• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Colorado, eastern slopes.

r8dEjc6.jpg

Back in Havasu, I spent the morning rolling around shopping, 44 special, shot shells. Last year, nope, this year success.
It got hot about 1pm, I bailed for AC, then awaiting sundown.

Rolled out in search of dinner, got some Black Bear Breakfast.
Cruised island/town, did find a mob o' minis/scooters going the other way.
Hard to see into headlites, there may have been costumes, a comic con in Phoenix this weekend.
48 total miles thru town Sat.

And this morning, quieter in the channel, early morning car show 7 - 9, just a few planning breakfast.
Hotter today, with pale blue sky, no haze. Flagstaff is nursing a lightening fire as a controlled burn, smoking up the state, again.

Attachments

• IMG_5114.jpg
    IMG_5114.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5117.jpg
    IMG_5117.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5119.jpg
    IMG_5119.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5120.jpg
    IMG_5120.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1
it's really cool to see pics of this thing out in the wild, Ken.
Thanks for brining us along on your project.
Really good stuff! :thumbup

Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated. :thumbup

And to budmans "moostroke" comment :rofl:rofl:rofl

Funny, I looked over at those cows and a couple sure seemed quite interested in what was happening when I pulled over there.

I may as well throw this on here also so people can go to their favorite YT channel and watch really cool videos.

[YOUTUBE]7s_Lof7G6pA[/YOUTUBE]

Wheee

Post broken leg recovery ride at Shasta Dam

Mad

Attachments

• received_576643264591160.jpg
    received_576643264591160.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 2
Sweet to Ola to Smiths Ferry

I'm finally able to start doing some real rides now. Met up with a guy that I haven't ridden with before who also has a KTM 790 Adv. We both enjoyed this ride.

Two KTM 790 Adventure bikes up in the hills. This was the turn-around point because for some reason I didn't see the Dead End sign when we entered this road and my GPS "thought" we could get through. Nope! Private Property, No Trespassing.
VYOCbxM.jpg

That is the town of Ola down in the valley there.
GHG9Mhj.jpg

The summit between Ola and Smiths Ferry. Also the county line for Valley County.
aAfcef7.jpg

I need to come back here about October when these trees will have beautiful yellow autumn leaves.
iON6vRj.jpg

Almost forgot to take any photos today. :laughing We rode over the mountain east of Boise, along the foothills on the other side, then back up over the top. This ride was a bit more technical than the one yesterday with ruts and loose rocks and stuff. Loads of fun.

This is Pine Creek headed back up, when I realized I hadn't taken any photos yet.
ajMFuuG.jpg

Further up the hill with more of a view.
ckgJnD6.jpg

San Jose BMW. It really felt like a candy store - so many beautiful new things! I only got a $10 tire valve stem.

PnrZmOd.jpg

xSLzavZ.jpg

rHt2ryB.jpg

Aavo5xU.jpg

exNQ2bL.jpg

gK4Mb59.jpg

9xxSQe9.jpg

Last edited:
Fancy looking bike shop. Is there a dress code?

:laughing

I wonder if those are Dougmo's CHP leathers and helmet on display??

Eye candy no doubt!!! A buddy just got one of those R/W/B 1000rr's.
Will be on display at the Sweeping Winger Rally.

San Jose BMW. It really felt like a candy store - so many beautiful new things! I only got a $10 tire valve stem.

They have a great store and great inventory. I could hang out there indefinitely.

There’s also a couch and large TV with motorcycle racing.

Sometimes, there’re doughnuts….

Last edited:
Just had the 15k mi service done ($1,250 at Advanced Cycle Services) so rode up Mt Hamilton to see how it felt. It ran very well.

AtPK8M3.jpg

Coming down Mt Hamilton at 9 pm when the front tire smacked into something and bottomed the forks with a metallic sound. When the forks extended on rebound and the front tire touched back down, the handlebars went into a near tank slapper, nearly lock-to-lock-and-back 3 times, I thought I'd lose it but the bike recovered. I circled back to see what I hit, and it must have been this rock which I tossed down the side of the hill. I felt no adrenaline rush, no increase in heart rate or breathing at the time. But thinking back on how bad it might've been, I'm a little shook up by the randomness of this type of risk.

Again, this iPhone night shot is way brighter than it was at 9 pm.

u6IGJLg.jpg

Last edited:
Truly amazing how bright the iPhone can make lowlighting seem! HECK that's a chunky rock; really glad you're okay! And the bike too, it sounds like. That overlook shot is absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:
Hitting rocks is NO fun! Ask me how I know?
Glad you and the bike are OK.
Did you dent the rim? I did.

Hitting rocks is NO fun! Ask me how I know?
Glad you and the bike are OK.
Did you dent the rim? I did.
I hit a rock on my KTM back in 2014 that caused my front tire to go flat just a few hundred feet after I hit it. I was unable to steer and I was on a twisty mountain road a the time. Got stopped all the way on the left edge of the road right before running off. The link in the first sentence goes into great detail along with a big BARF discussion on the subject, including posts from past greats like louemc.

Wait! Did I just post this in the Photos thread? Oops. I'll try to get some more photos tomorrow to make up for this. :cool :laughing :twofinger

Back