles, so uphill traffic in both directions were at a near standstill. It would've taken forever to get thru in a cage.

Your snow slushy ride photos are epic. Gary Jayne's 'true grit' rides couldn't match your winter riding conditions, at least not the ones in which I participated. That said, I kinda wonder about the idea of riding alone and riding on those tires of yours in those conditions. More power to you.

Last edited:
When you said 'Boy Kitty', I thought you were talking about someone else....:laughing

Lonster, you filthy animal :laughing
iPhone auto corrects to “Lobster”.

Are you thinking like Lady boi kitty?

That's a lot of snow in the SC mountains, wow.

Since Tam was more or less closed I skipped the ride and just gave the bike a wash and polish...

AMWts8CopcAQkACiktIYZlf3BfOsnWTwg6gtFL6ZpXFfkDD0zNVhI2o4MO6qkq9TNTHn5MWrnslaMSIHonI_f8R0_GLk9R6kLD1pKUbLEyJjYIo70wvgefECEWvBoXuktB7dSMHkzE-F5nbn_oN0RydvvcpuIg=w1099-no

Your snow slushy ride photos are epic. Gary Jayne's 'true grit' rides couldn't match your winter riding conditions, at least not the ones in which I participated. That said, I kinda wonder about the idea of riding alone and riding on those tires of yours in those conditions. More power to you.

Truth. Gary goes all in. :ride

@ Lobster :rofl

I was a little nervous heading uphill into the snow zone but the desire to check it out was stronger. Riding mostly on wet pavement and tire tracks, traction wasn't bad, and I didn't slip and slide much from riding gently. Like I said I avoided unplowed roads. I figured it had not been cold enough long enough for the pavement to be icy around Summit Rd, especially when it was raining. I wouldn't want to ride up Mt Hamilton where it's likely to be below freezing overnight up there.

A few more from last Friday and Saturday.

Hwy 17 at Summit exit

Xe6YNmB.jpg

Summit Rd

j8eu7oy.jpg

Old Santa Cruz Hwy

IRfZE2J.jpg

Eureka Canyon

fMMC9Vw.jpg

Great pics Gary, almost makes me wanna ride the DRZ down south to play in the snow. Almost...

Cleans up nice. Haven’t ridden mine since September or October

Just don't look too close, 36,000 miles has left a few wrinkles, but I love it. I need to find a better solution for the lost heat shield though, I wasn't really willing to pay $400 for a new part from Termi and they don't have any stock now.

Last edited:
Looks like it's not a good time to ride up Mt Hamilton yet. Maybe try going up from the backside (Livermore) in a week...

RnWMvFG.png

HamCam images from Lick Observatory

g9WaVr7.png

k2xNo4n.jpg

Last edited:
Cool pics of a white Hammie.

Agree with your assessment on riding up there :laughing

Looks like it's not a good time to ride up Mt Hamilton yet. Maybe try going up from the backside (Livermore) in a week...

HamCam images from Lick Observatory

Wow! Beautiful! I grew up there and never missed an opportunity to play in the snow. This makes me homesick!

SnowChick

Mt Umunhum. The gate halfway up was closed so couldn't ride to the top.

qfI2PUq.jpg

Around Hicks Rd

DX3WAvG.jpg

ZDoIc6y.jpg

La Foret in New Almaden

TyMlQXA.jpg

La Foret shares some nice urban vibe. :cool

Funny I used to go to a church camp (not the conversion / brainwashing kind) Called La Foret, back when I was a kid in Colorado. Might have to try that place due to that.

Finally got to scratch that itch yesterday after more than a month. Mighta had a few pucker moments due to the exitement, but light traffic and mostly clean and dry roads sure made for a great ride!

1 just south of Stinson Beach

AMWts8BjUNLqRqWvJlvDYRHDMQthZ-USVgrMOo-qL7U_xnRsg3wrfK1Q__Qiu6g705LcmG7WBiMCcJ25dYkBcgjfHjvA0qed6fw20GmI4UCMqEe09RidO9LSTjdhhr740BKl3jGG_aiKZTqXOlcV1ogD6dZTBg=w1099-no

Medical problem has me off the bike for a while. Been cleaning up files on my Mac and ran across an old photo of my 2012 K1600 on Tioga Pass. I still like the photo and reminds me summer rides are not that far away.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bmw tioga.jpg
    bmw tioga.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 179
Back