• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

I WANT,

New to me, Red Rock Loop,
Looks like there is a cable car from the silver circle, down to a garage at the base of cliff. for access.
The view from up there is of the next pix

Looks like The Court House is smoking, same fire.
and, , ,
15 years later, a new pix of my old avatar

Attachments

• IMG_5148.jpg
    IMG_5148.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5155.jpg
    IMG_5155.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5157.jpg
    IMG_5157.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Wow! That's a nice house and an abomination at the same time.

I like the idea of the Red Rocks of Sedona being left as pristine as possible.

But it is pretty.

Skylawn cemetery

wbykW8D.jpg

Devil's Slide tunnel. (It's actually called Tom Lantos Tunnels but who's heard of that?)

2AC4ejt.jpg

Nicasio, St Mary Church

tSCBowx.jpg

Marshal Petaluma Rd

V9rf8dv.jpg

yHe6SRk.jpg

Hwy 1, Marshal

yrIezOu.jpg

CDONA...pretty stuff man. :thumbup

Gary on the Katana! Sweet complilation 856. :thumbup

How did you like the bike?

Gary on the Katana! Sweet complilation 856. :thumbup

How did you like the bike?

The Katana felt cramped and uncomfortable at first, and I thought I’d ride it for an hour or so and call it good. Ended up riding about 8 hours, 270 miles, got really hooked on its power, and wished I could ride it more when I returned it. (This is why a 30 minute test ride around town is USELESS - not enough time to get used to a new bike and put it thru its paces.) When I got back on my 950SM afterward the front end felt unnaturally tall, and the engine felt lazy.

- Killer engine, zero lag throttle response, sweet exhaust note. I've grown to love the kick-ass power of liter-size inline-4s in a fairly comfortable package.

- Skittish when braking hard into downhill turns.

- Stiff suspension, especially the rear. It’s a nut crusher when hitting bumps if you don’t get off the seat. Handles pretty good on smooth roads like Hwy 1.

- The 3.2 gallon tank gave me range anxiety in the north bay. Got about 41 mpg thru out the day; that’s very good considering the power.

uYb6ju8.jpg

Not literally my bike, but it was mine for a 2 week tour in Europe (I own the 1200RS and this was the newer 1250RS so close enough).

STELVIO BABY!!!!

Attachments

• Stelvio.jpg
    Stelvio.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the eval Gary.

Good to hear. The 3.2g tank is a negative for sure.

Stiff rear... maybe good for the boogie. :dunno

Killer Racinfrk. Hope you enjoyed the trip :thumbup

Boise Ridge Road - end to end

The goal of today's ride was to ride Boise Ridge Road south to north for the full length of it. Turned around less than 2/3 of the way when the weather made us not want to be there. :cool

First stop, top of Shaw Mountain Rd where Boise Ridge Rd begins.
A3tWDOP.jpg

Looking at Boise and Treasure Valley down below. Looks like a beautiful day, right?
ljhQt4C.jpg

Two KTM 790 Adventure bikes. We stopped everywhere a road connected from the east or the west. I needed to explain where each one went because the rider with me had never been there before.
svCIgpv.jpg

They straightened out a couple of the rougher sections of the road, leaving Road Closed signs and big dirt piles where the old road is at.
JkoRi7H.jpg

Didn't get a picture of the fog, but the beautiful day turned into very cold fog and ice crystals "raining" on us. We are two days from summer supposedly. :rolleyes We eventually turned around and headed down the paved road from the ski resort to try to find somewhere warmer and dryer. Still a successful ride. I keep claiming that "if you don't get rained on once or twice a year you're not trying hard enough". I'm trying. :laughing
SasiKRN.jpg

Stiff rear... maybe good for the boogie. :dunno

Rental bike so hard to say how the suspension was set up.

Channeling @Gary856 on Summit Rd.

oh no! :laughing

Riding this thick mulch surface felt like being on a pillow top mattress with a thick comforter. I imagine this is how Nyx (our cat) feels when she jumps onto our bed and walks across it.

VifVdYG.jpg

KAZVmDI.jpg

Last edited:
Exploring the Owyhees - Reynolds Creek, Wilson Creek

Those are the mountains in the distance that I'm headed to. Need to head south many miles on straight roads to get across the Snake River and into the Owyhee foothills.
sJyAQeY.jpg

Heading up Whiskey Hill Rd over the mountain. That's Reynolds Creek in the background. You can see the two roads coming into it for the more direct routes. I came in the one on the right.
m8wwb6n.jpg

The first of three gates I had to open, go through, then close. Actually on the third one I decided to turn around. They're not that easy to get closed again.
zTEaqv9.jpg

BV9gwVf.jpg

The lunch stop above Reynolds Creek. I should have stopped the two riders that passed me to see if they knew a way through, because I had to go back the way I came.
VoEZaAX.jpg

Beautiful downtown Reynolds Creek - an old barn that will never be used again.
M9UJuoB.jpg

Took Wilson Creek Rd back out. There are a few interesting rock formations in the area.
qole8cf.jpg

picture.php

Middle Fork Stanislaus River, Tuolumne County, California, up the hill from Dardanelle on Hwy 108. world’s worst fisherman. :laughing:clown

Back