• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Thanks, Budman

Alum Rock Ave

B7coNAE.jpg

Blossom Hill Ave

EJ9EPSE.jpg

I have to comment on this. At the local county fair, they have an art section with photos and paintings.

And there's one guy who does these paintings, and his specialty are those lights at night effects like these two photos. Oils, I'm sure, but he just do an amazing job of capturing the gradients of the cast of lights and shadows.

Thursday, Flag to Kingman, wind up, bailing from I 40, bad pavement Seligman to Kingman.
Had this shot framed, my bike, rig, German tourists, to The Snow Cap. Dang Sodexo truck pulled out in front of Snow Cap.
Wind getting worse later in the afternoon, layed up in Kingman, Parumph tomorrow.

Leaving Kingman I got to relive the first CannonBall redone. Today it seems a Cannonball from Vegas to Kingman, way more than 50 old bikes scattered between, with modern stuff along. Like they fired up that Dixon Meet, and hit the road. No pix, I was rolling 70 with a tail wind, some old bikes were hammered by the head wind.
Windborne dirt in the air for a red sunset Parumph.

Attachments

• IMG_5439.jpg
    IMG_5439.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5442.jpg
    IMG_5442.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2
Out the back door of Parumph, in Ca. I picked a spot to turn around, a wilderness area. Banned from continuing on dirt, just down the road 150 yards, big sign for land sale, can they sell wilderness? Checker board stuff?

https://www.springmountainmotorsports.com some of their toys, , ,
Barf Rally, wadding up 'vets & caddies ????

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5447.jpg
    IMG_5447.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5449.jpg
    IMG_5449.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 2
My first real experience with dirt! Rode Sections 1, 3, 4 and half of 2 (out of 6) with 3 other geologists over Labor Day. Had a blast! A bit more challenging than expected lol.

Me and the KLR on Bethel Ridge (this is what I dreamed it would be like)

My first down:
(lost about a gallon of gas from the leaky gen1 gas cap, but managed to drag the front back into the road and lift her up, felt good about that!)

Our final campsite overlooking Lake Chelan. What a spot! (we camped 5 nights and hoteled one)

Here is a rough edit of the drone footage:
https://youtu.be/n0Xmun2Tet4?si=CWK1mn46RwN-bUsk

damn those photos are making me drool. thanks for sharing.

Crouch to Smith's Ferry to Ola

Lunch stop along the Payette River.
glY3BAR.jpg

Some cool rock formations north of Crouch.
cRlkNQe.jpg

The only "leaves" falling currently are really pine needles.
4jSdF13.jpg

We're starting to get some autumn colors.
ZPpA08L.jpg

We occasionally get a glimpse of distant mountains through the trees.
d3u1dSa.jpg

Love all the pictures! Gary, you make life look fun :thumbup

Typical pose for all my bikes :laughing

53220948168_056631ff5a_c.jpg

Love all the pictures! Gary, you make life look fun :thumbup

Typical pose for all my bikes :laughing

53220948168_056631ff5a_c.jpg

:laughing I can relate!

How are you liking the new scoot? I'm guessing it made a pretty rad birthday present for you :party:bday I hope it brings you miles of smiles! :)

The one in the picture is on loan from Rawrr. I get the Beta in a couple weeks. It will be fun to compare them. I have to say I feel absolutely set free with these midsized electric bikes. Plenty of power and so much fun.
I would encourage anyone to throw a leg over and try one out.

biker party at the R-Ranch (https://r-ranch.net), about a mile before the Turtle Rock Store, Capelle Valley Road, Napa County, California:

picture.php

moonset and rustic cabin.

picture.php

motorcycle fellowship around the campfire, with pup-dog.

(need to try an electric dirt bike, asap! :party)

Last edited:
Awesome share, thanks John!
Looks like they have volunteer opportunities, I want to know more!
You da man!

Power plant, Laughlin Nv, that one got sold, maybe Korea, pulled down and shipped out to rebuild. Fun when they dropped the stack.
Morro Bay is due for this too, I don't think the powerplant will be reused, but talking of dropping the stacks.

R-Ranch has been there forevers, first time I've heard of bikes welcomed into that cowboy/dude ranch.

I'm looking at leaves changing colors, here at the bottom of 50 from Tahoe. A little rain to settle the dust of Oct.

Back