• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

But do you wear them?

Those ones I did. Could’ve immediately turned around and sold them for twice what I paid for them, but those ones I really wanted.

Not counting shoes that I actually bought and used to play basketball in, So far my little hobby here has cost me very little if even anything. The ones I’ve bought and resold for a profit have done a pretty good job paying for the ones I have put into service. Which is (yes I have a problem) about a dozen or so different pairs of shoes I choose from to just casually wear. And currently have about ten pairs still sitting in boxes waiting for the value to go up.

Those ones I did. Could’ve immediately turned around and sold them for twice what I paid for them, but those ones I really wanted.

Not counting shoes that I actually bought and used to play basketball in, So far my little hobby here has cost me very little if even anything. The ones I’ve bought and resold for a profit have done a pretty good job paying for the ones I have put into service. Which is (yes I have a problem) about a dozen or so different pairs of shoes I choose from to just casually wear. And currently have about ten pairs still sitting in boxes waiting for the value to go up.

I'm still utterly amazed at the sneaker market. :wow

I bought a beautiful sculpture of an octopus. I loved it so o much that I knew my sister would love it more so I sent it to her. I hate it when I do that but she called to say it was one of the more beautiful things she’s ever held in her hands.

Attachments

• 255C4B4B-4EBF-4FC4-8299-6C4C73AC15DD.jpg
    255C4B4B-4EBF-4FC4-8299-6C4C73AC15DD.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 38
Split this half of beef with my dad. 160lbs each, $5.25/lb. primo, grass fed grain finished happy steers from my brother in law’s foray into ranching. My stepson is working the ranch and loving it. But this table right here is what it’s all about.

(I am not involved in this business but if you’re interested in maybe procuring around 300lbs of primo beef at once, send me a PM)

Attachments

• FF558155-1C11-41BA-8720-BF83E845585C.jpg
    FF558155-1C11-41BA-8720-BF83E845585C.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 42
I bought a beautiful sculpture of an octopus. I loved it so o much that I knew my sister would love it more so I sent it to her. I hate it when I do that but she called to say it was one of the more beautiful things she’s ever held in her hands.

Cthulhu wants his pet back. Just saying... :teeth

Split this half of beef with my dad. 160lbs each, $5.25/lb. primo, grass fed grain finished happy steers from my brother in law’s foray into ranching. My stepson is working the ranch and loving it. But this table right here is what it’s all about.

(I am not involved in this business but if you’re interested in maybe procuring around 300lbs of primo beef at once, send me a PM)

I'd love to take you up on the offer, but I'd have to empty out my deep freeze, and then where would I store all the dead hookers and other stiffs? :rofl

Finally.

4 years in the making.

Finally decided to seriously look for a bike, and a the 2017 motorcycle show, I settled to pursue a F700GS. I had seriously considered a 500X, but every comment I heard about it include some excuse for the power. I also gave serious thought to the MT-7. But I liked the fit and feel of the 700.

Soon after the show, they announced the 750GS, with the 700 and 750 both listed as 2018 models.

I went to the dealer early 2018, and they basically said a) no, they had no 700s, and b) The 750s were much better, so you should wait.

"When are the 750s due?" "March or April" "Ok".

March hit, and I called every 2 weeks. It wasn't until late April they said "Yea, we're not getting anything until October."

Fine.

Delayed and denied.

2019, we bought a house. Ixnay on the otorcyclemay.

2020. Well, enough said about 2020.

2021 the 40th anniversary editions showed up and I basically said "That's it, that's the one!". I got to test ride one in, I dunno, March or April.

Life happened, end of August, 40th anniversary editions were drying up. So, I got off the pot. Called a couple dealers. One said they could trade for one and get it to me. That was last Saturday. Tuesday I was in the showroom talking details. Friday the sales guy was driving down and back to San Diego.

And today, it followed me home. "Can I keep it?"

Last time I bought a bike was 18 years ago. Last time I rode a bike (not counting the around the block demo) was 4-5 years ago, when I rented an RT to meet an out of town friend for lunch in Leucadia. That was an awkward experience, I hadn't been on a bike in over 5 years at that point either. The RT was big.

45m ride home on surface streets in 100 degree heat. Bike felt good, all seemed to come back. I imagine I almost looked like I knew what I was doing out there.

But I made it! And it's here.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 414
Yay!! Welcome back to 2-wheels, berth! She’s a beauty!

Bumblebee edition!!! :party
Congratulations!

Has been a year for systems failure. So far this year the TV, toilet, refrigerator, and water heater failed. Full timing, and over the road vibration wears out this stuff faster than normal. New tires for the rig is still on the list.
Also brought home my new drivers lisc. big stress worrying about that, turning 70. Didn't know if I was going in for the full monty, driving test, knowledge test, vision, along with proving my address without a door to kick in. Vision, address proof, and a new pix, DONE.
Like I need more stress, all this compromising my play time.

Attachments

• IMG_3495.jpg
    IMG_3495.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 54
Has been a year for systems failure. So far this year the TV, toilet, refrigerator, and water heater failed. Full timing, and over the road vibration wears out this stuff faster than normal. New tires for the rig is still on the list.
Also brought home my new drivers lisc. big stress worrying about that, turning 70. Didn't know if I was going in for the full monty, driving test, knowledge test, vision, along with proving my address without a door to kick in. Vision, address proof, and a new pix, DONE.
Like I need more stress, all this compromising my play time.

Sounds a lot like boat life :laughing

I just renewed my CDL no tests not even a new picture, I did it on line by accident and failed to get the "real id."

That GS is sweeeet. Enjoy!

Back