• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Since the DR is out of commission I had to settle for the 690.

Mt Hamilton closure from Alum Rock side, right after Vineyard Heights.

gtF4QCC.jpg

mW8OJ1c.jpg

fTakohQ.jpg

Clayton Rd. This was almost fully dark but iPhone night mode made it bright like this.

J9zqbrB.jpg

Got out for a quick ride yesterday to meet some folks for a beer at Faction Brewing over in Alameda. Bike is running well after its extended spa day at the dealership, hopefully it lasts and doesn't get me in too much trouble on the way to San Diego next week.

AIL4fc-ntsfrmYVHAwkUvC8gBfmAQYIQTVa3SHZ0kiOR2-G1FW6crvc-_9utozXQvJXp5CUU7P8gCXogpabwR7qWW0ChFsFTFY3LDR4lnrV6gsydVdbFBbni2QR051OeOc9Ea76RBQqpcIiCHoZRlWKLevVZ8g=w1088-no

Got out for a quick ride yesterday to meet some folks for a beer at Faction Brewing over in Alameda. Bike is running well after its extended spa day at the dealership, hopefully it lasts and doesn't get me in too much trouble on the way to San Diego next week.

Hypermotard is correctly spelled Hypertroublemotard.

picture.php

High Rock Canyon, Modoc County, California.

Nice shot, John! :thumbup

That is such a neat ride, and one of my favorite parts of the west. We've ridden that area numerous times for weeks at a time and it still isn't enough.

Edit: There's a Highrock Creek in Modoc County, CA, but I do believe High Rock Canyon is eastern Washoe County, NV :)

Last edited:
Thank you John! You have inspired me to zip up (or at least attemp to) my Stich and go ride.

Thank you John! You have inspired me to zip up (or at least attemp to) my Stich and go ride.

Rocking the good life John!!! :thumbup

:thumbup

thanks, guys … :angel

for an example of the good life, or inspiration to put on our Aerostich and go for a ride, check out BARFer Mr m0t0_ryder in the pic below doing High Rock Canyon on his brand new ‘23 Honda Cub 125 (you can just see the front end, third bike from the left—it’s the bike he had at the recent BARF MotoCafe event). he kept up with the Euro bikes, and I had trouble keeping up with him. :facepalm:laughing

Nice shot, John! :thumbup

That is such a neat ride, and one of my favorite parts of the west. We've ridden that area numerous times for weeks at a time and it still isn't enough.

Edit: There's a Highrock Creek in Modoc County, CA, but I do believe High Rock Canyon is eastern Washoe County, NV :)

thanks for helping me label the location accurately, you’re absolutely right, as always—not sure how I managed to put High Rock Canyon in California. :loco

agree it’s an absolutely awesome area. we did a loop starting in Eagleville and up towards Wall Canyon Reservoir which I remember you talking about, before we started heading east. here’s one more pic from yesterday:

picture.php

The Garage, Yellow Rock Canyon, eastern Washoe County, Nevada.

Last edited:
In process of replacing my 'puter, thinning out my photos of dupes n' such, finding treasures.
This is of my avatar pose, there were three squall lines surrounding me, two past, and one coming. I stayed here for about an hour, hiding from the rain.

Attachments

• IMG_5322.jpg
    IMG_5322.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Great shots John! you are giving me the push I need to get out on the dirt again!

Doing a Lost Coast area this week, no dirt this time.

Love to hook up and go with you sometime!

Well dang, looked up the location now that I know it is in NV, looks like I was right near there on my trip to Oregon to do the BDR, oh well, next time!

Saw this at a car port in Carmel yesterday. I bet the battery's dead.

M2tTMR7.jpg

Still waiting for the rear tire. :(

pxr9VGP.jpg

Big Basin Park toward the north end of 236/9 Junction. The road work is about a mile before Hwy 9. I expected needing to turn back but was surprised someone was there to wave me by, and another to open the gate at the other end, on a Sunday evening. Since they were waiting for me to get thru I didn't stop for pictures.

8q5Vk2U.jpg

Page Mill Rd

kN8l0oP.jpg

Last edited:
Jerome Az, Connor Hotel 1893, Spirit Room, still :party:party after all those years.

Llory McDonald & Combo Deluxe, local to Jerome, and The Cadillac Angels are still headlining here after 14 years, of my knowlage.

Still packing in stray women looking for a dance, on weekend afternoons, , ,
My bike out front, again.

Haunted Hambuger for a good one, The Asylum Restaurant, top of the town, for the view, and fine dining.

Attachments

• IMG_5325.jpg
    IMG_5325.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5324.jpg
    IMG_5324.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 5
Wood headstock for the "Little Daisy Mine", The Douglass Mansion just above it, now a state park. It has an internal model of the tunneling in Mingus Mtn.

Stories of blasting rock made the jail travel downhill a bit. Some are surprised that the mountain still stands.

Attachments

• IMG_5328.jpg
    IMG_5328.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5329.jpg
    IMG_5329.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 2
Hypermotard is correctly spelled Hypertroublemotard.

I’m on my second one and they’re nice for ripping around the neighborhood. Although they’ve both been fairly reliable Im not confident enough in them to pick one for a road trip. After all they are Italian

Back