Photos of your bike on location

^^:thumbup

one for Mr bananachunks:

picture.php

sunrise, M5, above Fouts Springs, Colusa County, California, 05/19/23.

Last edited:
Working too much.. Hardly any time for riding. Quick run out Bolinas Fairfax road..

Last edited:
Hey folks, put locations too, photos alone don't cut. I totally enjoy searching up all the cool spots and adding some of them to "to ride" list :)

California isn't the only place with closed roads

You guys aren't the only ones with closed roads. It's just that the ones around here aren't closed due to the weather - it's the Ada County Highway District that closes them. This is four diffent views headed toward the intersection near me that they've closed while they put in a new roundabout and make some parts a bit wider. It will be more than a full year from the start of this before it's open. And half the time when I want to go somewhere, this is the intersection I want to go through. And, of course, other than to the west of the intersection you have to go a full mile to the next major road that goes through, with no shortcuts in the area. :mad

On the plus side, this is the first time in over two months that I've been on a motorcycle due to a slow recovery from some medical issues. If I don't detect any issues in the next 24 hours I'll start doing short easy rides for a while. :cool

pOG0tM3.jpg

wQkNEbU.jpg

TejpzS6.jpg

xjkxnMR.jpg

Glenwood Dr

qr6BxhV.jpg

2Jv4mAl.jpg

gW4FTLj.jpg

Like I mentioned before the iPhone night shots are really bright. It looked fairly bright in the following pics, but in reality I couldn't see the road without the headlight.

Skyline (between Bear Creek and Black)

lgqVP7A.jpg

rnA2pDH.jpg

bQdlrf5.jpg

Like I mentioned before the iPhone night shots are really bright. It looked fairly bright in the following pics, but in reality I couldn't see the road without the headlight.

Hi Gary, in case you're not aware you can adjust exposure on the iPhone if you want to make it lighter/darker than what the phone chooses. Just tap on the screen where you want the phone to focus, the yellow square appears and on the right side there will be a vertical line and a sun icon. Slide your finger up or down to adjust exposure.

-Bill

Hi Gary, in case you're not aware you can adjust exposure on the iPhone if you want to make it lighter/darker than what the phone chooses. Just tap on the screen where you want the phone to focus, the yellow square appears and on the right side there will be a vertical line and a sun icon. Slide your finger up or down to adjust exposure.

As much as I love having a nice camera in my pocket, the controls of these things leave much to be desired. So fiddly, with little feedback, using fat fingers on small screens.

Almost better to just use them for raw capture, and do everything else back home in post processing.

Let's go check out the spring runoff...

First ride on the KTM in over two months. I decided to go do some easy pavement riding and check out the runoff on the Payette River up near Banks, ID.

Class 5 rapids upstream from Banks - experts only.
vQXlgW7.jpg

I stopped to talk to this group on the road over to Lowman. They were going to run a couple of class 4 sections on the South Fork of the Payette River.
A5Vbt2y.jpg

The second section of class 4 rapids start just past where they had parked. They walked down a ways to check it out and try to memorize what they would have to do to get through them safely.
b2Z0Bi1.jpg

There are railroad tracks up this canyon, but no trains run on it currently.
OrrBv1L.jpg

Took a "short cut" through Gardena on Brownlee Rd for a little bit of easy dirt. Wanted to see if I'm up for it yet. Not really - I need to wait a few more weeks.
qB4luNl.jpg

Back