• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

My fuel injected KTM with 12.7:1 pistons has averaged over 57 mpg in the 14,000 miles that I've owned it. Fuel injection and higher compression equals better mileage.

57 mpg is astonishingly good. When I rented a 790 Adventure R I averaged 46 mpg over 294 miles, on Motoz Tractionators, 35 psi front and rear. Rode between SF to Skaggs Springs Rd, all pavement.

The south end of Santa Teresa Rd in Gilroy

DEGpHBy.jpg

Rode 66 miles to get to Hollister Hills, and then rode over 30 miles in 3 hrs inside the park. The place was practically deserted.

Lower Field

kGXxxun.jpg

This is scary to look at. I don't know how people do this, especially when the surface is a little loose.

4r7lMfn.jpg

Ridge Rd

GmTJVL7.jpg

nJkYLkj.jpg

Last edited:
Still in Hollister Hills

High Rd

inpTtHi.jpg

5qKH9pu.jpg

Tule Lake, Olive Orchard Rd

TiHhcn9.jpg

Saturday evening

Livermore Altamont Cruisers

F6o8zCj.jpg

Livermore Asphalt Social Club

R1nJaf7.jpg

boQKPkN.jpg

z499qBz.jpg

aEIGDio.jpg

Qx5GSHD.jpg

QYArK9t.jpg

ZKpbduU.jpg

Whats the story with that pickup and that bug? Is there something in the bed (or beneath it) of that truck? What's the stuff in the front of the bug? I assume all the plumbing and what not in the back is all "motor". Supercharger or something.

The orange truck has been tubbed, wheel wells to the top bed rail, sez it lowers to the ground. There may be more in it.

I can't figure out if the bug is right hand drive, gauge placement.
Big turbo sucking thru a 4 bbl carb. Engine looks larger than stock, physically.
Not sure about the fuel cell or water cooled intercooler tank, needs a radiator for it, inside?

The bug is right hand drive. Having had many hot rod bugs in my early life I would say the engine is an air cooled VW variant. I had one with a Holley "bug spray" carb but never turbo'd with a giant real car carb. The aluminum box is the fuel cell.

Caught the sunset / full moon tonight on the way home. No bad, also the KTM is a hoot.

AIL4fc-6RZAntJO20I7pIzsIudv0qA8HUgjj0n14jqzIenWsjq6wUFwG_-xPxSsLE_cx2rmxmnZ6krR7oCf1vqPonlqWSr6Gpaz1RfSMUJzxWKjh0BF_b8MaixYyCtm_46bBvs-YfyfsZv6-DzVU3n6TUR8eZw=w1088-no

AIL4fc-jquU18hIRTcBxjESOdjXrRJD9l8UFGrJiECzTofaXr0i9iqiGnLRk7pE4RzrFEseWYem3tZo6N2v9NsHAzFCU2KnWK5DpQkIShv3LoS7plqQQHzdsFCrc-UMOGjlk26fyv0khnVyAPG_ZtZ_7I48_pw=w1088-no

Headed to somewhere up above Crouch

We had planned to head somewhere new, way up north, taking back roads wherever possible. Before coming down out of the hills to one of the paved highways, the KTM 500 EXC started misfiring, so we cut it short and headed back rather than taking a chance of having to rescue in the middle of nowhere. Still a good ride, even without the final destination.

First rest stop about half-way up the road to the ski resort, off on a short dirt road.
fdsISeV.jpg

Up along the north half of Boise Ridge Rd, looking east.
hiBCP02.jpg

Rest stop number two, Boise is behind the bike and to the left a bit.
aXm6nHc.jpg

Alder Creek Rd headed northbound.
yDXIuH2.jpg

somewhere in the East Bay hills. Not as pretty as a sunset but if you need to go . . .

Attachments

• Z40083023p2.jpg
    Z40083023p2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Z40083023b.jpg
    Z40083023b.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 5
Idaho sure is pretty, bathrooms are also pretty when things get urgent...

CSSF Moto-93 - SO much easier to get to the airbox on this thing than on my Hyper. Also, that Monster next to me is dead sexy.

AIL4fc_U23TTLd-OrezjIEsAtv4SFe4zfiab37Udf1G9lOVu6UCsWp2MQICSdyhOQNiIjo_EiPdQX5CwyiNDygMrYzf7-Dm19dT1VGX2BcwxkgpAvtDqoeNGc21OAvbKnOXzkztHK4M1Y5ZfUiYjXpbATjhVog=w1088-no

Is that Ducati Monster a "Record Holder"?

I didn't inquire as to what 33 1/2 meant. I assumed it was a track thing as the riders tires clearly had been to the track recently.

They're clean!

Okay, it's not up in the hills or anywhere else interesting, it's my driveway. But I've been telling my riding buddies that I was going to wash the KTM for at least a couple of months and finally got around to it. Did both of them, in fact. The XR still had mud on it from back in May. Neither of them are exactly sparkling clean, but there is no longer a quarter inch of dust on the rear wheel of the KTM anymore. Both chains cleaned and lubricated too. They'll be dirty again within a week. :cool

aypGcxz.jpg

Del Puerto Canyon

s0oz6Uy.jpg

ENoNRby.jpg

Corral Hollow

260Vque.jpg

Darcie Kent Estate Winery

q1HtEiJ.jpg

Next to Safeway Tracy Distribution Center

K1bhKuH.jpg

Fwz2KTy.jpg

Next to Grant Line