• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

New to me ride

Attachments

• 20190410_110750 reduced.jpg
    20190410_110750 reduced.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 72
The new 4s are probably a better car, but I have a thang for flat 6s. Mine's a 2016

Porsche has gone the way of turbo everything. I agree with the desire to get the 6 versus the new T4.

Freewing 90mm F22

Not completely assembled yet.

Attachments

• 6E2489DA-6E82-41F1-A715-F89D23AE3983.jpg
    6E2489DA-6E82-41F1-A715-F89D23AE3983.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
The new 4s are probably a better car, but I have a thang for flat 6s. Mine's a 2016

That makes it even more rare. I've never had the opportunity to drive/own the cayman before so my first experience was with the 2018 base cayman during a test drive. It's not a straight line ripper but it did everything I wanted it to, and I do like the decel burble sounds it makes.

If that's the 5.7, they are probably pretty close in a straight line and the Jetta rapes that thing in the corners.
I do love the burble of a v8 and being able to haze tires on demand.

I'm a muscle car guy at heart. Stocker challengers need meats, lowered a bit, obnoxious factory "looks like it goes fast" ad-ons and a loud exhaust. Actual go fast parts like a blower are nice, but most people who could afford such things probably would have opted for a factory equipped car.

Cool ride though. Lots of potential.

Yeah, I got the R/T, had to talk myself out of the SRT8 like 6 times. I do not see how they could possibly be close in the straights though. The R/T is MUCH heavier, like 800 lbs heavier, but it has nearly twice the torque and like 60% more horses. The listed 0-60 time is like half the VW and I reckon that VW just does not have much left above 90 MPH.

That being said, I reckon it is super fun to drive. I have had a lot of different cars, German, American, Japanese, and the most fun car I ever had to drive before this Challenger was my 1987 VW Jetta GLI Wolfsberg Edition. Far from the biggest engine I ever had, but the gears, the suspension, shifting and rolling that thing through corners just felt so damn good to drive. It was a blast to roll, super comfortable, I loved that car. I lamented letting it go years after I had moved on.

The new VW seems to be in the same vein, I hope it is!

New tent. Directly from Australia.

2DC_1463_dcb68041-bab7-4f03-ad13-b4adc9d58692_2048x.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I got the R/T, had to talk myself out of the SRT8 like 6 times. I do not see how they could possibly be close in the straights though. The R/T is MUCH heavier, like 800 lbs heavier, but it has nearly twice the torque and like 60% more horses. The listed 0-60 time is like half the VW and I reckon that VW just does not have much left above 90 MPH.

That being said, I reckon it is super fun to drive. I have had a lot of different cars, German, American, Japanese, and the most fun car I ever had to drive before this Challenger was my 1987 VW Jetta GLI Wolfsberg Edition. Far from the biggest engine I ever had, but the gears, the suspension, shifting and rolling that thing through corners just felt so damn good to drive. It was a blast to roll, super comfortable, I loved that car. I lamented letting it go years after I had moved on.

The new VW seems to be in the same vein, I hope it is!

The Challengers and some Chargers are just so cool looking. At the moment, I prefer a smaller car (I have a 350z). I do miss the bottom end of a v8, but outside of an LS swap, I’ll probably stick with a Z car until
Something small with a similar cost/performance ratio pops up.

The Challengers and some Chargers are just so cool looking. At the moment, I prefer a smaller car (I have a 350z). I do miss the bottom end of a v8, but outside of an LS swap, I’ll probably stick with a Z car until
Something small with a similar cost/performance ratio pops up.

Oh I know I know!!!!
YOU need a Chevy Monza!!!! :laughing

Oh I know I know!!!!

>I remember a guy that used to come into a gas station >I worked at had a stroker 383 in a Monza. Ugly as sin, but it would light up the tires on demand.

Built by a friend.

They are restoring another one that used to have twin turbos and 1500hp+. The turbos took up so much room that the radiators were put in the (massive) rear wing.

Attachments

• 21A2DEBF-82A9-4DC8-ACDD-FAADCAD39D75.jpg
    21A2DEBF-82A9-4DC8-ACDD-FAADCAD39D75.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 398
  • CC1B850E-AE61-4BAA-9CF7-CD7B0010522A.jpeg
    CC1B850E-AE61-4BAA-9CF7-CD7B0010522A.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 75
Oh I know I know!!!!

😍 I had one, a 75 with the factory 5.7. I swapped that out for a 400 small block after my ex hopped an island on Saratoga Ave and holed the oil pan, and drove until it threw a rod through the side of the block. Fun to drive, but traction was a constant problem.

Back