• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

I think anyone who buys a first model year of anything is brave. :laughing

When I got my '14 JGC as an early release in '13, I managed to get the second wave of them. The very first round had some very interesting issues, almost all of them tuning of the control computers. There were certainly some build issues as well. There was a great video of one stopped on the side of the road with its lights blinking and wipers wiping, and not starting.

The earliest model also did very poorly on the "Moose Test", where it's suddenly swerved. The stability left much to be desired. But that was fixed with a flashing of the control computers. Software update.

Fundamentally, the vehicle was physically and structurally sound (modulo a few minor recalls), but the system software was a bit challenged in the wild.

I never really experienced anything like that on mine.

I didn't know they made a ten speed. That sounds scary.

My Jeep has an 8 speed, and it's now 6 years old, so I don't think a 10 speed is that much more crazy, it's all probably pretty proven. I don't know what the limits on these transmissions are. (i.e. why didn't they build a 10 speed when I got mine originally, or what Great Leap enable them to jump from Ye Olde 5 speed to an 8 speed in the first place.)

I will say I'm glad I'm not the one that has to open it up, but mine has been fine.

That said, I wonder about a 7 speed manual. Who would want that? 3rd gear before you're across the intersection. I just see a lot of folks shifting from 1st to 3rd to 5th, and then 7th on the highway, skipping all of the others.

The multiple speed counts make sense in an automatic, they're using these for better gas milage, and the transmission doesn't mind shifting, and it gives the computers lots of options for the perfect match, since they can't really use one of those continuous transmissions like they would like.

But for a manual? Who has time for that.

I mean, I guess the 7 speed is really a 5 speed with a really high overdrive, and the Really Low granny crawling gear. But in practice going to the store, it's a 4-5 speed.

Being delivered today, in Schertz TX. For my granddaughters 2nd birthday. :thumbup

Nice! my mother in law bought one very similar to that and her grandkids loved it for far longer than we thought. Probably until 10 or so. I hope your granddaughter loves it!

old lady had to go to target tonight, drove her there and once inside I made a bee line to these.

Attachments

• JoJobow125.jpg
    JoJobow125.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Jojobow250.jpg
    Jojobow250.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 70
New custom driveshaft. :party
All cleaned up, painted and ready to install.

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 51
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 51
Ok, what makes it custom? How does this differ from a stock one? Why would someone desire a custom drive shaft?

Custom, yep... it's replacing a torque tube, enclosed driveshaft/rear diff. Changing all the drive line to an "open" assembly.

The back end of the new shaft connect to this: Chevy 12 Bolt, w/all new internals, axles, 3.73 gears, Detroit TrueTrac posi.

The front end connects to this: Saginaw close-ratio 4 speed tranny, complete rebuild, w/ Hurst Comp Plus shifter.

The tranny then connects to this: Chevy 235 (out to 241CI), dual carb Thickstun intake, '54 Corvette exhaust manifold. And it's all going in a '50 Chevy 1/2T Panel.

Attachments

• Chevy12Bolt.jpg
    Chevy12Bolt.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Sag4Spd.jpg
    Sag4Spd.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Chevy235+.jpg
    Chevy235+.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 47
Neotec 2. My first real nice helmet. Picked it up at another Forum for about half price. Matte black would not be my first choice, I prefer really bright color for helmets. But for half price you will hear no complaints from me. I’ve seen online that you can buy some graphic kit specifically designed for the helmet so I may go that route.

Fits really well. And putting on my glasses is so much easier as opposed to a full face, non-modular helmet.

Attachments

• C1CA9A5F-51DE-4947-909D-90179AA08C27.jpeg
    C1CA9A5F-51DE-4947-909D-90179AA08C27.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 313D1A9B-E04B-47F2-800C-CAC150A17F23.jpeg
    313D1A9B-E04B-47F2-800C-CAC150A17F23.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 41
Been playing a ton of guitar since lockdown started so I treated myself to a much needed upgrade in gear
DxIzbA4.jpg

Found a crack in the fretboard on ^that guitar from the manufacturer this morning, so i sent it back and ended up buying a much more substantial guitar
:teeth
my bank account hates me

oaoxromgjio72f6gjk22.jpg

Clearwater brake light. Not sure how BMW got taillight, brake light and turn indicators all in two small light passed by the DOT. But a friend following me said it was hard to tell when I was on the brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1946.jpg
    IMG_1946.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 280
Is it true BMW won't allow LED's on their bikes for import?

Not sure if I understand the question, but I'll take a stab at it.

The 2010 S1000rr has an led tail / brake light, the 2020 S1000rr has led headlights, and I have a friend with GS1250 that has oem led turn signals.

Back