• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Went looking for passage over the back way to Cambria, Old Creek/Santa Rosa yesterday.
North wind blowing a good steady 20, cutting thru my clothing, its good to start up Cold Creek rd, get away from the ocean, warmer.
Whale Rock full now, hills green, rolling past small "road closed" signs, NOT blocking the road.
Past the lake and starting uphill, showing signs of washout, mud flows over the road and scraped off, trees down, and cleared, road narrowed.
This goes on until road grade heads up, tight switchback, steep slope, crews running tractors, excavators, about half way thru to 46.
Didn't get to the other side of 46, didn't want to freeze up Hwy 1 to Cambria to back track on Santa Rosa, or do 46 to this intersection, for middle in recon. both ways.
I turned back here, went into Cayucos, for a bit, wind still chillin' me, stopped for some kite board action on the 'Strand

Attachments

• IMG_4794.jpg
    IMG_4794.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4798.jpg
    IMG_4798.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4799.jpg
    IMG_4799.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 3
Very cool, how long does it take to charge?

Very cool, how long does it take to charge?
My typical wait for a charge at a DC fast charger is around 20 minutes or so. But from totally discharged to totally full will be quite a bit longer. A home charge even longer.

You can use simple math to figure out the charging times except near the last 15% or so that will take longer as then the charge rate decreases.

The Experia has a 20KWH battery. So at a 1 KW rate it will take 20 hours to fully charge. At 20 KW, one hour. But the charge rate for this bike at a CCS fast charger is 25 KW. So that is 25 times faster than 1 KW. So that would be 0.8 hr if fully discharged to near full. Best to stay within 20% to 80 % SOC and only charge to full when needed to make it between charge stations.

A home charge on 240 VAC will be 3KW. So 20 KWH divided by 3 KW is 6.66 hours to get a full charge.

Not 100% accurate for several reasons (heat loss, charge rate varies at different SOCs and temperatures) but that is accurate enough to be within reason.

You can figure out average range the same way. I use 7 miles per KWH. So a fully charged 20KWH battery will give the average range of 140 miles. More range when going slower, less range when going faster. But that 140 miles will be a good average to expect. Adjust other things for more or less range such as the bike's total weight, outside temp, hills, wind direction, etc. Again, seven miles per KWH is a good average for the average electric motorcycle. Less range when cold, more range when warm. The lith batteries like the same temps we do, or perhaps just a little warmer for best range. A little less (but not much less) for best charge speed.

EV batteries can have a max spec and a nominal useable spec. Always use the lower for charge times or range.

-Don- Auburn, CA

It’s getting colorful in the hills!
Cienega road.
Second pic on 25.

Attachments

• 61168E94-0313-44E4-9A25-6317A76B5C17.jpg
    61168E94-0313-44E4-9A25-6317A76B5C17.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 188
  • C67B0623-EF7E-4D3D-A589-E1DBE0CBF3C6.jpg
    C67B0623-EF7E-4D3D-A589-E1DBE0CBF3C6.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 5
Purty flowers.

Congrats on the Experia. :Port

Was that some kind of orchard that was knocked over?

:thumbup

almond orchard, used to be, I think.
saw a lot of orchards on my trip this week, being knocked down. had been riding past this particular one for twenty five years. guess that’s about how long an almond orchard is productive? idk.

I had the privilege of exploring Death Valley and surrounding area with Bananachunks this weekend at the nOObs Rally.

Wildrose Canyon
LS1Es7q.jpeg

Here's your sign
GpKHx6R.jpeg

Alabama Hills
151CgJM.jpeg

Manzanar
D7CfvZS.jpg

Reward Mine
FXCX9uk.jpeg

Spectacular colors. Must have been a great ride.

It was, just chilly!
47-50 degrees most of the way until I hit Carmel Valley rd, then about 55.
Good ride to scrub in a new back tire.

Stopped to drop off my taxes, lot full, tire will be flat inside of a mile.
I wandered down to the boat launch, and I suspect picked up the pop rivet?
Rode it home, tried a air pump @ fuel station, broken.

So, new tire punctured with maybe 100 miles on it.
Taxes sent out to be done.
Bike jacked up, wheel out, & covered for another sky river.
Posted pix, and now I'm done.

Mondays :x

Attachments

• IMG_4806.jpg
    IMG_4806.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Damn, I need to do my taxes, tomorrow, maybe. As for that tire, plug it and run it, that sucks.

My Monday was great, light to no traffic for an afternoon rip around Mt Tam. Roads were relatively clean, things were green with wildflowers blooming and the sky was crystal clear.

Bofax has some new water falls

AMWts8CtfXLE5nS_3c2r4K1oWrSyD0bdoZgFOp64gFzPqGSy2oYHC5dYIcF3Vlnucwxum1pmRydEv4A2dPYp0gNGJCrNdOMQ_qL3SV4iQ_LJFrnU1KxDoKpS96iRRlLUi40B_Td2DmH_PHIwzwZX7lrrT_Zs8w=w803-no

So clear you could easily see the Farallons from Ridgecrest

AMWts8DQ2yi643L8t2wVmF0-OMBYDaWFehnTxVfjLmeci3y7LU5gpkEtWSN8dRNL5pXtzVSLkf51ev5EUO9l5S7SHHF8U8mZRDDIGveS1jO5FHn6SpwIPYoYlUGNoSqNV1J9csRoZ409puS6Hm3pp4qmKTzTFg=w1099-no

Bear Creek Rd. Road closed not far above this spot.

zFzXqzp.jpg

China Grade. Looks like good progress. No completion date yet - it depends on the weather.

gnoY1zF.jpg

h8Mkw0J.jpg

NZ2GRZ9.jpg

Grant Ranch Mt Ham

Today

Attachments

• 7D2F4685-AAB8-4D46-BAFE-998E4B59FCFE.jpg
    7D2F4685-AAB8-4D46-BAFE-998E4B59FCFE.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 3
Back