• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I seriously could just have gotten like a convertible Mustang or whatever for what that god damn thing cost. Haven't even taken delivery yet, and I've already bought $600 worth of upgrades. In addition to the $800 worth of upgrades I'm having installed on it already.

$1400 of upgrades? LOL You've only just begun... :rofl:rofl:party

I seriously could just have gotten like a convertible Mustang or whatever for what that god damn thing cost. Haven't even taken delivery yet, and I've already bought $600 worth of upgrades. In addition to the $800 worth of upgrades I'm having installed on it already.

Don't forget custom parts and equipment coverage on your policy.
Congrats on that ride looks like a deluxe ride.

1289943_01_bullpup_unlimited_conversion_s_640.jpg

Bullpup kit for my Remington 870 Tactical

Yep, there was an Alpha 99 for sale on the NCDXC list the other day, but way more than I can afford at the moment, what with being unemployed and all... :party
Bide your time man; the big amps come up for sale all the time these days as many of the old timers are sadly passing away due to age. Estate sales are all over the place! I saw an Alpha 99 go for $2K a few months back. That's the kind of deal you want to wait for; they come up all the time.

I got my Ten Tec Titan dirt cheap; the old timer who owned it couldn't do his hobby anymore due to health of both him & his wife (in their 80's.) He was sadly selling off all his stuff dirt cheap because he didn't want to deal w/it. I got lucky...

Check this bad boy out on the 1st page; $10K amp. Fully automatic. Auto protection for anything. Warranty even if your wife says no 30 days later! :laughing (I found that hard to believe, but it's true. Warrantied against wife denial! Wow!)

I always wanted one of these, but even back when they were $5K it was outta my reach. So when I had da bux I got the $3K Alpha 89; never should have sold it but at the time I was doing "musical-amps" fun:
http://www.alpharfsystems.com/

EDIT: this link only shows the Alpha 9500; they were just bought out by someone & all of Alpha is moving to another state. Thus, the took down 99% of their website. I don't know where they now reside...

Last edited:
Or you could of gotten a KSG

I thought about it. Then decided against it. For a home defense shotgun, I wanted something simpler. The Remington 870 is as simple as it gets, parts are plentiful, cheap and if this kit fails, there is still a proven 870 underneath it. KSG is neat but under high stress situations, I don't want to have the selector in the wrong mag tube or in the middle.

870 is also standard equipment at work.

How hard is the conversion?

Still waiting to do it. I hear it's like 10 minutes tops. I want to put at a box of ammo through my 870 first to make sure it functions properly. Then I need to install my mag tube extension and test shoot that another box. THEN I'll finally get to put it together. Chances are....it'll never get put together because I get busy and there are lots of other things I want to do. Just like my 300 black out build I've had sitting around in parts waiting to go together for the past 2-3 years.

I know the feeling. :laughing

Hey, any recommendation on a high viz front only sight that'll clamp on to the rail? Low simple, just like the factory bead but brighter. I want to keep it simple but can't find anything like that. I HATE peep sights. Also don't want a red dot, maybe eotech but still too much that can go wrong.

Last edited:
Still waiting to do it. I hear it's like 10 minutes tops. I want to put at a box of ammo through my 870 first to make sure it functions properly. Then I need to install my mag tube extension and test shoot that another box. THEN I'll finally get to put it together. Chances are....it'll never get put together because I get busy and there are lots of other things I want to do. Just like my 300 black out build I've had sitting around in parts waiting to go together for the past 2-3 years.

It took me about 20+ minutes on my Mossy 500 because I had to change out the magazine tube and barrel.
Seriously easy.

Hey, any recommendation on a high viz front only sight that'll clamp on to the rail? Low simple, just like the factory bead but brighter. I want to keep it simple but can't find anything like that. I HATE peep sights. Also don't want a red dot, maybe eotech but still too much that can go wrong.

For AR?

I think he want to know for the 870 conversion. Could you use a regular AR BUS system?

Correct, 870 bullpup.

The AR BUS system can work but I want to minimize how much things are attached to it and don't want to a system built for precise aiming. Prefer a simple pointing and much lower, closer to the barrel.

Damn, everyone's picked up some good shiznits.

Here's my latest with a few mods...fender eliminator, windscreen, and an Akra GP Slip-on.

Big thanks to Diego (aka Disco) for the Akra!

Back