• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Yo Ctwo...

It's about bringing different "shades of gray" and textures into the room.
If it helps, when they get the vinyl covers on them the nuances will blend closer together.

Korn... nice looking :thumbup

Been working on my rig.
Level kit with new UCAs. Fuel Tactics in 18x9. Falken Wildpeak 285/75r18. Softopper.

Pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• 6E1F01AC-63B5-4A89-B5F9-0E47789B5637.jpg
    6E1F01AC-63B5-4A89-B5F9-0E47789B5637.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 45
  • FD8E3462-578F-42B7-B869-58EBE10B6DB5.jpg
    FD8E3462-578F-42B7-B869-58EBE10B6DB5.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 57
Been working on my rig.
Level kit with new UCAs. Fuel Tactics in 18x9. Falken Wildpeak 285/75r18. Softopper.

Pretty happy with it.

oooo been thinking of doing a soft topper as well. how do you like it? did you spring the extra cash for the tent option?

Do the headlights suck that bad?

The LED headlights are great. Vey bright. This is a lousy phone pic off axis.
This is the brand new bike that replaces the one that got totaled by a cager who didn't want me to pass him.

Yo Ctwo...

It's about bringing different "shades of gray" and textures into the room.
If it helps, when they get the vinyl covers on them the nuances will blend closer together.

Korn... nice looking :thumbup

:laughing You see, my interior decorating is far too mechanical. I'd be looking at the smooth red vinyl upholstered set with the big rivets. The covers just get bunched up.

These look kinda basic but the hope here is that these will go up in value. And be worth a couple grand in a few years.

Fragment-Air-Jordan-3-DA3595-100-Release-Date-Price-4.jpg

After the last bad Chinese reverse swoosh knockoff Nike who knows..... I keed... I keed.....

Those ones are worth like almost a grand now believe it or not. Unfortunately, I bought those ones to wear. Even used with no box, I could still get $4-500 for them.

I know. This sneaker game is ridiculous. Not too different from collecting baseball cards or beanie babies. But if you do it right, you can make a few bucks from it. It’s just a fun side hobby for me so I don’t really care if there’s money in it. But some people make it a legitimate side hustle. Some people go really deep and have multiple bot programs running to try and buy all these limited release shoes when they come out for retail price, and then they immediately flip them for a profit since these shoes sell out almost instantly. And they actually make a pretty comfortable living doing that.

After thinking about it for a few years, I finally painted my shallow-pitched roof with a reflective elastomeric coating. WOW! The manufacturer guarantees a 15° drop of inside temperature and that's what I got. I really didn't think I would see such a dramatic change. It's a cement block house that would stay fairly cool for most of a hot day but then continue to heat up as the sun went down, and stay hot all night into the next day. These last few summers where we had +100° days the house would be in the '90s. I was pricing ductless split systems for our bedroom and figured I would first coat the roof to help lighten the load.

The other day when it got over 93° outside, the interior never got over 75°. We were consistently 10° to 15° cooler inside for those hot days. I had filled my "attic" space with R-30 insulation 10yrs ago, that only helped by about 5°, we figured it was the cement block acting as a heat battery overnight. We had no idea just how much the roof was contributing.

I heartily recommend a reflective coating.

Attachments

• Roof1a.jpg
    Roof1a.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Roof2a.jpg
    Roof2a.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 56
WOW! The manufacturer guarantees a 15° drop of inside temperature and that's what I got.

All that stuff adds up.

Obviously brand new houses with the latest materials can maintain energy really, really well.

But things like, modern windows (especially big windows like sliding glass doors and what not), updated HVAC, all add up to keeping the house passively pleasant to live in.

Whether it's worth the money vs energy costs, that's a real question. But it sure FEELS better.

HeatXfer are you going to have to change your username now?

Those ones are worth like almost a grand now believe it or not. Unfortunately, I bought those ones to wear. Even used with no box, I could still get $4-500 for them.

I know. This sneaker game is ridiculous. Not too different from collecting baseball cards or beanie babies. But if you do it right, you can make a few bucks from it. It’s just a fun side hobby for me so I don’t really care if there’s money in it. But some people make it a legitimate side hustle. Some people go really deep and have multiple bot programs running to try and buy all these limited release shoes when they come out for retail price, and then they immediately flip them for a profit since these shoes sell out almost instantly. And they actually make a pretty comfortable living doing that.

I had a few friends in the sneaker game. Not sure if he still does it but he made quite a bit on that side hustle. enough for a 5 series Beemer.

I know a guy here who waited in line for like 8 hours to get a limited edition something or other. Can't remember if it was for personal use or a investment.

Back