• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Feck it, heres mine as well, Thanks Ken. :p

z5xELYu.jpg

Very cool! :thumbup

Met up with my vintage friends yesterday and a woman showed up with this. Apparently she has owned it since it was new! :wow

picture.php

wow, some wonderful survivor pics in my favorite BARF thread, recently. :gsxrgrl

check out the stock exhaust system on the GPz … did you notice how many miles it has on the odo? original owner, sooo cool! :ride

Last edited:
wow, some wonderful survivor pics in my favorite BARF thread, recently. :gsxrgrl

check out the stock exhaust system on the GPz … did you notice how many miles it has on the odo? original owner, sooo cool! :ride

I did not... I was mesmerized by the stock exhaust as well. I worked in a dealership when those were new and I don't remember them being that clean then. :laughing

Your friends are vintage John. :laughing

Took the Redshift SM to Metcalf Motorcycle Park on Friday. Already really dry and loose it becomes even worse with street tires.

I met this dude with a Sur Ron Ultra Bee. Unfortunately the ranger kicked him out because he didn't have a green sticker or plate.
0901231156_HDR-XL.jpg

Did some Trail 1 mode testing, Mode 3 seems to be best for offroad, 4 has too much power and regen the tires just spin/slide
0901231228_HDR-XL.jpg

0901231228a_HDR-XL.jpg

H20 Hill Climb Conquered
0901231244a_HDR-XL.jpg

0901231245a_HDR-XL.jpg

For that authentic supermoto experience I rode down and up Metcalf Road then straight to the MX track
0901231315_HDR-XL.jpg

Best view from Trail 3
0901231419_HDR-XL.jpg

Rode up the hillclimb that killed my Sur Ron Light Bee last year Redshift made it up ez
0901231422_HDR-XL.jpg

0901231423_HDR-XL.jpg

First crash on the Redshift SM even after a bunch of races. Hillside track was all beat up and overgrown. Front washed out going around the corner.
0901231426_HDR-XL.jpg

I said I wasn't going to do any singletrack but I had some juice left so I tried Horseshoe Singletrack and that was a bad idea because going around one steep and loose switchback I had no traction to get up it. Had to push it up it a bit.
0901231443_HDR-XL.jpg

0901231444-XL.jpg

Time to pack up and go home
0901231528a_HDR-XL.jpg

Last edited:
First crash on the Redshift SM even after a bunch of races. Hillside track was all beat up and overgrown. Front washed out going around the corner.
Did you actually crash, or just dump the bike. If the bike goes down and I don't, it isn't crash. I'm pretty good at stepping away from a bike that I can't save from going down.

H20 Hill Climb Conquered

Awesome - on street tires, no less! :thumbup I need to ride Metcalf more to work up the nerve to do hill climbs.

Did you actually crash, or just dump the bike. If the bike goes down and I don't, it isn't crash. I'm pretty good at stepping away from a bike that I can't save from going down.

Hair splitting. :laughing I always thought I could manage/recover from slides because they're usually pretty progressive, but recently I lost the front of my mountain bike on dry, matted down grass (i.e., straw) without much lean at fairly low speed. I was down on my right elbow in an instant; didn't realize dry grass could be that slick and that was a lesson to always tread carefully.

Mt Hamilton Rd (shortly after turning left from Quimby). The down tree was light enough for me to drag it out of the way if I had to, but I wasn't that motivated to get thru.

APDsKdA.jpg

Ao4KzDW.jpg

Murillo Ave. It felt a little odd to see these cars with windows down and no one around; they felt like baits for a trap or something so I didn't want to get too close to them. :loco

aZKvW7M.jpg

Clayton Rd. They upgraded the barriers from water-filled plastic to concrete and blocked the road better. A motived rider could still get around them but, again, I wasn't too motivated.

TKnHMg9.jpg

Sierra Rd

ssW7lOt.jpg

Yes I went down with the bike slide under the bike for about a foot landed on my knee also. Tucked the front, not much you can do other than really get on the throttle. First time it's been down since I've owned it and I've raced it about 4 times.

A friend's '82 Honda MB5 and my '97 Dream 50 out behind my shop, after returning from our tiddler ride down Pleasants Valley Road to Winters for Mexican food. Size does matter, small is lots of fun!

Tiddlers-XL.jpg

MB5-XL.jpg

-Bill

Prairie, Pine, Featherville, Sun Valley, Stanley, Lowman, Banks (part 1)

Did a big loop, somewhere around 400 miles. More than 100 of that was on dirt roads and twice we were above 8700 feet in altitude.

First rest stop, on the way to Prairie.
W9KQm93.jpg

A look back toward Boise, after crossing the river.
qIUTB2X.jpg

This trip involved a few more animals on the road than normal. Since it's so steep here, there was no waiting for the cows to go off to the side of the road, we just had to ride through them.
17elfSe.jpg

The view back to Anderson Ranch Dam. We rode up the valley on the other side of the river and crossed the dam.
3jwiCzf.jpg

South fork of the Boise River, headed toward Ketchum.
qeSNAis.jpg

Prairie, Pine, Featherville, Sun Valley, Stanley, Lowman, Banks (part 2)

Climbing up to one of the highest points of this trip, looking to the west. This is above 8600 feet, but we don't have this view at the very top.
MlhEGIq.jpg

Above 8700 feet at the pass of Forest Service Rd 277 (a.k.a. Little Smoky Rd) looking to the east.
LikTObw.jpg

MdHqrVq.jpg

You know you're on a steep mountainside when there are few straight sections on the map and the road keeps looping back on itself.
3Z22XA8.jpg

The mountains are SO beautiful up on the way from Sun Valley to Stanley.
1Bly5Jy.jpg

The Sawtooth Mountains headed toward Stanley.
3neLhIv.jpg

On the way out of Stanley, late in the day through forests and meadows, I was saying to myself "watch for deer, watch for pronghorn (a.k.a., antelope)". What animal did we see on the road? Mountain goats. Four of them. Sorry I didn't have time to get a photo of them.

What do they say in Hawaii? No rain, no rainbows?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you don't get rained on once in a while you're not trying enough. This was the second time this year for me.
To8aQiw.jpg

Last edited:
@ Scott :applause

@ Bill - love the small bikes. We had a MB50 save us in a 24 hour race by donating its handlebars for our RZ after a crash. Closest I ever came to riding a honda in my adult life. :teeth

Scott, you're making me really miss Idaho backroads! I've been wanting to do the ID BDR for a few years now. Next summer might be the time...

Back