• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

chinese jackhammer!!

I used that bauer HB one a month or so ago to take out about 10 feet of sidewalk infront of my house. Works great! First time ever using one but I learned real quick to not screw around and make a hole in the middle, damn thing got stuck. Chip away chip away. I remember having to swing a sledgehammer forever to break apart one square. This sucker got the job done in a few minutes.

Yeah but I don't like the app. It's glitchy and you have to pay for nearly next to no options. I also just want to track how much I charge at home, not everywhere I charge.

Hmm, interesting. I had a 2015 500e and the Fiat Access app was free...

Now I have a 2018 (picked it up since I posted about this last) and the old app doesn't seem to work any more. On the phone with them now to make it work, if they try to charge me I won't bother. I'll post back if/when it works.

My first set of moto Michelins, good deal from Rocky Mountain, $263 otd to my door in 3 days, std free shipping from Utah (both tires made in Spain)

Attachments

• DE63E507-052B-4EEB-9679-B51C50042F98.jpg
    DE63E507-052B-4EEB-9679-B51C50042F98.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 4F37C67E-D3EA-47FA-BCF4-777106BD1B58.jpeg
    4F37C67E-D3EA-47FA-BCF4-777106BD1B58.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
So, got the Uconnect app working and it is indeed free, at least for leased vehicles. App seems to work much better than the old app as well.

So, got the Uconnect app working and it is indeed free, at least for leased vehicles. App seems to work much better than the old app as well.

The app worked for a while but then they wanted me to pay. I have two uconnect vehicles, my 17 fiat 500e lease and my certified pre owned 16 Ram 2500. I think the Fiat gave up after 1 year and the Ram 1 month. I found zero benefit in paying to continue the service in either one. The fiat allowed me to lock, unlock, gps and turn on the previous climate settings (only if plugged in) but was glitchy due to spotty reception. The Ram allowed me to lock and unlock and that was it. It's been about 1 year since I was last able to use it so maybe they did some changes. ?? I don't remember, maybe the fiat still works but I don't think so.

I have 1 year 2 months left on my lease and barely have 3500 miles. I'm hoping to at least double that by the end of the lease. Seems like my battery energy consumption went up quite a bit recently, I wonder if it is the battery heater.

Last edited:
The app worked for a while but then they wanted me to pay. I have two uconnect vehicles, my 17 fiat 500e lease and my certified pre owned 16 Ram 2500. I think the Fiat gave up after 1 year and the Ram 1 month. I found zero benefit in paying for the service in either one. The fiat allowed me to lock, unlock, gps and turn on the previous climate settings (only if plugged in) but was glitchy due to spotty reception. The Ram allowed me to lock and unlock and that was it. It's been about 1 year since I was last able to use it so maybe they did some changes. ??

I have 1 year 2 months left on my lease and barely have 3500 miles. Seems like my battery energy consumption went up quite a bit recently, I wonder if it is the battery heater. I'm hoping to at least double that by the end of the lease.

Yeah, there's nothing in the app that I'd pay for. :laughing

I never noticed a change on my 2015 other than a slight reduction (~5 miles) in range in winter, but I would start charging the car in the morning rather than at night during the cold months as charging warms the battery, so the battery heater didn't come on.

I only put ~20k on my first one, but I lost a lot of opportunities to drive it as I was remodeling my house during the last year before I turned it in, and you can't fit a lot of construction materials in the Fiat. :rofl

This one should get really close to the 30k allotment, so far 350 miles in the first 10 days.

Do you have a solar system at home?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no solar.

20k miles, that's pretty good. Part of my problem was I'd store the fiat at a location other than where I lived so it was a burden to take out the fiat. Now it sits in the driveway so I've been driving every day since early September and my Ram just sits until my weekend. It's a big change from $120 per week in diesel fuel.

The bluetooth in this thing sucks though. Oh and never hit neutral while rolling in reserve. The damn thing will shut it self down and set off all the anomaly lights. It's a habit of mine to go from reverse to neutral while coasting until I stop then shift into 1st/Drive.

Last edited:
What the hell did I just do....

Attachments

• 74217C0E-7D11-46EC-A4D2-D3FACC31D3C0.jpg
    74217C0E-7D11-46EC-A4D2-D3FACC31D3C0.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 149
Congrats. Pool Party.:party
genMid.21825587_17_0.jpg

Is that a skate-able pool? Not that I can, but breaking myself trying might be fun. Got a homeowners policy yet??

2007 Corvette with 22K miles on it. Bought it from my step-father-in-law (retired mechanic). The car is pristine, and it's a blast to drive. :afm199

Attachments

• Vette.jpg
    Vette.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 104
2007 Corvette with 22K miles on it. Bought it from my step-father-in-law (retired mechanic). The car is pristine, and it's a blast to drive. :afm199

Congratulations. Very fun car.

You and your passengers should practice getting out of the car without using the button on the doors (with roof on and windows up). Seriously.

^^
That's cool and I'm kinda jealous but on the other hand I can't believe people are spending ~$1000 on a phone.

Last edited:
Back