• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Vans Vault limited edition OG's :drool

picture.php

Nice coop. How many chickens?

We just remodeled our Bantam coop and added a roosting bar and I am also making some new nesting boxes for it.

Just two. It's a really small coop and I wouldn't want things to be too cramped in there for them. I think I'm going to extend the run about 6 feet just so they have more room on the days where I can't let them roam in the backyard

Finally got myself some new boxing/kickboxing/MMA shorts as my Venum ones were getting pretty nasty. Perfect fit and nice and short :)

Attachments

• 4AA4AB8A-5BBB-438B-A629-A42A39E8D586.jpg
    4AA4AB8A-5BBB-438B-A629-A42A39E8D586.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 66
Finally put together, stained and varnished the new chicken coop
20200919_152520_3c5e4b36836b79d5082aa001338495cd6f2880de.jpg

Cute little coop. Been there, done that. First issue is you can't get in it to clean it. The Girls will generate A LOT of poop!!! Pain in the butt to drag to a new spot.
Second issue is with it sitting on the ground, as soon as it rains the ground will turn to slop and the Girls will have slop coated feet and feathers and no place to "scratch" since it's all sloppy in the coop.
Third issue, does the new coop have a perch inside? If it has just a wooded rod, like one used in your closet replace it with a 2x4. Round the edges by a least 1/4". This will give the Girls a flat area to rest on while sleeping. Think of it this way... would you like holding your hands on to a round bar all night versus being able to allow your fingers to stretch out? The 2x4 also allows them to put their body weight on the 2x4. With just a round bar they will fall off their perch when sleeping.

Daughter started out with a similar coop (green roof section). I set it on a 4x4 base then soon added a new extension 8'x4' with several perches in it and a door on the end. Helped a lot but got sloppy.

When they moved I bought a big Costco vinyl/plastic 6'x8' shed. Put two windows that open and an automatic door that closes an night and opens in the morning. The big benefits are that you can open the double doors and walk into it and it has a floor. A snow shovel makes it easy to scoop the poop out and put it in the garden/compost pile.

Attachments

• Coop and Run Roof.jpg
    Coop and Run Roof.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
New coop and new picket fence. Flight feathers clipped so the don't fly over the picket fence. Girls can come and go in the coop and have the whole side yard to scratch around in. About once a month I'll get them a bale of alfalfa to tear apart.

Attachments

• picket fence.jpg
    picket fence.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 75
I didn't think about the 2x4 for roosting mine seem to do okay with the rod when I didn't have it in there they were roosting on some exposed 3/4 plywood edges with no issue.

My flock has the run of our yard all 5 acres. They seem to love it. Their home-built coop is fairly large with a 7x8 floor, 20 nesting boxes and they can get out play in an enclosed 7x8 area and they also can go under the coop itself so about a 16x7 foot play area when they are locked up. I have pictures somewhere in the what have you made lately thread.

deja Vu

2020 KTM 890 Duke R. Arrived about 2 hours ago.

Attachments

• KTM round 2.2.jpg
    KTM round 2.2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 63
  • KTM round 2.1.jpg
    KTM round 2.1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 64
New shoes for the adventure rig! (also going to be giving it new control arms, brakes/rotors, battery, power steering pump...the neglect has been too long for this old beast)

I had ProComp AT/S and they were great, but these BFG KO2s are some of the best ATs you can get. Also gained a bit of size moved up from 305/60/18 to 65. Pretty stoked to get out there this hunting season.

Attachments

• KO2.jpg
    KO2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 51
Got a twofer,

Rigged up a sprinkler for my lawn here in the park,
the tape & wood made it less useful for spritzing the windshield.
So I bought something from my youth, another owl eyed sprinkler.

There are so many jokes in this package of cookies,
U start, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2738.jpg
    IMG_2738.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 50
Convinced the Mrs. to let me put one of these in the house, next to the couch :laughing. Almost went with a water rower but the maintenance and chance of leak was a con.

Brand new, ordered and shipped and arrived in under a week. The douche bags gouging for $1400-$2k on craiglist and facebook were killing me.

concept-2-model-d-rower-h_2.jpg

A pair of these...

And one of these...

Are those comfy? Any maybe it's my monitor but the weaves don't seem to match...?

Convinced the Mrs. to let me put one of these in the house, next to the couch :laughing... The douche bags gouging for $1400-$2k on craiglist and facebook were killing me.

Those people are crazy, I see asking more than new sometimes :wtf

The branding conflict is triggering my OCD.

Back