• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

^^:laughing

those hi/lo Clayton Road passable action pics are awesome! :thumbup

one from my day, today:

picture.php

Military Pass Road, Siskiyou County, California.

EPIC!!!

No doubt!!!! I will have questions in Bieberville John. :ride

:thumbup

I’m trying to spare us my usual watchtower pics, so here’s yet another Shasta pic: :facepalm:laughing

picture.php

Military Pass Road, near the railroad underpass on the Hwy 97 end, Siskiyou County, California. yesterday’s sunset. recovering from miles of deep soft sand, ouch. :clown

Last edited:
Johnson Creek, Ola, Alder Creek, Idaho City

We headed out earlier than normal to try to beat the heat when coming back into the valley. It worked out well enough.

Johnson Creek Rd. A bit rough, a bit rutted, but interesting.
l9iteUo.jpg

The Payette River and a few hills. This is after the river gets rather flat, higher up it has class 4 and 5 rapids and is a favorite for rafts and kayaks.
Y8UyZIc.jpg

Up above the town of Ola headed toward Smiths Ferry.
rAWA48O.jpg

Smiths Ferry and Highway 55 is down there.
nyUASSj.jpg

What are you doing down here?
Isn't this a little far from home?

In them there hills somewhere in Oregon

You guys are out there living life!! Please continue with the pics and I'll pretend I'm out there too.

Two different days,

First is last Sunday, Dewey, and Cherry on the other side got a bit of rain on Friday, as seen on tv. Well ol' sparky stayed and partied until after midnite Friday, and returned Sat. with threatening clouds and returned to party with another light show. The pix of Sunday morn. Racetrack fire.

Yesterday I worked on small stuff for the day, had the mini unloaded, and on my way to dinner. My current spot is shaded, I can't see what is sliding over Mingus mtn.
I went back to load up, and cover up.
This cloud stalled and got pushed north, erratic winds, monsoon hasn't fully set in yet, but sparky was around last nite

Phoenix will finally drop below 110*/119* this weekend, started 6/30/23, record run.
Most of June, the talking weather heads were teasing about when the 110's start.
Big media fake issue, June was a little cool, and using this as a step for the big heat numbers to come, before monsoon. Well they got THE record for average high temp in July, high daily temps, and the highest lows, mid 90's at night.

No :cool here

Attachments

• IMG_5254.jpg
    IMG_5254.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5259.jpg
    IMG_5259.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
picture.php

BARF HoHo Midsummer Magic Rally, Weaver Bally sunrise, Trinity County, California, this morning. Forty-eight degrees at 6900’ and windy. I was cold. :laughing:ride

Last edited:
I cheated a little, I took the truck to Sedona for weather protection. I got rain two miles out of Cottonwood, and it chased me in Sedona, and rained during the movie.
I did some shopping, little dirt, little Indiana Jones & Dialup Destiny.

Upper backside of Uptown Sedona, and a trailhead out a bit.

Weaverville time again, looks better without the smoke, breathe easy, :ride if you got them, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_5267.jpg
    IMG_5267.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5268.jpg
    IMG_5268.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
from today’s ride, trying to emulate Mr Gary856. think he would have parked closer:

Champs Flat Road, Lassen County, California.

Nah, that shot is perfectly framed! :thumbup

Your KLR adventure photos had me looked up first gen KLRs (the most iconic and best looking, especially green ones like yours) on CL, but I came to my senses and picked up one of these (from Merced today, a long drive) which I've wanted for like 10 years. Let's see if the DR lives up to my expectations.

oYJCTVx.jpg

Last edited:
^^ congratulations on the DR, wonderful bikes for exploring. love the grey, and the big aftermarket fuel tank. :angel

looking forward to one of your photo expeditions on the air-cooled single, and your riding impressions! :thumbup:ride

Last edited:
picture.php

BARF HoHo Midsummer Magic Rally, Weaver Bally sunrise, Trinity County, California, this morning. Forty-eight degrees at 6900’ and windy. I was cold. :laughing:ride

Earning it.

Beautiful :thumbup

Last time I rented a DR650 it felt low and small, so I was surprised that this DR feels tall and big. :confused The DR is like the early career Lady Gaga - it has so many different faces I have no idea what its true-self is like.

O9ehBvA.jpg

Where do you find dirt near by? Construction zone. Alamitos Rd. With knobbies the DR immediately feels more dirty-worthy than my 690 on sport touring tires.

JhPWPKf.jpg

Wa68tnb.jpg

Back