• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Interested in hearing your thoughts on battery life compared to the 11 pro. I occasionally use my 11 pro max for 2+hours long videos. For some reason I recall hearing the 12 had a smaller battery capacity. So I'm curious about the 13's performance.

The 13 Pro and Pro Max are noticeably heavier than any iPhone I remember (and I’ve been getting a new one every couple years since they first came out). Gotta imagine they packed more battery in there.

When it was new the battery was damn near impossible to kill. But as usual after about 500 charges, the fade started. In about the past 9 months or so, I’ve managed to start the day at 100% and get all the way down to single digits. But I’m on the thing constantly throughout the day. Then come one and I’m watching YouTube or on here while “we” watch real housewives of wherever the fuck or whatever show that my wife has on that I’m not that interested in. So I’d say I easily watch 2 hours worth of video a day.

The 13 Pro I started my first full day with it yesterday. Pretty decent amount of using it. Got down to maybe 60% left. Apparently there’s a “battery” thing under settings you can see what was draining the battery and for how long and so on. I watched YouTube for 2 hours and 52 minutes yesterday. And the wife’s show Nine Perfect Strangers? Yeah that sucked. Hence the smorgasbord of video time.

I found my old iPhone 6 recently and it's so much lighter than my X. Right now, my X is certainly "power challenged". Not as hard as yours, but it's noticeable. Funny thing, the highest drain is the covid tracker (which I though I disabled, but I've been leaving on anyway).

I need to get my iPad swapped out for a new battery -- it's 5 years old, could use a refresh. At this point I'd probably do the ame for my X. I don't know if the 13 is any bigger or not, but I really don't need it heavier.

And I've been getting by without the extra lenses. I could use more flash, who couldn't, but that's just a matter of cleaning of some stuff from Photos.

For MC and/or trailer (full of MC's) purchased for the tilt and anti theft notifications.

WgztCSPh.jpg

This is a bit of a two parter.

This weekend I added an outlet to our bathroom.

Attachments

• E3C58F8D-B9C2-4398-9701-37FB93A36F89.jpg
    E3C58F8D-B9C2-4398-9701-37FB93A36F89.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
Because I need power in there to get this thing going. I’ve got to use these things before a few times over the years. But last week we spent a whole week somewhere and our hotel room had one of these. I was pretty much commanded by the wife to make this happen.

SW3084_GAL_05

Paid more for 5 quarts of this then I care to admit. It's banned in Cali as of 2 yeas ago. I gave a Walmart purchase a try and it went through. Each quart in a ziplock bag and covered in dark paper. I think it was a 3rd party selling it not caring, excited they made $$.

I can now get my '87 ram 50 to pass smog :laughing

53342-01-1000.jpg

This is a bit of a two parter.

This weekend I added an outlet to our bathroom.

Rob, yer an "Outlaw"! Look at the non-GFCI outlet in a "wet area".

If you install a new GFCI outlet they have a little light that shows the status.
Green is normal/ok, Red, solid or blinking is no bueno, and "no" light means no power.

But wait, there's more... as a bonus that little light will provide enough light for those middle of the night visits to the Loo so you don't have to turn on the bathroom light and ruin yer night vision!

Attachments

• GFCI.jpg
    GFCI.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 18

If you install a new GFCI outlet they have a little light that shows the status.
Green is normal/ok, Red, solid or blinking is no bueno, and "no" light means no power.

But wait, there's more... as a bonus that little light will provide enough light for those middle of the night visits to the Loo so you don't have to turn on the bathroom light and ruin yer night vision!

I know you’re supposed to use GFCI in the bathroom. But yeah…didn’t care.

The night light aspect is kinda cool. But I think there’s no sneaking past my wife’s auto on makeup mirror on the way the the WC. That thing is so god damn bright when it comes on!

Yea, pretty much all of those in my house have a little felt sticker over them to blot them out. My wife is very sensitive to light at night, so...out they go!

Only one outlet in the line of GFCI needs the reset button and the light. The rest look normal, right?

I almost went back to apple for the 13 over the weekend but the lady and I went with the Samsung fold phones we made the switch to Android a few years ago. She got the flip and I got the fold. It's back ordered I guess until mid October so I can't tell you guys how it is yet however the flip is pretty cool. She's happy with it.

Lou Simmons designed and patented the reverse hyper after he broke his back. He recently designed this one that folds up out of the way. Perfect for a home gym. It can also be used for leg extensions and other things if creative. I think it might be the last piece I really need.

Forgot to add, got it off CL 2 hours after guy listed it. Saved bout $230 over retail.

Hell yeah... the official furnace filter of NASCAR!
I'm pretty sure I can feel an increase in horsepower. :laughing

Attachments

• 2021-09-03 09.10.10.jpg
    2021-09-03 09.10.10.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 25
A bookstand. My neck was getting sore.

Attachments

• 3699BF0C-9EAB-4CD5-A124-ED7E3E9C914F.jpeg
    3699BF0C-9EAB-4CD5-A124-ED7E3E9C914F.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 24

Only one outlet in the line of GFCI needs the reset button and the light. The rest look normal, right?

I'm almost positive GFCI will protect regular outlets installed downline. One and done, baby.

IANAE/YMMV

One of my best girlfriends is flying to hang out with me in December. She's Iranian and laughs at the pictures I send her of me chilling in my Turkish salvar pants. I bought her a pair today so we can kick it when she comes.

Attachments

• pantalones.jpg
    pantalones.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 15
I bought a pair of hilarious stickers to put on my car at my next track event.

Attachments

• 257115A9-FBED-4316-82B4-1AA4020A42AC.jpg
    257115A9-FBED-4316-82B4-1AA4020A42AC.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 18
Back