• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Every time I pick one of those up I forget just how crazy lightweight they are.

Ya 4 sure. Relatively cheap too compared to the ones i got for the car. I wonder if all the sports bikes come with them now? My dirt bike did but my 701 did not. Guess if another manufacturer doesn't make something in the same class they can cut a few corners here and there to save some $ and get away with it.

My new lid

Attachments

• arai_corsair_xtt_isleof_man2020_helmet_750x750.jpg
    arai_corsair_xtt_isleof_man2020_helmet_750x750.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 46
Kendon Trailer. Have been looking for a while and found one local in Stockton. Belonged to an HD owner and the trailer has spent its life in the garage. Going to sq the end and make a wide ride-on-ramp.

Attachments

• IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 326
Getting me an education, , ,

I found out that the FI has four modes for elevation
0 - 2000
2000 - 2500
2500 - 3500
3500 - up

It ran alright in Carson City

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpg
    IMG_2677.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 42
Getting me an education, , ,

I found out that the FI has four modes for elevation
0 - 2000
2000 - 2500
2500 - 3500
3500 - up

It ran alright in Carson City

Interesting, I always thought that the EFI was somewhat self adjusting with the, what, oxygen sensor or somesuch thing. Maybe the system is simpler on this bike.

I know my Hawk GT was starved to death up around 7K up on Angeles Crest. Pretty much no point twisting the handlebar thing or clicking the shifty thing on the side up there.

After sticking my KTM up on my dirt bike stand to get the wheels off, and seeing that each tire had about four inches of air under it, I decided to find a different way to get my wheels off of the ground. Too much chance of it ending up on its side in my garage with no attached wheels.

I headed over to Harbor Freight and got one of the ones you just slide under and jack up. It's so much easier to get the XR up on it and will be way, way easier for the KTM - after I get the wheels back on it and get it down off of the stand that it's currently on. I had a 20% off coupon and another coupon for the lift that was $79.99 instead of $99.99 - both are actually exactly the same. If I take the handle off it should fit neatly under my workbench.

85IHxiy.jpg

Clean! Is there a ratchet mechanism to take the load off of the hydraulic cylinder? Not sure if the cylinder is rated to hold the weight long term like a stand is :thumbup

Oops I think you are just using the lift to change the wheels after reading it again :ride

Last edited:
Clean! Is there a ratchet mechanism to take the load off of the hydraulic cylinder? Not sure if the cylinder is rated to hold the weight long term like a stand is :thumbup
See those three notches along the side and the grey steel piece angled down toward them? That's what those are for. I don't think both tires get off of the ground on my XR at the highest locked position, but I would only need to raise it higher temporarily, like to lubricate the chain or pull the back wheel off.

New Laptop

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14. It's not the most cutting edge version, but it's a lot faster than my old laptop which I gave to my daughter. Pretty stoked so far!

Ryzen 7 4800HS
8GB 3200mhz DDR4 RAM (soon to be 16GB)
Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU
512GB SSD

WtbtuDr.jpg

I find many of the gaming laptops (alienware for instance) are not offered with touchscreens. I realize you would not use them during gaming, but you could use them for general use.

My 17inch Razor Blade is not touch screen.

Back