• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

neBgfsah.jpg

Rad! Those pipes are pretty awesome

Yeti Tundra

Finally bought a new hard-sided cooler. I swapped the rubber feet for hard plastic, added a bottle opener, and installed a tie-down kit in the bed of my truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 89
You fancy.

And I like cold beer, lol

Been doing a fair bit of hunting and fishing, along with some multi-day canoe trips. I am a fan of the wilds...

My 3 day canoe trip (9 guys, 5 canoes) last week ended early. We got hit with flood stage river water after it rained all night while we were camping on a sand/rock bar.

We floated 8 miles in five hours the first day - it was perfect. Caught some fish, drank some beer... Stopped at 5pm to set camp and eat (and more beer with some High West Double Rye). The weather was suppose to be "a shower". It sprinkled at 8pm and then the sky's opened at 9pm. I was awake with a desperate need to piss until 5am. Could not take it and got dressed and out of my one-man tent.

It was still dark, but the river outline looked different. I attended business and went to take a look at the water. I saw a capsized canoe floating on the other side of the river. I looked at ours and one started floating past me and the rest were floating. We had pulled them up the sand bar so they were 10' from the water. We drained the canoes and pulled them up to clear 6' from the water.

When we broke camp - balled up tenets and gear and hopped in boats. Took 20 mins and the water was floating the canoes again.

We did 4 miles in 45 mins (compared to 8 miles in 5 hours the previous day) to a pick-up spot with access to a road with some elevation to get cell service. The water was ripping fast. Trees and lots of debris - saw two more canoes and coolers that got away from people. It was a hairy shit-show, but no one in our party was hurt.

Rangers showed an hour after we cleared the boat landing. He checked on us and dropped 5 folks who were rescued. They woke with river water in their tents - lost all their gear and rental canoes. One of the women looked like she was going to need some therapy, I felt bad for her. I had not considered hiking out until I saw them. Would have been the safe thing to do. But we all knew - if you go into the flood water, you try to keep near the canoes and stay wet until we hit the landing. No way to rescue with a canoe in those conditions.

Pic of the river... it's a low water bridge and had 14" of clearance when it stated raining. I took this pic the next day - after the outfitter brought our trucks to us - about 8' of water going over it and the river was waning...

Attachments

• IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 81
Finally bought a new hard-sided cooler. I swapped the rubber feet for hard plastic, added a bottle opener, and installed a tie-down kit in the bed of my truck.

Just bought a pair of pelicans myself. Wont fit in mu truck bed because the tonneau cover is a bit recessed :nchantr

Just bought a pair of pelicans myself. Wont fit in mu truck bed because the tonneau cover is a bit recessed :nchantr
Got to like that lifetime warranty on the Pelicans (Yeti gives a five year warranty after its registered).

I got very lucky my tonneau clears by an inch or so. I didn't realize it was that close until after I bought it. If I had gone with the Yeti 65, it would not be considered oversized by the airlines.

Last edited:
Nicky Tribute...

I've always wanted a Nicky Hayden helmet, and given his passing thought the time was now.

Many thanks to Diego (aka Disco) for making it happen!

-rich

Recent plane purchases from a swap meet.

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 76
I'm a pretty hardcore cyclist and always looking for a competitive edge. I just picked up this revolutionary hydration system. Can't wait to try it out.

flask.jpg

NS-20_1_4.png

245/40r18

Because I found the only damn pot hole on the highway and hit it exactly right so that it blew out the sidewall on a tire with about 75% tread left. This is actually an EXCELLENT tire for being so cheap. I've put about 20,000 miles on it and it took about 12,500 miles to just rub off the lettering.

Picked up this sweet fishing kayak last weekend. The whole family loved it. We didn't know how Gomer would take to it, but he wanted on as soon as it was in the water. He just wanted to chill. Didn't try to jump off or anything, except when ducks got within 20 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_5070.jpg
    IMG_5070.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 70
Back