• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Today's ride was considered a pavement ride, except for this rest stop where we went in a ways from the highway. The Owyhee Mountains still have snow in them.
U5PncAn.jpg

This is Map Rock on the side of Map Rock Road along the Snake River. Images carved on the rock were done by people that lived here before the white man showed up.
jNvDu7e.jpg

I've strapped a new tire across my back to ride to a shop, but I haven't tried strapping a wheel to a bike yet - not good at moto packing.

Across Bascom Ave from SJ BMW

1GxezHv.jpg

i5hadBr.jpg

AUyOK9X.jpg

tlWPBsb.jpg

John, I didn't know that you owned anything bigger than a 650 single!

How many miles do you have on that bike now John?

I still miss mine. :(

yes, my recent DV trip was probably what the K75s was designed for. :thumbup
think the odo is showing 60k miles.

John, I didn't know that you owned anything bigger than a 650 single!

I’ll have to post more pics of my ‘85 1340 cc Harley-Davidson—or at least ride it to a BARF Rally. :laughing:party

heading to death valley noobs?

yeah, there and back again with over 200 of my closest motorcycle friends, to the venerable n00bs Rally, after 10 hours on the BMW on Thursday on the way home … I left Panamint Springs early to avoid the rain. :facepalm

ok, one moar—the ghost town of Rhyolite, Nye County, Nevada:

picture.php

Last edited:
yes, my recent DV trip was probably what the K75s was designed for. :thumbup
think the odo is showing 60k miles.

So barely broken in.

Loooooooooved that engine albeit it with some engine work on the heads and ECU by San Jose BMW/CC Products back in the day.

Enjoy.:thumbup

Thanks for the history lesson John.

Never heard of Rhyolite. :cool

As always all you guy are bringing some nice photo's and moto love. :thumbup

This thread is getting me excited for some time on the road starting Easter Sunday. Great pics all around.

Looks like Rhyolite has a tourist section of town now, whimsey wasn't there my last time, , ,

:thumbup

yes, I guess they added the Goldwell Open Air Museum in the year 2000 …

here’s my attempt at a Mr CDONA flower pic—we were treated to a carpet of Desert Gold (Geraea canescens) in Panamint Valley, Inyo County, on Hwy 178/Trona-Wildrose Road on 03/22/24:

picture.php

(and check out what good condition the road is in in this pic … I got to ride literally hundreds of miles of smooth CA highways and byways between Hwys 178, 155, 190, 33 and even I-5 over four days ... :party)

Last edited:
My favorite weather to ride - sporadic rain so not getting drenched.

Mt Hamilton

7YAuyPJ.jpg

San Antonio Valley Rd

xIv49XN.jpg

Mines

v1nMFKc.jpg

Spectacular! I looked at it on my phone and was like "What's wrong with this photo? Why isn't it as clear as all his other photos??" :laughing

Back