• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

picture.php

Sierra Buttes from Golden Lake Hwy, 07/20/23.

Last edited:
Haven’t ridden in 15yrs. I’m back! Had a Cannondale E440 SM previously, got the itch again…

Attachments

• IMG_7185.jpg
    IMG_7185.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7182.jpg
    IMG_7182.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Welcome back! Nice bike. :ride

GO SFMC!!! Nice shot John.

I'll be back to riding mid August, hopefully on a Ducati again. In the meantime, a shot taken after I followed what I thought was single track only to discover it was a cow path to their local watering hole.

AIL4fc8T-fIFpZ5YOjqkHlLATqepKYtnHQLCFXmPMLg74xpOYf8pysBu2dii-BT4grC2Bxn24T4pvNWZD4_uqgyOWGxW4Xj03WrwUJKjzijl_mTqhK9a4qRQ3w1etisj_RD_Z7XQQiyadsgZlQgtQxZKvfOU1A=w1098-no

GO SFMC!!! Nice shot John.

:thumbup

hope to see you soon! :ride

Nice shot, John! I know that spot

Mr SC-Surfer! :thumbup

and it’s “Sierra” Buttes, of course. :facepalm

one more, Sierra Buttes from the Mills Peak Lookout road, Sierra County, California:

picture.php

(and I finally found Mt Hough and Crystal Lake, thanks to you and the pics you post on BARF! :ride:angel)

and it’s “Sierra” Buttes, of course. :facepalm

one more, Sierra Buttes from the Mills Peak Lookout road, Sierra County, California:
So, did you ride up to the top?

This is looking back down the road to as far as you can legally ride. It's another half mile to the lookout at the top. I've seen people on dirt bikes that have ridden all the way to the stairs. I'm not willing to break that particular law. :cool

ylxQeb3.jpg

New bridges construction on Uvas Rd - these are the second and the third bridges from San Jose side.

1UyxntJ.jpg

oXNsd8a.jpg

4359xiB.jpg

Damn this thread is fun.

I actually took the time to rate it as excellent. Only me? :teeth

Damn this thread is fun.

Not only you! I did, too! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something soon!

GonnaRideSoonChick

Damn this thread is fun.

Where do you "rate" a thread, and what does it do?

With this warm weather it's hard to get motivated to get out and ride...

I didn't get the memo that Mt Hamilton Rd is closed between Quimby and Alum Rock. This spot turned out to be interesting, but not being able to get thru sucked.

nplJphc.jpg

HtVgMXh.jpg

CUnLk3v.jpg

cw3t1c7.jpg

aRKQySw.jpg

Couldn't squeeze thru this spot so had to backtrack down Quimby.

uepqyEn.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted to see if I could get thru Clayton up to Mt Hamilton Rd.

QsuTmay.jpg

I eyed this for a minute and decided the risk-award equation wasn't too attractive - not much room for error. My glove is at the edge of a 2 foot drop onto a narrow ledge, then another 3 feet down.

T1fgn46.jpg

Alum Rock Rd.

MKzmSL6.jpg

Last edited:
So, did you ride up to the top?

This is looking back down the road to as far as you can legally ride. It's another half mile to the lookout at the top. I've seen people on dirt bikes that have ridden all the way to the stairs. I'm not willing to break that particular law. :cool

ylxQeb3.jpg

:thumbup

that’s a great gate pic! I wasn’t brave enough to try to get anywhere up there this trip, and my plated dirt bike buddies told me there’s actually still a huge snow drift at that gate this weekend, so there was no law breaking, this time. :laughing

I’ve been wanting to get up there, ever since I saw the other Sierra Butte pics you’ve posted … maybe next year! :ride

from today’s ride, trying to emulate Mr Gary856. think he would have parked closer:

picture.php

Champs Flat Road, Lassen County, California.

Last edited:
Clayton Rd is passable, taking either the high road
attachment.php

or the low road
attachment.php

Attachments

• lund.jpg
    lund.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 20230722_101123.jpg
    20230722_101123.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 104
:teeth

Attachments

• The Proof is out there.jpg
    The Proof is out there.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 4
^^:laughing

those hi/lo Clayton Road passable action pics are awesome! :thumbup

one from my day, today:

picture.php

Military Pass Road, Siskiyou County, California.

Last edited:
Good day. Yamaha was out there so I got to ride the r1. Ooooooo…….so fun.

Attachments

• IMG_7315.jpg
    IMG_7315.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 4
Where do you "rate" a thread, and what does it do?

At the top of the page just above the post # the second tab from the right is RATING. Click it and it gives you a hollywood star rating.

If enough people rate it the stars appear in the thread title like This. It also shows just when you hit the forum in this case best of barf which should have a hella lot more stars in general. :laughing

Back