• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

WOOT :party
YEP NORTH!!!!

I see a dualsport ride that will be almost completely dirt in our future. I have an 18' above ground pool come get it, Happy House warming :love

Pool party at Froggy Bottom! :party

and I have dubbed your place "YEP SOUTH!"

Creek party at YEP SOUTH! :party

i-tR3CcsJ-X2.jpg

I like it but I stuck with the Glock mag style for mine.

I am still waiting for someone to get the new TX22 Competition in at a decent price so I can buy one and shoot up my stock of 22lr.

I tried to like the Glock mag versions,. Just didn't fit my style of shooting I guess¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perfect for the party line, let your neighbors listen in to your convos... :teeth

DAMHIKT
In the late "70s and early '80s I worked in a small auto parts chain, Economy Imports. I worked mostly in the Blossom Hill store, and for most of the day we would be cradling 2 phones between shoulder and ear. We had some wacky circuits down there and would frequently be hooked in to other calls.

A favourite memory is a conversation between a man and woman who had just finished an evening of fun and apparently were calling to reminisce. I got quite an education that day about what a lustful couple would get into! No details were spared...... :party

New paint...

Sold the Monster, picked up a 2021 S1000RR M Sport. :)

I'm slowly tacking on the miles - owners need to get to minimum 500m unlock everything above 9k RPM - ugh, it's torture.

On top of that, I added a lot of bits and bobs to make it more adjustable/comfortable for the track. So...new MC/brake lines/calipers, clip-ons, brake lever guard, rear sets, front sprocket, front spring, and front suspension potentiometer.

Not to mention some aesthetics tall windscreen, pillion cover/hardtail, and fully integrated rear light. Inbound/Upcoming is a fancy clutch lever, quick release gas cap, full Ti exhaust and ECU flash. Fun times coming!

It's a pretty bike...not as unique as the previous gen, but I dig the 'normal' look.

This dash is nuts!

Carbon wheels! This was a big driver for me to buy the bike...not to mention the killer motor. ;)

Congratulations! Fantastic bike. Always loved the M Sport color schemes.

Sold the Monster, picked up a 2021 S1000RR M Sport. :)

I'm slowly tacking on the miles - owners need to get to minimum 500m unlock everything above 9k RPM - ugh, it's torture.

Interesting. So the bike has a built in "break in" governor? Do you think that's what that is (though normally, "break in" is a lower RPM)?

Or do you think it's a "hey idiot, don't WFO as soon as you get off the lot, you simply have no idea with what you're dealing with here" kind of limit?

^^^ It is purely for break in.

Let’s see you send someone a text. :x
You're probably right there! I use my cell phone for perhaps 3 calls per year (at the most!). It's never on except when I need to make a call, which is very rare for me from a cell. I would rather wait until I get home and use a landline, when possible. I have never used a cell phone to send a text, never even thought about such, but I won't leave home without my cell phone. In fact, I don't even know if my dumb (not a SmartPhone) cell can do texts. But it probably can as it has a built-in keyboard which slides out which I have never even used.

I also own and use smartphones to turn on some CCS charge stations for my Energica electric motorcycle. But my main cell is a dumb phone. I have a portable hotspot I use with my Smartphones to get on the internet. They are NOT activated for cell use.

I will be 72 next month.

However, I have sent and received text messages via satellite to e-mail accounts using my inReach. I use it to communicate when out of V W/L cell range.

And I also have a Spot Messenger with the tow service so I can get a tow truck even where there is no cell service.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back