• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Well, learned my lesson and will slow for big birds.

Ratpick mentioned Carmel Valley Rd which reminded me that I haven't been there for a long time, so I went.

Hwy 183 toward Salinas

5SF5VVz.jpg

fOS1VBd.jpg

Z8b5wmJ.jpg

JCe2tXp.jpg

River Rd

3L2MaQQ.jpg

Birds are really good with vector calcs so generally know if you’re on a collision course or not. This one must have had its mind on other things.

Dude Mag....

This is barf. We don't go look at Bookshit for pictures...at least I won't :twofinger

Got out with a couple of friends and were joined by some others on shall we say sleds. Made for a chill ride through the SC mountains and a good chance to see what conditions are like. I told them I would chill until we get to Page Mill on the run down the hill.... then :later and myself and L8Braker would wait at the bottom.

Beautiful day.. only really got one pic because we were in a 7 bike group, but the Roadside Cafe in Davenport was rocking with live music and the food also made the location great..:thumbup

Attachments

• Bike on location Roadhouse Davenport.jpg
    Bike on location Roadhouse Davenport.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Bike on location Roadhouse Davenpor2t.jpg
    Bike on location Roadhouse Davenpor2t.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 2
Nice day for a ride today. Had lunch at Mels in Jackson came back Middle Bar road, real goaty from Hwy 49 to the bridge.

Not many flowers, just a few poppies.
attachment.php

Middle Bar bridge, top of Pardee reservoir.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Mining relic going up to Palomo road.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8378.jpg
    IMG_8378.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8380.jpg
    IMG_8380.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8382.jpg
    IMG_8382.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8385.jpg
    IMG_8385.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 98
Good stuff Bill.

I wanted to stop along the coast because the amazing yellow flowers against the ocean shore and clear blue skies in the mid-day sun would have been great.

I should have forced it and dealt with the boys going :wtf

:laughing

Dude Mag....

This is barf. We don't go look at Bookshit for pictures...at least I won't :twofinger

Got out with a couple of friends and were joined by some others on shall we say sleds. Made for a chill ride through the SC mountains and a good chance to see what conditions are like. I told them I would chill until we get to Page Mill on the run down the hill.... then :later and myself and L8Braker would wait at the bottom.

Beautiful day.. only really got one pic because we were in a 7 bike group, but the Roadside Cafe in Davenport was rocking with live music and the food also made the location great..:thumbup

Only way I know how to post a video lol

Only way I know how to post a video lol

Put the video on Youtube, use the video link above (see screen shot below) and use that link to post your video. FB will not let you copy just a video link, you have to go to FB to view. I have FB just a lot of people who do not.

attachment.php

Attachments

• post pic.jpg
    post pic.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 173
Birds are really good with vector calcs so generally know if you’re on a collision course or not. This one must have had its mind on other things.

The motorcycle's acceleration caught that turkey vulture off guard - it barely got off the ground. If it reacted a fraction of a second quicker (or if I had slowed) it would've missed my shoulder.

County Fairgrounds

k8QHLBF.jpg

5gSqJzi.jpg

Put the video on Youtube, use the video link above (see screen shot below) and use that link to post your video. FB will not let you copy just a video link, you have to go to FB to view. I have FB just a lot of people who do not.

attachment.php

ok cool thanks

^^:thumbup

BARFer Mr @bananachunks joined me for the sunrise this morning at Father Crowley Point, Inyo County, California:

picture.php

:ride

Shell Creek Rd. off 58, SLO county, bloom start.

Only two main flowers are blooming, the poppies have yet to get started, the green is fading, soil is dry.

More rain for this weeks end, maybe into April?

Local Fun, How is your 60' time?
and
Shade, hard to find along the road, or you hike thru a field for it

I also hit 229 for the fun, pavement ok, a bit dirty, from dragging off pavement dirt onto the road, no flowers yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5822.jpg
    IMG_5822.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5826.jpg
    IMG_5826.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5831.jpg
    IMG_5831.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Weighed this '19 R1250GS on a bathroom scale - full tank, with a Givi Trekker luggage rack (but no panniers): 574.6 lbs total (= 287.6 lbs front + 287 lbs rear). For comparison, my '08 R1200GS weigh 539 lbs total (= 269 lbs front + 270 lbs rear) on the same scale. Wow - both bikes have practically 50/50 front/rear weight distribution!

San Felipe Rd

8mgZjui.jpg

w9qaPT1.jpg

Weighed this '19 R1250GS on a bathroom scale - full tank, with a Givi Trekker luggage rack (but no panniers): 574.6 lbs total (= 287.6 lbs front + 287 lbs rear). For comparison, my '08 R1200GS weigh 539 lbs total (= 269 lbs front + 270 lbs rear) on the same scale. Wow - both bikes have practically 50/50 front/rear weight distribution!

So, gained 40lb in 11 years. I think several folks can relate to that...

So, gained 40lb in 11 years. I think several folks can relate to that...

It's me. :laughing

AP1GczM4-vO1Mzp7FYiMp9AzKV58mVzIk_RWEVn_tz9qc1dc23b4PvoZrG1ehMEVYvKcIvZsJOSfCUnnLZDO2rlLQSDiKreNtuCkfKk68rmcpfiC4qPC6Fk_kLYDhaOvp5WZ1ydgeTAWCT4wmMp__QELTb9Etw=w783-no-gm

Two new rear tires so I have about 7500 - 8000 miles ahead of me to produce better pictures for this thread.

Been talking to a new rider who wants to try out dirt about getting his Himalayan up to the Santa Cruz mountains for some fun on Madonna Rd and the like. Didn't figure the rains would be good for a first attempt though, I'll get him up there at some point when it's dry and we can spend a day getting dusty.

Back