• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

220120566_0.jpg

I get the keys today. :)

Very nice, love the large 2 car and covered patio parking.

Congrats :thumbup

Last edited:
Very nice, love the large 2 car and covered patio parking.

Congrats :thumbup

You would also like the shop around the corner, which is the size of one garage bay. It has a toilet in it which cracks me up. At one point it had a woodstove to keep the whole place warm. There's also a 30x40 RV cover with power and water to it.

You would also like the shop around the corner, which is the size of one garage bay. It has a toilet in it which cracks me up. At one point it had a woodstove to keep the whole place warm. There's also a 30x40 RV cover with power and water to it.

Sooo jelly :ride

Looks to be done right, I love it as long as its remote enough.

Thanks. I am looking forward to drinking coffee on that porch and sitting in the hot tub when it's snowing out.

No cell phone reception. About two miles from tons of BLM land. Sitting on 2.38 acres with neighbors on 5 acre + lots.

I had friends with a big ranch outside of Selma. It backed up to the BLM land that sits between their ranch and your new compound. They put on a few enduro schools there and the riding was Out-Fucking-Standing! Super gnarly single track with lots of elevation changes. It was great! :teeth

And, yes! Our place came with a nice little hot tub, too, and it's been great! Nice and hot in the snow, and nice and cool in the heat of summer. Your porch is badass! :love

Is that a cherry tree? Even if it isn't I like. Wish I could talk the waifu into moving somewhere like this.

I'm so jealous of that pink tree...:x

Congratulations on the new shop with living quarters!

Thanks. Yup that is in the plan too since I’m pulling the head off the car anyway. Hoping that an oil catch can will help delay that in the future.

Where did you get your experience with this car? What other info do you have to share? I’m all ears.

I work at a small indie euro shop. Biggest issue is that normal oil consumption is as much as 1L every 700 miles, so check it often. The electrical systems are also very sensitive to under and over-voltage conditions. High pressure fuel pump failures are not uncommon. You've already got the timing chain issue in hand. Since you're going to have the head off, take the opportunity to replace the oil and coolant lines for the turbo and oil cooler as well as the oil filter housing gasket as well. That's just off the top of my head

I had friends with a big ranch outside of Selma. It backed up to the BLM land that sits between their ranch and your new compound. They put on a few enduro schools there and the riding was Out-Fucking-Standing! Super gnarly single track with lots of elevation changes. It was great! :teeth

And, yes! Our place came with a nice little hot tub, too, and it's been great! Nice and hot in the snow, and nice and cool in the heat of summer. Your porch is badass! :love

I'm so jealous of that pink tree...:x

This place is right over the mountains from Selma. I'm telling you, come visit. You can soak your bones in the hot tub after a hard day of riding.

Congratulations on the new shop with living quarters!

It's like you get me. :laughing

OMG AWESOME! That place looks perfect!

No Internet? Starlink.com

Ziply. I may sign up for starlink. Not sure.

We are in to ours for around $7000 in repairs, with only 56,000 miles on it. Had a couple valves go bad, and then following that a few seals which caused oil leaks. I know you know, just keep that oil changed, filled and pray a lot. You'll be ok. Ours is a 2010, we purchased in 2012 with 20k on it.

I work at a small indie euro shop. Biggest issue is that normal oil consumption is as much as 1L every 700 miles, so check it often. The electrical systems are also very sensitive to under and over-voltage conditions. High pressure fuel pump failures are not uncommon. You've already got the timing chain issue in hand. Since you're going to have the head off, take the opportunity to replace the oil and coolant lines for the turbo and oil cooler as well as the oil filter housing gasket as well. That's just off the top of my head

Thanks for the added info guys. I got this car for $1500, and intend on saving $ by doing all maintenance / repairs myself.

In addition to what was mentioned above, I’ll be looking into the cooling system hoses and hard pipes. Once all these parts are addressed, I’ll spend $ on tires and sway bars. If it survives a year, I’ll put on wider tires and fender flares.

In the week that I’ve had it I’ve noticed a massive amount of interior heat. I’m going to tint the windows and have the roof and sunroof wrapped in a lighter color. I can’t see myself doing a Union Jack, maybe the checkerboard or something custom designed (BARF two finger guy?). Likely choose the least expensive route which is the checkerboard.

I can’t imagine needing a stoptech or willwood kit, but they sure are tempting. Plus I have no desire to take it to the track. I hope that doesn’t change.

WOOT :party
YEP NORTH!!!!

I see a dualsport ride that will be almost completely dirt in our future. I have an 18' above ground pool come get it, Happy House warming :love

Pool party at Froggy Bottom! :party

Back