• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

I had a good 'n sparky nite last nite, monsoon crawled over the mountain, and lit it up for a few hours.
In your travels SFMCjohn, they have been free of electrical disturbances, caught on film.
Ever been caught & hammered on the mountain top?

Eldrick!! Good to see you here, and out and about on your bike! :)🎉

+1 … are the Mr @SRAD600 children all grown up, maybe? :thumbup

I had a good 'n sparky nite last nite, monsoon crawled over the mountain, and lit it up for a few hours.
In your travels SFMCjohn, they have been free of electrical disturbances, caught on film.
Ever been caught & hammered on the mountain top?

not yet—but did get to sit in the CalFire watchtower on Bully Choop one year for four hours with the 24 y/o CalFire firefighter and watch Weaverville and the surrounding are getting hammered by thunder and lightning, which was fun. a pic from camping up on Bully Choop one time:

IMG_6869.jpeg

what I like to do (camping on top of mountains) is probably pretty foolish.

I guess we were always safe in a watchtower with a lightening rod—but I don’t know what I’d do in a storm with just my tent on some random mountain top with ferocious lightening … run for lower elevation, pdq? :dunno

Last edited:
I am willing to bet your bike is more in danger than you, but still... 😱

was thinking rubber tires, but then I remembered the kick-stand, ouch. :laughing

maybe put the kick-stand on a piece of wood? :dunno

I have a Bald Mountain cool-lightening-in-the-distance story, but think that was a different mountain than the Mr @SRAD600 drone pic …

I was thinking it laying on its side will help it be the target vs you. :p

Denali Park, AK
AP1GczM4CkSk36Qk1rJZWYqjtZtOj3I0Tp5-beTDouZSbxRaMKtYXfpTZAcikBrDAvFgPmgSvhsxRIg6eVRE3fYrVX9NMvRJ83rEi-ZPHGgjGTCSMFew6hhRmlHUtdvFhhU6iVZmQLFLDghGbHaI8K48susLrA=w1071-no-gm

Finally got out for my first official trail ride, which thanks to SFMCJohn's recommendation that we camp at Buck Island included my first (and second and third and....) gnarly rutted rocky hill climb (and descent)

Then Indian Valley Reservoir, Clearlake, Cow Mountain, Ukiah and back to SF via Fish Rock Road and the coast.
PXL_20240824_011837790~2.jpgPXL_20240824_012636767.jpgPXL_20240824_014118073.jpgPXL_20240824_181305245~2.jpgPXL_20240824_182734004~2.jpgPXL_20240824_194653776.jpgPXL_20240824_221305245.jpg

That double sleeping bike photo, awesome. Also, those bags have me intrigued, Wolfman luggage?

That double sleeping bike photo, awesome. Also, those bags have me intrigued, Wolfman luggage?
Haha yep, he went down first, I of course stupidly tried to stop to help (the photo never doing it justice, this was on what basically felt like a sheer cliff) and while we're lying there laughing in the dirt he's like "you should get a pic!!"

Yeah they're the Expedition (I think?) saddlebags? I got them cheap on FB of course. They are designed for mounting to racks on a big bike so as always I'm square-peg-round-holing it getting these strapped to the Husky, but I already owned them and couldn't justify spending a few hundred more bucks on Mosko or similar. The mounting setup is slightly complicated but once they're on they're good.

Back