• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Uvas Rd, the old bridge next to the new. I wish they would keep the old bridge (just because I like old buildings/structures for nostalgia's sake), but I'm guessing they'll tear it down shortly, and people will soon forget how it used to be.

HL8Ni2K.jpg

tuUelTm.jpg

I1KJuJf.jpg

Larsen-Loma Chiquita Rd. The 690sm is fun on this kind of road, except it runs hot crawling at low speed in first gear.

PkvYiir.jpg

That looks like a milk cow.

R6U7wvb.jpg

nsWgWOV.jpg

Qw6RHe3.jpg

Last edited:
Event: Surprised her with a ride home. Her first street ride. Just about a mile.

picture.php

Event: Surprised her with a ride home. Her first street ride. Just about a mile.

So now you're the "cool dad" to all the kids. :laughing

Never p/u my daughter from school on the bike but did in the 280z and then the Miata.

The kids eventually named me "Demon Geoff" on a school trip as I scoffed at the "rules" the moms on that trip tried to set up for them. I would take them down the hill on the trip to Catalina so I could have a beer and they could play pool. :laughing

Quimby Rd. Belted Galloway cows wearing their wool sweaters. They weren't skittish.

x5vyPrP.jpg

San Antonio Valley Rd, next to Isabel Creek bridge. How well can you estimate distance and time? I was surprised to see it's only 5.2 miles from here to the summit (bottom of Lick Observatory driveway); took about 9 minutes but felt longer, with all the twists and turns.

TcEiCJz.jpg

Kincaid Rd

6pQYhhn.jpg

Last edited:
You da man Gary. Historically such a great thread.

Can’t wait to retire and participate accordingly.

Enchanter pic is awesome. Such an awesome Dad. :thumbup

Last edited:
The Puig touring screen replaced the useless OEM screen; now I sit in a quiet bubble. :cool Despite many people claiming the GS being the best bike in the world, it's truck-ish in size and feel - reminds me of a Ford Expedition. It's torquey, but it's not OMG kind of power delivery (like a S1000XR).

It's so interesting how the rain is localized to the terrain. It was barely wet on city streets, and the rain became instantly HARD as soon as I turned into the hills.

Willow Springs Rd

1Za4mXT.jpg

Alamitos Rd

osJsuD4.jpg

RAsW71W.jpg

Hicks Rd

8sdMgx5.jpg

H0HlVrc.jpg

Last edited:
A short ride on a dry day. Little Uvas Rd.

rqXRAEF.jpg

8UjjU0H.jpg

A pretty private driveway

YR8Oiit.jpg

Went warmer, south to Montana Del Oro, lesser of the biting wind, over Cayucos. Big wind pushing bigger rollers, after a rain

Attachments

• IMG_5780.jpg
    IMG_5780.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5781.jpg
    IMG_5781.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 0
Puddled water, drained away, from this low spot, left it soft.
I rolled off the road and started sinking (4"), reflex added throttle, lost a bit of traction. Sorry Mr. State Ranger, , ,

Lookie what happened when I got home, , ,

Using :ride up, a little here, a bit more over there, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_5783.jpg
    IMG_5783.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5787.jpg
    IMG_5787.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 5
Puddled water, drained away, from this low spot, left it soft.
I rolled off the road and started sinking (4"), reflex added throttle, lost a bit of traction. Sorry Mr. State Ranger, , ,

Lookie what happened when I got home, , ,

Using :ride up, a little here, a bit more over there, , ,

70,000 miles is an impressive number for a scrambler.

Happy to have the DR650 with full knobbies for today's ride.

Redwood Retreat Rd

nL3F2vX.jpg

Pretty little waterfall, but I was pretty worried about one of those precarious looking giant redwood trees crashing down so I didn't linger.

lwNr3RL.jpg

Last edited:
Back