• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

The crappy brakes of the DR650 require major recalibration for street riding - I almost blew two turns without going that fast; it almost felt like there was no brake! Also, how does it make sense that the fairly slow DR650 averages only 37 mpg over the last 350 miles, while my much bigger/heavier/more powerful '08 R1200GS averages over 44 mpg forever? :rolleyes

Farms around Santa Teresa / Hale in Coyote.

DPU84Vh.jpg

NQ9gwtg.jpg

4zdksdd.jpg

GGhVN7l.jpg

Found graffiti alley in downtown Petaluma

Attachments

• IMG_7329.jpg
    IMG_7329.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7327.jpg
    IMG_7327.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 3
...how does it make sense that the fairly slow DR650 averages only 37 mpg...

Carburetor may be set way too rich for your usage where you're pissing unburned fuel out your exhaust.

9.5:1 compression ratio isn't as efficient at converting gas to propulsion than 12.6:1

Air cooled motors have sloppy tolerances (for heat expansion) and you leak more pressure leaving less for propulsion

Also, how does it make sense that the fairly slow DR650 averages only 37 mpg over the last 350 miles, while my much bigger/heavier/more powerful '08 R1200GS averages over 44 mpg forever?
My XR650L went from averaging about 35 to averaging about 45 after I put a higher compression piston in it. It's back closer to 40 mpg now for some reason.

My fuel injected KTM with 12.7:1 pistons has averaged over 57 mpg in the 14,000 miles that I've owned it. Fuel injection and higher compression equals better mileage.

Photos coming later today. Finally getting out into the hills again.
:ride

Silver City, Oreana

Headed up the road to Silver City.
AJBWEbf.jpg

It's all uphill from here to the summit. You can keep a pretty good pace if you don't run into any road graders (there was one).
iPOr6aH.jpg

We stopped at the summit for a break.
i7L6c2g.jpg

There were a few puddles from the recent rain on the road out, headed toward Oregon. This one was big enough to maybe be a pond.
ehzRQ8i.jpg

This is the group - three old guys.
xlOzv8K.jpg

Some cool rock formations as we got closer to Oregon.
LxKZsyb.jpg

Had to run over to storage on Treasure Island today to get a sleeping bag for a friend to borrow. Figured it was worth a quick stop for a photo. Only thing clean on the bike is the chain.

AIL4fc9gk9q2mpafHKytifsoFUNRDYAIyNkxvm8n1v4tQE0VDjsmIYIinvUqropHmf9xSmufGtcUtfn4z6qPVSgp2-Y6Oq-K9Gsck6zn4NTvvLDEAUXN1QpWHb9XrhFGqC8eDxhNzErMiBLpwzYbl67j_EPZbg=w1088-no

Headed up the road to Silver City.

There were a few puddles from the recent rain on the road out, headed toward Oregon. This one was big enough to maybe be a pond.
ehzRQ8i.jpg

Ugh...we just rode through the Oreana area on Tuesday towards Jordan Valley. I really wanted to go up and over through Silver City but we'd been battling the rain for 4 days and didn't want to get halfway through and have to struggle through any more quagmires. It looks like it was perfect for you guys yesterday!

This is not the Feather River in CA. It's the Featherville Motel on the South Fork of the Boise River in Idaho. That's our wet tent hanging over the railing in the background...

i-3qc4T7g-XL.jpg

IdahoLovin'Chick

Ugh...we just rode through the Oreana area on Tuesday towards Jordan Valley. I really wanted to go up and over through Silver City but we'd been battling the rain for 4 days and didn't want to get halfway through and have to struggle through any more quagmires. It looks like it was perfect for you guys yesterday!
You missed out. The road to Silver City is much more scenic. Based on what I saw at the creek crossings headed toward Oreana, it probably would have been a better road too. The puddles were only in the flat part. :cool

You missed out. The road to Silver City is much more scenic. Based on what I saw at the creek crossings headed toward Oreana, it probably would have been a better road too. The puddles were only in the flat part. :cool

Gee, thanks. I feel better now :mad

:laughing

Sorry>Safe

Last edited:
A couple of religious sites,

Left over rain, little telltails out there about how hard the water flows.
Monsoon a bit spotty this year, all about scattered showers, small dumps mostly, but the big ones do show. A few new washouts along the top rim.
New concrete work on 89A, in the switchbacks, almost to the rim.

Attachments

• IMG_5347.jpg
    IMG_5347.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5353.jpg
    IMG_5353.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5345.jpg
    IMG_5345.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1
Schenebly Hill Rd. This will take you to I 17 from Sedona. Mostly rocky, but a county road, up to and past the rim, dirt starts around the corner, poaching Pink Jeep stuff.

Got me a little bit of slick rock, legal.

Trail head above uptown,

The old Art Barn RV park, was in use when I first moved to Az.
I had hopes of moving there, but no.
Tour buses use this area for parking now.

No pix, but I did look in the HD of Sedona shop, a T- shirt and treasures store to see if they stock a bike or two there.
I did find the shop keeper working on something as I walked in.
"You put a spell on me" from CC&R, blasting, and some physical thing in the air.
Something was way different, I asked her about it, music about black magic in Sedona.
Way more going on with my feels, she 'fessed up to it.
Casting a spell on some guy she knows, with something I can't see, this had an off white aura. She was wound up and very present time, type power.

So yes, another soaring heart experience with the magic of Sedona, , ,

Vortex tuned heart dude

Attachments

• IMG_5352.jpg
    IMG_5352.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5354.jpg
    IMG_5354.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5357.jpg
    IMG_5357.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 2
Got this bad boy back yesterday, it's sweet.

The graffiti is constantly changing along that wall. The ground Graffiti is exploding!

That bike looks like a bad mutha..

Last edited:
At the columbarium to visit my mom at her final resting place while out scrubbing in some new tires.

Whoa, I missed a lot!!
Woodschick riding and posting :party
Cdona always delivers :hail
NFukn8 (just kidding but that'd be an awesome barf handle) :rofl always somewhere on 2

and Cabrito paying a vist to mom :rose

Thanks all of you for posting.

Back