• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I would guess lucky peak state park?
Arrow rock res.

Last edited:
:laughing

looking good Rob
just took mine to the track for the first time in 9-10 years :afm199

Ten years? Damn. Everything still running strong?

Was set to do half mile drags in March. Cancelled obviously. Next one of those is November. Would like to do some road course type stuff one of these days too.

I’m getting around 25hp I suppose. But the cats gotta go for that.

As far as why the double X, I think the only gain is sound. There are several aftermarket setups for the C7. Borla, Kooks, and AWE use a single X like the stock piece. But the most popular one is the Corsa, which is a double X. It’s the most popular because it has the best sound. Then there’s also the Akrapovic, which is only sold as a full cat back system, also uses double X. And everyone says that sounds awesome too...as it should for $6500. John Wilson from LHT Performance tested a bunch of X pipes back to back on his Z06 when he made the titanium one. Pretty much copied Corsa’s layout to eventually make what I got because he wanted the sound of the double X. Though the Borla single X had a slightly better power gain to the wheels over the double X Corsa.

I’m done with mods for the car now. I think between this pipe, throttle body, and the GM airbox (which GM claims 17hp), I should be getting right around 800 at the crank. That’ll do.

25 ponies and 20 pounds off with no smog headache would be enough for me to pull the trigger too. It that mostly a top end gain? Be curious to see the power and torque curve before and after.

800 to the wheels on a daily driver street car... that oughta do :laughing

25 ponies and 20 pounds off with no smog headache would be enough for me to pull the trigger too. It that mostly a top end gain? Be curious to see the power and torque curve before and after.

800 to the wheels on a daily driver street car... that oughta do :laughing

No no. Not to the wheels. It is supposedly 755 crank stock. I figure my very modest bolt ons along with running it 100 octane should be good for 800 crank. If it winds up showing more, then I’ll certainly take it. Didn’t do a baseline before. But there’s enough stock baseline graphs all over the interwebs to compare to.

Ten years? Damn. Everything still running strong?

Was set to do half mile drags in March. Cancelled obviously. Next one of those is November. Would like to do some road course type stuff one of these days too.

Freshened up the motor and it didn't blow up during the 2 passes i made, so, so far so good :laughing

What's the deal with the .5 mile stuff? Never really understood the appeal. Even 1/4 kinda always seemed like driving mrs daisy after the 1/8th. Just along for the ride type deal i guess would be my best way of describing it.

What's the deal with the .5 mile stuff? Never really understood the appeal. Even 1/4 kinda always seemed like driving mrs daisy after the 1/8th. Just along for the ride type deal i guess would be my best way of describing it.

It’s just the ability to go really really fast. Something if you get caught doing on the street, it’s a new set of bracelets. Last half mile I was at, there were multiple cars trapping over 200.

Sure, all of the “skill” involved (reaction time, traction management, etc) in a drag happens in the first few hundred feet, and then yeah you’re just along for the ride. These cars today just have so much god damn power though, they’re still pulling hard at the end of the 1320. Hell I’d do a full mile if there was one around here. They used to have one in CA (The Mohave Mile), but that ended in 2018.

It’s just the ability to go really really fast. Something if you get caught doing on the street, it’s a new set of bracelets. Last half mile I was at, there were multiple cars trapping over 200.

Sure, all of the “skill” involved (reaction time, traction management, etc) in a drag happens in the first few hundred feet, and then yeah you’re just along for the ride. These cars today just have so much god damn power though, they’re still pulling hard at the end of the 1320. Hell I’d do a full mile if there was one around here. They used to have one in CA (The Mohave Mile), but that ended in 2018.
That's cool man, keep us posted

I personally can’t tell the difference when it comes to YouTube clips on this exhaust versus another. But some people asked to hear the result, so here is a cold start...

[youtube]ULmCHkJUmUc[/youtube]

wtf is that on ur watch? a db meter?

Exactly. Kind of a neat thing they added to the Apple Watch a year or two ago. Gives me a warning if shit gets loud. Always goes off if someone (or myself) is going to town with an air hammer in the shop.

I personally can’t tell the difference when it comes to YouTube clips on this exhaust versus another. But some people asked to hear the result, so here is a cold start...

[youtube]ULmCHkJUmUc[/youtube]

I'm # 6!! :laughing

(subscribed to your youtube channel)

I'm # 6!! :laughing

(subscribed to your youtube channel)

Yup. On the come up. I’ll be the next Schmee or Doug Demuro in no time!

Actually thought about doing the Daddy Doug thing. Thinking of that guy can do it, I sure as hell can. But nobody wants to see my blowhard ass go on and on about cars. Whatever angle I wanted to take, someone already does it better. I could be super tech heavy since I know more than the average bear about how cars work...but I’ll freely admit that the Engineering Explained guy does it way better than I ever could.

Yup. On the come up. I’ll be the next Schmee or Doug Demuro in no time!

Actually thought about doing the Daddy Doug thing. Thinking of that guy can do it, I sure as hell can. But nobody wants to see my blowhard ass go on and on about cars. Whatever angle I wanted to take, someone already does it better. I could be super tech heavy since I know more than the average bear about how cars work...but I’ll freely admit that the Engineering Explained guy does it way better than I ever could.

You could do it in a scantily clad outfit

Bloody Honda followed me home!!! Has the Full HRC race kit, Pistons, rods, cranks, cams, valves. radiators, deep sump Full HRC exhaust, etc etc etc

GwlLgLyl.jpg

tYTJYOZl.jpg

JKSJZxjl.jpg

pOV5r53l.jpg

Thanks guys. She’s a beaut. Can’t wait to clock some miles up on her. Previous owner is fitting new tires, oil, filter, coolant and brake fluid. Strip and clean the carbs and new battery. He won’t let me pick it up for a week till this is done.

Back