• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

picture.php

Sonora Pass, Hwy 108, Mono County, California. some nice citizen offered to take a pic, and then art directed me. “get on the bike and look over your shoulder.” :laughing

Last edited:
:thumbup

I rode a VF1000R over Tioga when the snow was like that, and then it started to snow some more....

Last edited:
Sonora Pass, Hwy 108, Mono County, California. some nice citizen offered to take a pic, and then art directed me. “get on the bike and look over your shoulder.” :laughing

He did an excellent job!

Bailey Rd, Concord

76m5b5o.jpg

Pioneer Tap Room, Suisun Valley Rd

CQAMUDE.jpg

Moscowite Corner, Hwy 128

Nj5VaTK.jpg

Lake Berryessa

PY9Tgsw.jpg

JRzk4G4.jpg

I like the S1000r much more than the Katana. It felt custom molded to my body - on a twisty road it felt like I was wearing it. Awesome power, one finger braking, quick and effortless tip in, sticky Supercorsa tires all made it so fun on a twisty road. Being 50 lbs lighter and more compact, the R is is less comfortable, but more engaging in the turns than the taller S1000XR, and way less vibey at the bars. (I like the XR, but love the R.) My back and hips are sore after 7 hrs, the price to pay for a sporty ride, but still a lot better than full-on sport bikes.

Knoxville Berryessa Rd. Pretty warm there. The pavement's very rough. I had to slow to 25 mph in a few stretches to thread my way around the worst potholes.

1QcMvaZ.jpg

a3MckRd.jpg

nYCdFWU.jpg

This sink hole's 20" wide, 30" long, and over 6 feet deep! Hard to spot at night. It'd be deadly if someone hit it. Someone put a rock in front of it as a visual warning, and I added a broken tree branch to it.

qqREp2Z.jpg

u6PAsYN.jpg

Pope Valley Garage

O9V4qjS.jpg

Last edited:
Last time I rode Knoxville Berryessa road I had to slow down a bit on the Hyper, and yet, I love that road. I would not wanna ride it at night though.

I was really hoping to get up to the Sierra passes while there is still snow, but with my Hyper being held hostage at the dealer it looks like I may not make it so I'll just live vicariously through all the good pictures here.

^^:thumbup

sorry to hear about the Hyper hostage situation … here’s a couple more from Sonora Pass/Hwy 108 this weekend:

picture.php

picture.php

temps were nice a cool, and happy to report that we didn’t get any more snow … :laughing:ride

Took a rip out HWY 36 today.
It was coldish starting in Eureka, so I was glad I decided to wear my heated liner. The marine layer was thick.
By the time I got to Larrabee Valley, the sun was showing and it was 65 degrees, so I turned off the heat.
At the top of south Fork Mountain, it looked, felt and smelled like rain! I stopped long enough to clean my visor, and then turned around and headed back toward home.
These 2 pics show the rain clouds to the east and the sunny sky toward the west.

Attachments

• South Fork 1.jpg
    South Fork 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 4
  • South Fork 2.jpg
    South Fork 2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 3
I remember that Knoxville Berryessa Rd being fun 20 years ago. Last time I rode it, maybe five years ago, it was crap. Sounds like it’s even worse now.

We first "found" Knoxville Rd, back in the late 60's, when BLM opened it, somewhat. Breakfast @ Moskwite corners, was part of the day of dirt riding.

I've got a day in Cottonwood, with a view of Jerome,

New restaurant/hotel complex on a knob with funicular, and a winery that has migrated from Jerome into Cottonwood.
The looks of these projects is simular to that Bond Villian's place in Sedona, a page or two back.

Attachments

• IMG_5172.jpg
    IMG_5172.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5174.jpg
    IMG_5174.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5175.jpg
    IMG_5175.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Mt Umunhum

t7x8837.jpg

ASOGG6q.jpg

The 690 is pretty hard on tires. With only 2.8k miles this Angel ST is already at the wear bars. It could be because it doesn't spend much time cruising on freeways so all the miles are harder miles in the hills.

NZqCJyv.jpg

Good stuff guys! :thumbup

Food truck in Ponderosa, CA.
End of the road for the Great Divide HWY at the moment.

Some life happening if you look close.

Attachments

• C9600BB6-7C9E-4183-A45A-8D8B6987FF57.jpg
    C9600BB6-7C9E-4183-A45A-8D8B6987FF57.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 15
I don't know how long it's been but Bear Creek Rd is open between Hwy 17 and Boulder Creek. Glad to see some road repairs haven been and being done.

Upper Zanyante Rd

qBQ2Psd.jpg

0vN8SU1.jpg

Last edited:
Mendocino Forest for some fresh air and much needed braap

Up and running, went for a very short spin around SF because the rear tire is just moments away from showing cords. This thing is a hoot.

AJFCJaV3xiJ5SwTM6gzoVjIsp9pqBVZEcKL3L-VV1Czt510tRYq3MQYdK4d4j248iTZTdJgBxgTyQyhUIOKQ7YqWqENO1ypBa5Z4ScZaFXmpYA_lzDYyVQ6SDIEMcAC-4V9W3lk_imuyQmkDIR_Obb0hutmD2A=w1070-no

BRAAAAPPP! :thumbup

Glad she is back N4te!

Oh this one is new to me, but someday I'll get the hyper back. This thing is gonna be a nice alternative. I'm slightly afraid of what WOT will feel like once I have tires I can trust and the suspension dialed.

Got my TW running, and headed out.
I found myself with a little bit of extra help with the left handlebar controls, , ,

all tucked in for the ride,

slammed the bars to the stops, and a controlled rappel to dirt,
about 3 1/2"

Attachments

• IMG_5181.jpg
    IMG_5181.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 9
Back