• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

The Frankenstein sticker next to the Frankenstein vehicle is quite appropriate :laughing

Great pics as always...! Sunsets rock. :Port

Did you ride the whole singletrak loop off buzzard lagoon?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806-094949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806-094949_Chrome.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Headed up Mingus Mtn. for some 7K cool, '80s vs 104 in Cottonwood.
7 miles to Jerome, 12 to the top, add two more ridge lines to Prescott.

Pix of the ride back down, signage.

89A winding downhill to Prescott,

Some kind of dam to slow runoff, holding some dead water.

Attachments

• IMG_5284.jpg
    IMG_5284.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5285.jpg
    IMG_5285.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5288.jpg
    IMG_5288.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1
Just above Jerome, the notch @ the wall,

Fun in Jerome, and this isn't THE tight spot to get through yet.

For more 89A goodness, follow along up to Flagstaff on the horizon, , ,
and stop for road work :thumbdown

Attachments

• IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
Here are a few of my bikes at various locations:

TrumpWall.jpg

Energica.jpg

BMW1.jpg

dbZeroSR.jpg

MtRoseEner.jpg

RoseSummit.jpg

-Don- Reno, NV

Did you ride the whole singletrak loop off buzzard lagoon?

No, it was getting late, but I assume you have? Does it get steeper and more technical further in? I'm always worried about getting in deeper than I could handle. Wonder if I should trailer my WR250F there for a scouting run.

Heading up Mt Hamilton it's often a race against the sun, me gaining elevation as the sun losing altitude, and then it's a race against the fading twilight heading downhill.

gUWjVwk.jpg

yEBx5rQ.jpg

tOm6ThU.jpg

uUMLQVg.jpg

No, it was getting late, but I assume you have? Does it get steeper and more technical further in? I'm always worried about getting in deeper than I could handle. Wonder if I should trailer my WR250F there for a scouting run.

Heading up Mt Hamilton it's often a race against the sun, me gaining elevation as the sun losing altitude, and then it's a race against the fading [/img]

My Drz did it with no problems.
The rut keeps your feet off the pegs. 2 creek crossings and one log.
Unless it's been cut by now..
First time start from the Top down!!....access from halfway up the aptos creek road. Look for knobby tracks going into woods.

Last edited:
Style points for meeting up at a flooring store instead of some kind of dining establishment. Certainly wouldn't have seen that coming.

It's next door to this place...

https://captainandstoker.com/

On Sunday mornings the place has a pretty long line and the flooring store is closed. The Monterey Sports Ctr is across the street so watching the ladies go to and fro for yoga classes is just a bonus. :thumbup

Fresh oil (and new manifold pressure sensors and plumbing installed under extended warranty) hopefully we are good to go for another 6k trouble free miles.

AIL4fc_QQj_0bWWlpDcQtC2D-41LGNMVaucrN8bxVLazefSgoqmxuJ7D7MEbdy1kYKK-3SFe_9qkze_5yeJp1tAguDmbMc3a6csGDcL5ZM2px13Ef46SEVZI0OqYrnmSoGLe-bCMoe6iU9qWi_Cu14VvQFL4fQ=w1089-no

Last edited:
Rabbit Creek, Road Creek, Blacks Creek

First rest stop at the summit of Rabbit Creek Rd.
Wr1oZyK.jpg

We follow a lot of rivers up in the hills.
sH3A10R.jpg

View from higher up. We went up and down a lot of hills.
8sDYRJA.jpg

There was a cool dead tree on the way back down Road Creek Road. This one was no beginner road with steep up and down, lots of ruts, and loose stuff. I helped a woman pick up a Honda adventure bike further down. Don't know why the guy she was riding with wasn't helping...
qKHDi6W.jpg

Some interesting rock formations along the Atlanta road.
Uclkmdf.jpg

Final rest stop on the way back out of the hills on Blacks Creek Road.
BfpYm3E.jpg

Different angle

That building looks awesome from both angles!

I noticed this bulge on the rear D606 right after I trailered the DR home when I bought it, and I've been a little weary riding it on the freeway.

yrTmQtp.jpg

Finally took the tire/wheel to Santa Clara Cycle Accessories and it turned out this was the reason of the bulge - looks like a botched mounting job that damaged the bead. :wtf Nobody around here has a tire this size (130/90R17) in stock so SCCA ordered one for me. Best case I'll have it back tomorrow, worst case Saturday.

TgkEhTI.jpg

Back