• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

lPnPSGM.jpg

contemplated posting this in the audio thread but hey

still haven't messed with it too much but audio quality seems good. Had an issue with my sub coming out of "standby" but it fixed itself..... Also got home today and the transmitter and reciever weren't paired anymore but paired right away when I changed channels. Hopefully it's not a constant issue. Transmitter is in a cabinet right now so donno if it'll keep losing pairing up if it's got line of sight which is how i plan to have it. Updates in the audio thread if needed.

Outlaw Audio is the Shit (good stuff).
Sometimes bright, direct sunlight will cause a wireless signal to un-pair or not be recognized. Make sure the transmitter and receiver are not located in a place where they get direct sunlight thru a window or something during the day. learned the hard way.

Do the units communicate via infrared? It's weird that sunlight can affect RF communication!

Outlaw Audio is the Shit (good stuff).
Sometimes bright, direct sunlight will cause a wireless signal to un-pair or not be recognized. Make sure the transmitter and receiver are not located in a place where they get direct sunlight thru a window or something during the day. learned the hard way.
They're not in direct sunlight
Do the units communicate via infrared? It's weird that sunlight can affect RF communication!
No clue

They're not in direct sunlight

No clue

No.

OUTLAW AUDIO said:
Specifications

RF band: 2.4GHz

Operating Frequency Range: 10 Hz - 20kHz

SNR: 93dB

Wireless Range Up To: 70ft (130ft w/Line of Sight)

Included in System: OAW4-Tx (transmitter), OAW4-Rx (receiver), 2x USB AC Power Adapters, 2x 1/8" Stereo - Stereo RCA Cables, 2x Stereo RCA Cables, 2x USB to Micro - USB Cables, 2x Antennas, 1 Folded OAW4 Owner's Manual

Dimensions (H/W/D): 3.875" (w/ Antenna) x 3.75" x 4"
Weight (ea): 3.5oz.

Warranty: 2 years (parts/labor)

2.4GHz is a super crowded part of the spectrum, almost all consumer electronics operate on this band, wouldn't be surprised if there's something else interfering with it.

sorry, I don't believe. RF is only very slightly affected by sunlight at very high (above UHF & beyond) frequencies. Wavelengths are too far apart (light vs. RF wavelengths.)

On the other hand, VHF & below (HF) sunlight on the ionosphere effects RF quite substantially thereby bouncing RF signals (all Ham Radio & CB ops know this.) :x

You know you can track all that data through the vehicle and download the data from the app, right?

Yeah but I don't like the app. It's glitchy and you have to pay for nearly next to no options. I also just want to track how much I charge at home, not everywhere I charge.

I'm surprised at that large of a difference, what are you paying per kWh and how far do you get on a gallon of diesel?

I put in our rate which is $0.288 and that figure is how much I spend at home on charging. A much more accurate figure would be like $60 vs $360. It costs me about $120/tank per week and usually about one tank would be spent going out of town doing random stuff.

I never really kept track until these last 30 days. I just know that I spent $60 in electricity driving the fiat to work every day 22 miles round trip and about another 20 miles doing random things daily. And then I spent about $100 in diesel to drive to Hollister for dirt biking and Livermore to go fishing.

No.

2.4GHz is a super crowded part of the spectrum, almost all consumer electronics operate on this band, wouldn't be surprised if there's something else interfering with it.

Dont have neighbors like that to where theres a million 2.4ghz signals around. My new router is pretty good and i get 5ghz signal pretty much everywhere so if it continues being a problem I'll turn the 2.4ghz signal off.

First Arai helmet for me. 50% off a Cycle Specialties today. :thumbup

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9287.jpg
    IMG_9287.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 409
New to me

Traded for this baby. She had been crashed. Looked worse than it was so the deal was good.
Couple of hours and she was airworthy. Today I flew her and she is a 100mph dream machine.

Freewing BAE Hawk 70mm 6s
Upgraded landing gear, lights and a very nice fan unit.

Attachments

• E805B4B4-FED7-4939-91EF-FFFC71167AAF.jpg
    E805B4B4-FED7-4939-91EF-FFFC71167AAF.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 72
sure would like details on the "jet" (ducted-fan system.)

Have any links?

It’s just a fan inside of a tube on my edfs. The real “jets” are turbine powered. Couple of grand and you too can have a mini jet turbine.

chinese jackhammer!!

Attachments

• BDD1A5A9-3799-4667-B188-27F5E7D014CE.jpg
    BDD1A5A9-3799-4667-B188-27F5E7D014CE.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 89
Back