• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

New top for the TJ

Attachments

• 3748B9A3-2CBA-4ACB-971C-5E0BF4D1D032.jpg
    3748B9A3-2CBA-4ACB-971C-5E0BF4D1D032.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 59
^^^ Looks good! :thumbup

All I see is girlie football on that screen where are the motorcycles?

Hadn't connected it to the LAN yet - just over the air for a test

Someone smashed into my car. 24 fucking hours. :cry

:( I am soo sorry to hear that! And the responsible party uninsured? :facepalm :thumbdown I hope your Ins handles this properly.

Hadn't connected it to the LAN yet - just over the air for a test

:( I am soo sorry to hear that! And the responsible party uninsured? :facepalm :thumbdown I hope your Ins handles this properly.

They are. Just got word the car is totaled.

Unfortunately, anything other than a small fender bender these days is a total. My wife's old Jetta looked like that after someone hit her and they totaled it as well.

For the Vette?

Between her car choices and stove preferences I like your lady. :)

61" Precision Aerobatics 3d plane

Attachments

• 107927479_232167_287855501349617.jpg
    107927479_232167_287855501349617.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 58
Oh boy down the rabbit hole I go. Motorsports is not cheap.

products-hy.png

I hope that is for a purpose built track car! If not, stop before it's too late!

In my experience you can have a fast street legal car that is uncomfortable on the street and ok on the track but limited as you're always afraid to wad it up, or a purpose built crap track car that will be just as fast or faster as you focus on driving and not always thinking about what happens if you miss the apex on the last corner before the front straight at THill.

Last edited:
For the Vette?

For now. I sure as hell ain’t going to track my Acura sedan. Maybe sometime in the future when I have more parking space than a townhouse offers, I’ll have something else for tracking.

What is it? Some kind of restraint system?

It’s a version of a HANS device that is compatible with a standard three point seatbelt.

I hope that is for a purpose built track car! If not, stop before it's too late!

In my experience you can have a fast street legal car that is uncomfortable on the street and ok on the track but limited as you're always afraid to wad it up, or a purpose built crap track car that will be just as fast or faster as you focus on driving and not always thinking about what happens if you miss the apex on the last corner before the front straight at THill.

Definitely not the latter. It’s a blisteringly fast street car (too fast for the street really) that’s actually decently comfortable and does just fine on a track. Could be more track focused, but I’d sacrifice practically and comfort if I put in a bar with a full harness and ran Hoosiers or some other slicks, which I don’t want to do. But you can bet your ass I’m afraid of binning it. It’s just too irreplaceable. So yeah it’s very much casual track use for me.

Gonna be in the can't afford to live more than 3 months thread in no time

Guess I shouldn’t post up the driving shoes and HPDE sesh I also bought at Laguna Seca. No sound limit day! I had to do it. Never hear of no limit days there.

Though this may do in my original tires, so I may be posting up a set of tires in this thread soon enough. Then I’ll be over in that thread for sure.

Last edited:
There is nothing cheap about our hobbies....bike/car/truck/etc. :laughing

Rocking the Oakley Front Line Goggle with Flo Pink Yellow Frame and Prizm Jade Iridium Lens. I would probably never spend $200 on googles but at the clearance price, I'll try em out even in pink and call it my 80's look. They're pretty nice, at first it was like "whatever" but the more I wore them the more I really liked them. Great fitment and actually for the first time..... I didn't get bugs that managed to sneak in around my nose.

oak_17_gog_fro_lin-flo_pin_yel_fra_pri_jad_iri_len.jpg

Last edited:
Every time I pick one of those up I forget just how crazy lightweight they are.

Back