• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Been a busy past few weeks with vehicles going and coming. Just got this for my mother.

BzdkdWs.jpg

Last edited:
out of curiosity, what did she drive before?

any siblings? you're the favorite now if you were wondering :laughing

My dad had her in some ridiculous Toyota RAV4 EV. Fine when he was around to deal with keeping it charged (barely 100 mile max range). But when he died, I knew that one of the first things I was going to was to get her out of that stupid thing and get her into a regular put gas in it go anywhere kind of vehicle. My mom and technology...no. Hell I finally got her to use a damn smartphone only a few months ago. Plus I don't want to deal with if something were to go wrong with it. It's a Tesla under the skin so the Toyota dealer doesn't know how to work on it, and you can't take it to Tesla since it's supposed to be a Toyota. It's just the white elephant of the EV world. Fucking thing held its value about as well as a 15 year old AMG Benzo.

And only child.

Those are nice cars. Too bad they're getting rid of that sweet 6 for a shite turbo.

Yup it's the last of this generation. Hopefully that means the most amount of bugs got worked out. This generation of RDX seems to have been pretty solid so far anyways.

Last edited:
My dad had her in some ridiculous Toyota RAV4 EV. Fine when he was around to deal with keeping it charged (barely 100 mile max range). But when he died, I knew that one of the first things I was going to was to get her out of that stupid thing and get her into a regular put gas in it go anywhere kind of vehicle. My mom and technology...no. Hell I finally got her to use a damn smartphone only a few months ago. Plus I don't want to deal with if something were to go wrong with it. It's a Tesla under the skin so the Toyota dealer doesn't know how to work on it, and you can't take it to Tesla since it's supposed to be a Toyota. It's just the white elephant of the EV world. Fucking thing held its value about as well as a 15 year old AMG Benzo.

And only child.

Yup it's the last of this generation. Hopefully that means the most amount of bugs got worked out. This generation of RDX seems to have been pretty solid so far anyways.

Good on ya :thumbup

Precision Aero Ultimate AMR

Attachments

• IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 79
How fast do they go?

This biplane probably isn't that fast (40 mph). Call it Camaro speed. I have a little Flitetest SuperBee foamie that hauls ass. With 4s, bet it would go 80. It's enough of a basket case running a heavy 3s battery.

Still pretty cool, how big are they and if you dont mind me asking whats something like that set you back?

This one is a 40" wing. New they run about $300 sans electrics and $400+ with factory power options. I picked this one up from a guy on CL for $100 (complete sans receiver). For that price I did have to provide my own receiver.

I recently completed building a 52" balsa 3D plane. I got the chassis for $60 (which was a good deal) and spent about $100 on servos, esc and motor. Not to mention a bunch of hours to fabricate an engine mount.

Prices for these lead into the ridiculous. I have only bought pre-manufactured planes used and saved a ton. I picked up a excellent condition EPO 52" edge 540 with two good 4s batteries for $80.

You have to wait for the deals though. Half these RC guys think they can get the same money out of these planes as they put in (just like any dudes with DRZs :laughing).

Last edited:
Mattresses -- what a modern Hell mattress shopping has become.

We have a nice pillow top of some kind (I forget the brand, but it's a "decent" mattress) that kills my wife's back.

Then we have one of those modern fancy foam gel weighs-not-quite-as-much-as-a-waterbed-but-LOL-you-ain't-moving-it things.

It's comfy, for sure. It's also hot. Extra hot. "baste in your own juices" hot. And this is a "cool" one (so we were told). But it's great on my wife's back.

Mattresses are just so impossible to test. Sure, I can get one off the internet with a no-questions-ask return. But how do I get rid of my current one. And if I hate it, how do I get another one? And the whole coordination of it all.

You don't have room for more than one, and they're impossible to get rid of when you have more than one. (That's why most bed places have free haul away -- but most bed places [sans the internet] won't take their mattress back if you hate it.)

And, of course, this is all about sleep, so it's even more important.

Just a royal pain to deal with.

That said, I hope you enjoy your new one!

Winter is coming! And again, no luck trying to correct picture aspect?

Attachments

• IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 63
Mattresses -- what a modern Hell mattress shopping has become. We have a nice pillow top of some kind That said, I hope you enjoy your new one!

I bought a 4" thick high density foam topper thing. (Sry, no pics as nobody wants to see or gives a shit for a slab of foam rubber). This was to cover my slab of concrete mattress as I had trouble with it since mondo spine surgery.
It's like sleeping on a bed of mushy glue as ya can't roll around etc. Worst $200 I spent in the last 5 years. Ok ima done bitching.

I just bought (well, my gf just bought for us) a 2" memory foam mattress topper for $40 through groupon. We've been using a 4" topper and I gotta say the thinner one is much more comfortable for me.

Damn, everyone's picked up some good shiznits.

Here's my latest with a few mods...fender eliminator, windscreen, and an Akra GP Slip-on.

Big thanks to Diego (aka Disco) for the Akra!

Thanks again to Diego! Updated with the Akrapovic Link pipe (and Rossi fanboi stickers on the Puig Double Bubble)...it's louder, but not terribly so. Tuning date this Thursday with BRG too! Still debating Woolich auto-blipper...

Also picked up a hotbodiesracing double bubble for the R6 (this one with Jorge stickers since I ran out of Rossi's)...but it seems to have oxidized or something, i.e. it's gone cloudy despite not having been out since mounting. :/

I'm eager to track the R1M alongside the R6...soon... ;)

Last edited:
Mattresses -- what a modern Hell mattress shopping has become.

We have a nice pillow top of some kind (I forget the brand, but it's a "decent" mattress) that kills my wife's back.

Then we have one of those modern fancy foam gel weighs-not-quite-as-much-as-a-waterbed-but-LOL-you-ain't-moving-it things.

It's comfy, for sure. It's also hot. Extra hot. "baste in your own juices" hot. And this is a "cool" one (so we were told). But it's great on my wife's back.

Mattresses are just so impossible to test. Sure, I can get one off the internet with a no-questions-ask return. But how do I get rid of my current one. And if I hate it, how do I get another one? And the whole coordination of it all.

You don't have room for more than one, and they're impossible to get rid of when you have more than one. (That's why most bed places have free haul away -- but most bed places [sans the internet] won't take their mattress back if you hate it.)

And, of course, this is all about sleep, so it's even more important.

Just a royal pain to deal with.

That said, I hope you enjoy your new one!

Ya, there was/is a website that compares matresses that really helped me out on my last matress purchase. The jist is there's basically only a handful of matresses that multiple companies throw different labels on even tho they're the same.

Back