• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

I was amused to see the sideways tack in this thread, but lemme see if I can right that wrong. I try to get in a few dirt naps each BDR. None yesterday though, just plenty of rocks.

Fandango Canyon, Oregon.

AIL4fc-GIAKVCCHOWwug19aJxfTW9il5-P0-Hy1KCCYfeuxeL9lP9cWAu8V8m_DGyC7aL0koJ5i4Gf0r07bRURDwRpC4euLdwEd9ZjJY6YVirk0Sysh-CkpI9-rEmnvy9GvMOqckh3-aub5WcznmwUZIlZakpg=w1082-no

Last edited:
Going down memory lane, this was a tough little bike.
XT225 on Lippencott Pass

8242850375_d97720390b_c.jpg

Who doesn't love a good nap?

Section 5 of the OR BDR just south of Big Lake
rph2mHm.jpeg

Helped two riders get an Africa Twin back on the trail yesterday on one of the last tight two track bits of section 6. Guy had clipped a branch and got set off the rode where he clipped a tree and went down. He had that thousands yard stare when we got there but I think he was just shook up.

Helped two riders get an Africa Twin back on the trail yesterday on one of the last tight two track bits of section 6. Guy had clipped a branch and got set off the rode where he clipped a tree and went down. He had that thousands yard stare when we got there but I think he was just shook up.

Those tight two track bits of section 6 were an absolute blast to ride!

Rabbit Creek, Road to Atlanta, (not) Featherville

A long ride today. We were going to ride from Atlanta to Featherville, but the road is closed due to a rock slide that hasn't been cleaned up yet. The road to Atlanta is famous for how much of it is washboard and we rode it all the 67 miles to highway 21.

We always stop at the Osprey nest when headed toward Idaho City. That's a little one standing on the edge of the nest watching us.
wkG4Fqt.jpg

Topping up the fuel tanks in Idaho City. Always a good idea before heading out into the "wilderness" areas.
VWuxT0N.jpg

Rabbit Creek Road. I don't think the creek nearby is actually called Rabbit Creek.
ymxVBwR.jpg

Todays ride was close to a lot of rivers, since that's the easiest place to put a road.
lyyz4Bw.jpg

Middle Fork of the Boise River.
ENi7HYU.jpg

Last edited:
On a more urban note...

Downtown Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia. On returning from a haircut I find my CB500X being serenaded.

AIL4fc-AXotyEAspyDrFrpjBv_9zneRBa2Fm4_TG0RJMZuAlW8tUQu8N991ZtUFWKYV6X4oM5ltFLZsCpwSKgbZB2axmTW8PQZ5H7z3ccX4ST4MiMTP4Y99XlvYEwCVNXNQQi4mWFpBw1tlMswCVd6aIeXH8YA=w1024

Aptos to Half Moon Bay ride today. My Kawasaki, friend’s BMW.

Attachments

• IMG_7233.jpg
    IMG_7233.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 2
My Duke at the 49er Inn in Weaverville with the Legendary Bobert.
He's looking forward to hosting a bunch of BARF'ers at the annual HoHo Rally in 2 weeks. :thumbup :ride :party

Attachments

• Bobert at the 49er.jpg
    Bobert at the 49er.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 9
Mines Rd

Warm day, mid-90s at almost 8 pm.

umO0zxn.jpg

Chip sealed from the Junction to the county line, with "Loose Gravel" and "Slow" signs all along the way. Seems like it's been swept; the gravel's firmly embedded, not loose.

USSjJWd.jpg

Hg641DM.jpg

fmyYprf.jpg

MotorCafe 9am Campbell

35VqiTI.jpg

Alices

ymW9p7M.jpg

Back to MotorCafe and BARF meet

KQgjSak.jpg

Leaving MotorCafe

ffFnlpz.jpg

Livermore after putting everything away

SvH8Nui.jpg

Beautiful shots Gary :applause

Glad ya made it out yesterday Ken!!.. Always fun to hear and see your bike.

Went for another sundowner, 112* my motivation to wait.

I tried to catch this with the red shading but lost it trying to get the full cloud.
Red sunset, with a bit of verga. It's great to feel the cool as it passes overhead, cloud shading the sun, verga, - gods own swamp cooler.
We are forecast for rain this afternoon

Out along the river by Tuzigoot, full darkness, I rolled up on a family of skunks in the road, no tails were raised in fear.

As conditioned by Warner Bro. I spoke to them in tortured french, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1
Snapped a few pics of my bike in front of derelict cars, figured Gary might appreciate knowing it's a phenomena outside of Cali too.

AIL4fc_oiWUUYTCy-R-xvIwOyIxQ7zqZId-s0si29-tOilK6nvQZtsmCi3Mdr-suSUNK6FKEacb0oUGM5TFRwVvDE7QpQe8Ejm5sqGhi2xAP3b7cfXanxcTrG5Fy8ES_5axVpaNBjeixYZ779xuLCIzb8A5mPA=w1098-no

AIL4fc-3TsVXOpHeynf6jmzYwgJ-9AehG6M5F1za2OXqRjsZL4keupUbo5KDrxBHFGrSvlmGTDPOMOE9fVmW4CV3p35Tp5wZAtWDyZpdidGBbADb7gLpK4STFhqqQZVHS_-xAM7lepchtyLu3no3LBsl0I6Bxg=w1098-no

That is awesome :laughing

Out along the river by Tuzigoot, full darkness, I rolled up on a family of skunks in the road, no tails were raised in fear.

As conditioned by Warner Bro. I spoke to them in tortured french, , ,

Buuuuuut of course!!! :laughing

^^^ It's cool you guys rode by the same spot so far from here.

No abandon cars today (except for an abandoned truck bed) so I went with my second option - road condition and repairs.

Bear Creek Rd

iSyba5Y.jpg

Black Rd. Chip sealed from the top to about 2/3 of the way down; it wasn't bad. They did this edge to edge so the road appeared wider than before.

cxgRS0x.jpg

pyIzGJI.jpg

WYa7Ks0.jpg

Back