• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

R-Ranch has been there forevers, first time I've heard of bikes welcomed into that cowboy/dude ranch.

the R-Ranch is old school, for sure. :thumbup

fun place for a party—we have a couple members who are “owners” and we go once a year, maybe. repost bike-on-location pic from 2021:

picture.php

R-Ranch was on our 2023 ride calendar this year, and I’ll post up in our BARF SFMC thread next time we go … motorcyclists always welcome. :ride

Last edited:
Owyhee Mountains

The plan for today's ride was to ride in the Owyhee Mountains to the south, go over to the other side past Silver City, then loop back around. But since it rained for most of the weekend we changed our plans once we got up there.

This road looked like this, then would have a mud patch, then kind of dry followed by more mud. It looked like it would just get worse, so we bailed and decided not to go that way.
RNQcXYR.jpg

Since we didn't get much dirt riding in, we headed over to Reynolds Creek, which was only a tiny bit muddy. But you can see what would have awaited us going over the mountain.
5p1Wbno.jpg

Headed back out, back to pavement - the lunch stop.
5fsQB0N.jpg

Things looked better to the north, back in the valley.
QWvJGHO.jpg

Last edited:
Typical pose for all my bikes :laughing

That's a cool shot, but whenever I see hill climb tire tracks like that, the image of Nature vs. Machine (environmental preservation and anti-industrialization) from Lord of the Rings pops into my head. I haven't ridden an electric dirt bike but it seems that it must be great fun to ride - noise free, instant torque and not being able to stall it.

Since we didn't get much dirt riding in, we headed over to Reynolds Creek, which was only a tiny bit muddy. But you can see what would have awaited us going over the mountain.

Headed back out, back to pavement - the lunch stop.

:thumbup Nice shots!

Coyota Valley

HqY8Kav.jpg

Uvas Rd

tOX73zJ.jpg

This is a most enjoyable thread :thumbup

One of my favorite thread for sure.

Just outside of Pacific Beach - Sandlake Road

ADCreHcXnRm_EhI3ZrIPUtJqk8TEVnhWr9rLsQK7jjaMHSZvRaU_GWlotqzFhb8xsf53cVeWP49qj4cibLZ0ppKsBZbqwgcKrg4KM6BzNUndYp-hQRjWK2B9xRbQsApNLFCFSgjR57_Ivav7tJGw6EHOAbXqnw=w1088-no

It's interesting how the body adapts to the feels of a new bike. The DR650, with its 21" front wheel, felt floppy at low speed, and I had to hold the bars deliberately to keep it from flopping. But I didn't get that sensation at all tonight; couldn't make it feel floppy when I tried...

Downtown SJ, 3rd St

I thought this girl had red hair at first...

SIcvBcW.jpg

gfxg2se.jpg

9RVkZKd.jpg

Last edited:
Santa Clara St

A new Italian restaurant across the street from SJ City Hall

udg6tTb.jpg

ScFKxTC.jpg

XOzoSoh.jpg

Ridden against the old tech DR650, the 690 immediately felt premium; all the controls and the engine are light and creamy feeling.

Mt Hamilton

4qaqDXR.jpg

I was chilling when these guys caught me half way up, and I followed them to the top. I was really impressed by the Grom being able to keep up with the group.

lKK5B0V.jpg

A Grom on Hamilton?! Shit...either I need to lose a fuckton of weight or that rider massaged the shit out of the engine! I can barely get my Monkey to climb a small hill without slowing down to 30 MPH. :laughing

I was chilling when these guys caught me half way up, and I followed them to the top. I was really impressed by the Grom being able to keep up with the group.

A Grom on Hamilton?! Shit...either I need to lose a fuckton of weight or that rider massaged the shit out of the engine! I can barely get my Monkey to climb a small hill without slowing down to 30 MPH. :laughing

Indeed. Is that a testament to the Grom, or the group?

Last edited:
That's a big substation, or maybe I just don't know my substations.

Somewhere along NF-42 in Oregon

ADCreHezyAHHYgBq_ss4anLpnDrkHfuprUHqS_QEZ7gMyRc2K1VVEM6xNjdyqzmAZpMg8ggSPIkmx1L3qqfE5l2aAzdp0dB0-u30T4Y6hwLx1ay9dubMb2PnBClXAzxU613r7pMXKXuB5QudeFIFFYERvZIW6w=w1088-no

Back