• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Awesome, I need to do something just like this! What filter will you use for the small particles?

Awesome, I need to do something just like this! What filter will you use for the small particles?

Since I hope to vent outside, I won't need a filter. The particles and dust come in and if sealed correctly, 99.9% will fall down into the can. The rest will be going out the right side of the blower outside. It's the fine .5 micron stuff you can't see. Some use these filters like below, their essentially big rig diesel filters but cost about $200. Last years and can be hit and blown out clean.

dustcollector_13.jpg

Another option

6c55896ab54f15ee29460e5ca3b5fbf9.jpg

^^ I researched that model and it got bad reviews. An old guy has two youtubes explaining. Think it's the design of the cyclone, it doesn't work well. There's a bunch of models of price ranges. Some are going into the Grizzly parts catalog and ordering just the cyclone from of Grizzly's complete units. it comes out around the same price as the one I got and I don't think it's as tall. Taller is better to help in the dust to fall.

Another option is going with a Thein baffle which can be adapted to any container or even bought alright made. It's less $$ than a cyclone.

cyclones.jpg

Last edited:
Ditched the Marshall and I'm back to Fender. The EL34's just couldn't do the clean tone I was looking for and the Fender packs 6V6's instead and I can already hear the difference. :cool

60641590_10216889589485812_8683836582978912256_n.jpg

I agree. EL34’s have a wooly quality I just don’t like, and I could never dial it out. 6L6’s work much better for me.

Congrats on the new gear

Congrats, nice looking place when is the :party :party

Such a huge feat in the bay area anymore. Congrats :party

Back