• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

you know, good tools are one of those things that dislike spending money on, but I dislike using shitty tools even more.

Indeed. Speaking of tools. I guess I bought something too.

VANTAGE_Legend_front_white.5ef3680ceac81.png

It’s a 2 channel scope meter in case this is giving anyone a wtf is that some kind of iPad look on their face. It has a full built in database of component and terminal locations and even has expected ranges for whatever you’re testing to refer to. I traded in a much older model plus a couple racks of money to get the latest model here. Thought about getting something called the Picoscope which is a little more capable and comprehensive. But the Snap-On is really the easiest ones to use, and I’m not testing the Space Shuttle here.

It’s a 2 channel scope meter in case this is giving anyone a wtf is that some kind of iPad look on their face. It has a full built in database of component and terminal locations and even has expected ranges for whatever you’re testing to refer to. I traded in a much older model plus a couple racks of money to get the latest model here. Thought about getting something called the Picoscope which is a little more capable and comprehensive. But the Snap-On is really the easiest ones to use, and I’m not testing the Space Shuttle here.

Fancy

What's the sampling rate on that puppy? Our old vantage pro is pretty long in the tooth and we're considering a pico scope or similar setup, but the cost is a hindrance at the moment...

Somebody on here must be as crazy as I am.
My latest purchase.

Attachments

• 2020_07_08_09_56_47_Window.jpg
    2020_07_08_09_56_47_Window.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 93
What's the sampling rate on that puppy? Our old vantage pro is pretty long in the tooth and we're considering a pico scope or similar setup, but the cost is a hindrance at the moment...

Just took a picture of the side of the box. I actually traded in a Vantage Pro to get this.

I looked on Amazon at Picoscopes and the “automotive” Picoscope set was actually even more expensive than this Snap-On. That can’t be right can it? When the hell is Snap-On the cheaper way to go?

Attachments

• 12B630BE-4002-4BAD-91F6-B060A906C86E.jpeg
    12B630BE-4002-4BAD-91F6-B060A906C86E.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 74
I do like the guided component testing. Not having to go look up wiring diagrams during diagnosis is pretty nice.

I do like the guided component testing. Not having to go look up wiring diagrams during diagnosis is pretty nice.

It’d probably be a godsend for driveway mechanics or even pros that do side work.

Of course I have access to all the diagrams and connector views I need for the brand I work on. So that feature is kind of a waste for me specifically.

As an indie, we rely on alldata for that kind of info, and it's REALLY spotty

It only took me 59 years, but I finally got my lift.

Attachments

• 4postlift1.jpg
    4postlift1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 93
Damn you D&B and Traeger... they did a 40% off dent and scratch sale. Despite just getting a new Weber last week, now I have this too.

Last edited:
Been playing a ton of guitar since lockdown started so I treated myself to a much needed upgrade in gear
DxIzbA4.jpg

Last edited:
^ soooo pretty!

That guitar just looks like it should be pumping out surf rock. Like the Mermen?

Back