• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

I stop often and take many pictures because the stops are as enjoyable as riding itself. Being in the rain in the hills brings back fond childhood memories. It's so pretty and tranquil, and with a bike next to me, knowing there’s more riding ahead, I want soak it all in and savor the moment.

sVhw2Mr.jpg

4PECDMg.jpg

Last edited:
That Summit Rd. series reminded me of my mud rides up Gates/Mix canyons of Blue Ridge, above Vacaville, on a good & sloppy, dull & grey, rainy day.
Sitting here in Morro with the rain tapping @ the alloy roof, and me without a bike with knobbies.

I'm trying to acquire equal numbers, road milage, and my age, on that bike, @ 72 now. @ 10 tanks of gas per K, 30 tanks ought to do it, by Oct.

Last edited:
That Summit Rd. series reminded me of my mud rides up Gates/Mix canyons of Blue Ridge, above Vacaville, on a good & sloppy, dull & grey, rainy day.

This pic is very interesting to me. What planet was that taken on? :p

Spent a couple of hours in the wet fog / drizzly hills, with pretty low visibility at times, then headed down hill and got on Hwy 17-85 back to sunny San Jose felt a little jarring, like stepping out of a dark movie theater to bright afternoon sunshine - from one reality to another.

When I saw those muddy puddles I thought, "the land of a thousand lakes". I texted that shot to my wife and she replied, "It's like on Mars." It was cool watching muddy water slowly flowed into one puddle, which overflowed and drained into another, and so on.

One more from that day on Summit Rd. It wasn't too slippery, so I feel emboldened... :laughing

FKwTBlh.jpg

Last edited:
Morro Rock's parking lot can look like this too, with rain and waves washing over it. I do like the sandy soil, it does pack well to hold a little edge over mud.
The state drags it every couple of months, to fill the puddles, working with sand it works well with smoothing.
Add that forlorn fog whisping over and thru, oh, and the surf is still up @ 12' :cool

This weekend has another surf contest, one of these usually gets the state to smooth it after the shipping containers & chain link go away

Last edited:
San Antonio Valley Rd

rEc8NrC.jpg

oI3nAWf.jpg

bLKsxKU.jpg

Mt Hamilton. I pulled over to take a pic of the sand. Two Groms came down the hill and the lead low-sided in this turn and slid maybe 10 ft toward me. Said that he, "didn't see the sand", but how does one not see that?

qbcmgC8.jpg

GUVrzrm.jpg

Back down to the launch ramp, there were two projects parked here, the Dinner Cruise boat, (seen a page or two back)
AND new floating docks, appeared from the pile of wood and pallets of ABS floats, New and to be completed shown.
Also fun, the surface of the ramp is scarred up, patched, wrecked again, and reworked from all the floating wrecks pulled from the bay and smashed & hauled away.

I see wet spots, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_5804.jpg
    IMG_5804.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
I didn't like this GS much when I went up to Mt Hamilton yesterday - it just didn't feel or sound sporty on a very twisty road. The GS worked much better for today's ride to Coalinga - cruise control for long straights, big screen for weather protection, long travel suspension for rough pavement - more adventure bike stuff.

Coalinga Rd

0nvWuyS.jpg

vPu7Yyo.jpg

K7IJod3.jpg

Took the ratbike out yesterday for my Sunday pig-out day and just ripped around to check out low riders and eat garbage. Been wanting to cut off some cactus to propagate on my property, but never actually pulled over to hack some off. It’s everywhere here, so I pulled over and finally got some and bought about 5 home.

IMG-9303.jpg

Last edited:
Combo ride, A real pie run, to Linn's for a slice O' raspberry/rhubarb
on the back road to Cambria, (not a Bing & Bob adventure) but a small wheel bigger adventure thing.

and,

Attachments

• IMG_5815.jpg
    IMG_5815.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 1
For the greening O' Th Hills, St. Paddy's, along the goat rd. to the coast.
Old Creek Rd. clean & fast, commuters, Paso to Cayucos
Santa Rosa Creek Rd. still goaty, with the "water crossing" flowing at least 1/2" deep, with moss forming. Creeks are up and seeps in the road surface, some creek erosion nibbling on the road way, the big washout filled with gravel.

Hills look to be drying out, flowers have yet to start this far inland, Morro's been blooming since Dec.

Attachments

• IMG_5816.jpg
    IMG_5816.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5818.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5819.jpg
    IMG_5819.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1
Tassajara Rd waterfall.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-15-182927.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-15-182927.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 41
Uvas Rd. I came out of a corner, saw 2 of these things rose up from the road. Didn't slow down 'cause I thought they'd always get out of the way, but in a blink it filled my entire vision and my right shoulder hit this one at 60 mph. I've hit a quarter-pound bird mid-flight before (left shoulder) but not one this size; rattled my teeth but no harm otherwise. I circled back and pulled it off the road. Good thing it didn't smash into my face shield or headlights. Wonder what would happen if it hit one side of the bars. Found pieces of meat on my left glove, pant leg, and on the tank.

94cUAYK.jpg

evG8W0G.jpg

Last edited:
I have been getting a weird vibe this winter about birds.

We have a big flock of blackbirds that have been hanging around since Dec, they fill a few trees, and make a racket. Kind of foreboding, like the start of the movie "Birds". Just looking for something to set them off.

We have owls here, I miss hearing them at night. A comfort to me.

Vultures seem to be more aggressive or hungry, flying lower, hanging out in trees, reluctant to fly from traffic.

Watching gulls bully the sandpipers working the dying waves on the beach, why?
Something is up, defending their dead meal?

Uvas Rd. I came out of a corner, saw 2 of these things rose up from the road. Didn't slow down 'cause I thought they'd always get out of the way, but in a blink it filled my vision and my right shoulder hit this one at 60 mph. I've hit a quarter-pound bird mid-flight before (left shoulder) but not one this size; rattled my teeth but no harm otherwise. I circled back and pull it off the road. Good thing it didn't smash into my face shield or headlights. Wonder what would happen if it hit one side of the bars. Found pieces of meat on my left glove, pant leg, and on the tank.

94cUAYK.jpg

evG8W0G.jpg

Damn!
Same thing happened to me years ago on Carmel Valley Rd. Came around a corner about 50 mph and it was just taking flight, got me in my right chest,shoulder and almost flipped me off the bike backwards.
Had a big bruise on my chest.

Those suckers are pretty big. Glad there was no harm from the fowl. :teeth

Back