• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

With the fresh rear D606 tire on the DR feels more squirmy and floppy like a dirt bike. It's a part of the charm, I guess, but a bike with a narrow 21" front wheel definitely does not handle as well as bikes with 17" wheels on pavement. I don't get why some people say they can corner just as fast on pavement with a 21" front wheel.

I headed out late to avoid the heat, but an extra hour of day light would've been nice, as usual.

vYjUrVA.jpg

HT4tYKj.jpg

hpWPRNd.jpg

iS6YA2f.jpg

I don't get why some people say they can corner just as fast on pavement with a 21" front wheel.
It has been thirteen years since I have owned a bike that didn't have a 21" front wheel. I guess I'm used to how it feels. And I found that a D606 is less "squirmy" than a TKC-80 in a 120 width tire, at least. Once you know exactly how a particular tire behaves in all situations, it's not too hard to push it a bit. But you'll never see me trying to drag a knee on them.
:ride

On a side note, I'm posting fewer photos lately because it's hot out there. In the heat, I prefer going up in the hills in a nice air conditioned 4x4. Yesterday at about 1:30 in the afternoon above 6000 feet I got a reading of 96 degrees on my outside temperature gauge. I don't enjoy riding on rough dirt roads once it gets that high. And I'm sure nobody wants to see Bronco photos here.

Tumble Inn, Old Ridge Road - bike was reading right around 100f luckily there was a nice breeze.

AIL4fc8lLKJspEY0MES1c998qGMhkcA1es6-MCd3KEuHLl25H_IgEZrkbnH24X42Elrf8jD8MvdgsXS5JjYqWCuiEOuZ17SPiYy8VvZtTJAjhnbxsYLaz1F8gnhyL4o2ouwQs6CTNlgcnc_ThiJx4b1SeFkckA=w1088-no

Last edited:
@gary, I recommend the Motoz Dual Venture up front on your DR. It grips really well, especially for being a knobby. I pair it with a Motoz Adventure rear on my Africa Twin. They're squirmy for the first couple of hundred miles, but once worn in, they're pretty solid.

On a side note, I'm posting fewer photos lately because it's hot out there.

I don't want to go out when it's in the upper 80s.

@gary, I recommend the Motoz Dual Venture up front on your DR. It grips really well, especially for being a knobby. I pair it with a Motoz Adventure rear on my Africa Twin.

Thanks. A lot of dual-sport tire combos to try for sure.

Watsonville/SantaTeresa/Sunnyside intersection

eGTmkXs.jpg

El Toro Hill in Morgan Hill. This is the high peak you see on 101 in Morgan Hill.

Kptc9Ee.jpg

It's been over 100 at some point on every day of my trip to and from San Diego. You know it's been hot when you start to feel a "chill" and notice the bike is reading 80 as the ambient temps.

Sherman Pass, finally

AIL4fc-ARcXZIHmwwxyKnnuPpqLQQLktnXc-I9XAfYTXtZJUmyzxtdNcO_mc-C9cjQ4XaWU9HPX6W7wcMN-GhfFdzgirOmpEgpTSUVC5Y7XsEkWkFvL0sXZDuul4P7pO7oTiiTUAcNiPFbWorFoYx2FSZu7J7w=w1088-no

It's been over 100 at some point on every day of my trip to and from San Diego. You know it's been hot when you start to feel a "chill" and notice the bike is reading 80 as the ambient temps.

Sherman Pass, finally

AIL4fc-ARcXZIHmwwxyKnnuPpqLQQLktnXc-I9XAfYTXtZJUmyzxtdNcO_mc-C9cjQ4XaWU9HPX6W7wcMN-GhfFdzgirOmpEgpTSUVC5Y7XsEkWkFvL0sXZDuul4P7pO7oTiiTUAcNiPFbWorFoYx2FSZu7J7w=w1088-no

Hope the rear gets you home!

Made a run to the top of Mt. Ham. Brown Ham, no eggs.

[YOUTUBE]0BOwV71O7gA[/YOUTUBE]

Happy new (used) bike day to me!

Picked up this 2017 Husky 701 for a song in Sacramento and rode home along the delta.

Holland Rd
mzN1QpT.jpg

Hwy 84
mxoMzqf.jpg

Real McCoy Ferry
ULRvtFl.jpg

You know it's been hot when you start to feel a "chill" and notice the bike is reading 80 as the ambient temps.

I can relate. I remember braving 100+ on San Antonio Valley / Mines and it felt cool when it dropped down to 96 degrees.

Happy new (used) bike day to me!

Picked up this 2017 Husky 701 for a song in Sacramento and rode home along the delta.

Congrats! Should be an awesome ride.

Top of Jamison Creek Rd. They paved the lower half - nice and smooth - and are still working on the upper half.

bb2m8Hq.jpg

Skyline

V9PDXTD.jpg

Lobitas Cutoff

vkTjypN.jpg

Higgins Canyon Rd. Signs on both ends say it's closed due to road failure; this is the spot, no problem riding thru.

TKzFRGM.jpg

Nice ride today! Carmel Valley rd to Green field ,Metz rd to King City,198 to 25.
Turned off on Cienega rd then San Juan grade rd( bumpy as hell!) the ride back to Salinas.
192 miles of bliss!
Only took 2 pics, On Carmel valley rd and at the beginning of Cienega.

Attachments

• 31A8CECE-7EE4-4D5F-BA4B-81FA60D392A7.jpg
    31A8CECE-7EE4-4D5F-BA4B-81FA60D392A7.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 3
  • E1155C76-14D6-4982-9CC0-9E507B2A2F23.jpg
    E1155C76-14D6-4982-9CC0-9E507B2A2F23.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1
Did you guys run into my buddy Dan on the Pikes Peak today?
He rode to Gualala and said he got soaked!

Back