• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

It was moderatly funky. Well hasn't been used since 2017. That said there is no overpumping that well. In winter it turns into a water feature and will blow water 30" high 24/7

If it hasn't been used it will take some time to clear up. Rust/silt builds up in the casing. As long as its small particles it will clear up. Now if it's pumping sand or small gravel...

If it hasn't been used it will take some time to clear up. Rust/silt builds up in the casing. As long as its small particles it will clear up. Now if it's pumping sand or small gravel...

No sand and no gravel. It's drilled to 225' we set the hose at 40' and pumped for almost an hour before fillig the pool. It took 4.5 hours to fill the pool which is 5400 gallons. The next day the water was right back at the 7' mark. This well sustained a HUGE marijana farm 1000+ plants. Don't know what happened, major bust or general recall back to Mexico but the property went into foreclosure and became bank owned in 2017.

I bought a trailer for the T, and found out my old truck wouldnt tow so well, so this happened this week.

2011 Duramax/allison/loaded. Im thinking my tow woes are over with :thumbup

main.php

Welcome to the Dmax club. You're right, no more towing worries. :teeth. 2500 or 3500?

It was moderatly funky. Well hasn't been used since 2017. That said there is no overpumping that well. In winter it turns into a water feature and will blow water 30" high 24/7

Might be you have Iron and Manganese (very common) in your well water. When chemicals (oxidizers) are added this could bring the Iron (orange) and Manganese (black) out of solution and cause that color. Filtering this water after the oxidation process then took care of the color.

Gotta love those things. That Allison LCT1000 has got to be the most overbuilt transmission in its class by a long shot.

My vices kicked in...

Attachments

• vises-20200623_175106.jpg
    vises-20200623_175106.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 77
  • vises-20200623_182524.jpg
    vises-20200623_182524.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 82
What are they, what do they do, and what are they for? I'm going to make a leap and muse that they're not numismatic in nature.

They are actually a matched set of screwless machinist/toolmaker vises, typically used for small workholding in precision grinding.

The indicator on the comparator gauge stand is showing the worst spot on that surface between the two, which is just under 100 millionths of an inch.

They are actually a matched set of screwless machinist/toolmaker vises, typically used for small workholding in precision grinding.

The indicator on the comparator gauge stand is showing the worst spot on that surface between the two, which is just under 100 millionths of an inch.

Ah, thank you!

:cool

Attachments

• EFD132A1-7123-40FC-A40A-9B57C325BE59.jpg
    EFD132A1-7123-40FC-A40A-9B57C325BE59.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 74

Thought you already had a pretty nice Jeep RR? You starting a Jeep fleet now?

Fun! :party Enjoy it!

Can't believe it took me 50 years to get a Jeep. Now that I have my Rubicon I will never ever be without one. Most fun 4-wheeled vehicle ever! It's just another form of dual sport for me. I'll have a Gladiator, too, (even though I won't actually call it that out loud...stupidest name ever) once they replace the back seats with a longer bed.

Thought you already had a pretty nice Jeep RR? You starting a Jeep fleet now?

Unfortunately due to some family situation I had to sell it two years ago. Funny story. I bought it for $26000, and traded it at the dealer for $27000. Lol

Back