• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

^^
That's cool and I'm kinda jealous but on the other hand I can't believe people are spending ~$1000 on a phone.

It was only ~950 with tax thank you very much! :x

But yes phone prices are ridiculous now, im still pissed at google for ditching the Nexus lineup, this is replacing my Nexus 5X which decided it had enough of life. I paid 400 for that in 2015, before that I had a Nexus5(IMO one of the best phones ever) that I paid like 300 for in 2013.

That being said, I am in love with this thing andoid 9 is a step up from 8 and the hardware and screen are phenomenal, its a better device than my S8+ imo

Latest EDF build Viper Jet 70mm

Fibreglass fuse 70mm edf flying on 6s.
All in flying weight of 4lbs 13oz. Thrust in excess of 5lb.
Should be a fast little sport jet. Hope to get easily into 100mph+
Build just completed. Took for ever.

Attachments

• E74A848A-5F05-4AE7-857B-DBEE71EE6E13.jpeg
    E74A848A-5F05-4AE7-857B-DBEE71EE6E13.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 76

Nice! Excellent build. Look forward to reading a flight report/video.

Some more era correct front wheels for my 80s bucket. Now I just need a set of 15x12 unpolished centerlines for the rear :teeth

main.php

Build just completed. Took for evehr.

Out of curiosity how much flight time do you get on a 6s. My old ass Associated RC10 gets like 10 minutes on a 3000mAh NiMH with a modern brushed motor and ESC :laughing

Congratulations. Very fun car.

You and your passengers should practice getting out of the car without using the button on the doors (with roof on and windows up). Seriously.

That's a really good point. I've gone through the drills of how to open up the car when the key fob won't work, but I admittedly hadn't thought about how to get out when the door button doesn't work. I have some immediate brainstorm type ideas (take off the roof, or pop the trunk and climb out), but I figure there's probably a better way of getting out if for some reason I'm inside and there's a complete power failure.

Winter is coming up fast here in New England, but today was another good day to drive her to work. :thumbup

Is that the car that someone died in when they couldn't figure out how to open the door from the inside?

Last edited:
Yes, an idiot died in Tennessee because he did not know how to open the door from the inside. There are a few things that can cause the electric button to be inoperative: no FOB in or near the car, dead battery (FOB or car battery).

RTFM

It’s in the manual. Or just look around. The cable operated lever is next to the seat on the floor of the car.

Attachments

• B9F62B2D-0BC8-4F6D-8130-2BF8488D6E32.jpg
    B9F62B2D-0BC8-4F6D-8130-2BF8488D6E32.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 102

Can a go pro fit in the cockpit? would be rad to fly or watch first person vids.

Yes, an idiot died in Tennessee because he did not know how to open the door from the inside. There are a few things that can cause the electric button to be inoperative: no FOB in or near the car, dead battery (FOB or car battery.

RTFM

It’s in the manual. Or just look around. The cable operatted lever is next to the seat on the floor of the car.

Saw that fukker the second I got to my car. Good lookin' out. :thumbup

1950 Dodge pilot house truck.

Attachments

• 00j0j_hk3sFfoaQUR_600x450.jpg
    00j0j_hk3sFfoaQUR_600x450.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 102
Nice! Excellent build. Look forward to reading a flight report/video.

I sold it this morning...I have a habit of crashing things and figured it was worth a bunch more intact that trying to sell after I scuffed it up. I have my eye on another plane that should be just about as fast, but a bit more forgiving to fly/land (I have a flying area that's not great for planes that need long take-offs and roll outs).

I sold it this morning...I have a habit of crashing things and figured it was worth a bunch more intact that trying to sell after I scuffed it up. I have my eye on another plane that should be just about as fast, but a bit more forgiving to fly/land (I have a flying area that's not great for planes that need long take-offs and roll outs).

Where do you fly?

Oh man, love that truck. Would keep it just that way....awesome patina.

I am just going to make her safe (brakes, tires, seat belts, etc) and leave the rest just the way she is!

Back