• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Early Xmas present for myself. Wife does not drink wine and I am drinking less. Had to toss a few bottles that went bad because I took to long to drink. Going to see if the Coravin works.

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpg
    IMG_6155.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 19
Early Xmas present for myself. Wife does not drink wine and I am drinking less. Had to toss a few bottles that went bad because I took to long to drink. Going to see if the Coravin works.

Some of those wine in a box wines are actually quite good.

They last six weeks.

Coravin is a neat option...although the people I got them for a few Christmas's ago haven't used it yet that I know. Shame.

Saw one of those mini propane heaters at work today. Looked odd at first and I assumed it was electric but I couldn’t find the cord. Someone else was poking around at it and discovered it was propane powered. Don’t know who owned it or why it was even there. Obviously it wasn’t turned on.

What did you buy? Your link no longer works.

I put a 3K$ deposit on one of these (shown below)on June one. Below is the first one to arrive in the USA. I was supposed to get mine in September, but that didn't happen, but should be any day now.

Does everybody recognize the bike below? Photo was taken in Pacifica.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Attachments

• ExperiaPAC.jpg
    ExperiaPAC.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 47
Went looking for a compact that could fit in my pocket. Not sure why I ended up with one of these, it doesn’t fit : |

design-medium.jpg

Don: What is that? Do-not-recognize.
There are seven of them in the USA right now. I should have mine sometime next month.

It is the Energia Experia. An electric motorcycle from Italy.

A couple from Florida just picked up theirs in South San Francisco and are now riding them back to Florida.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Thanks, reading now. Knew nothing about this one...

I am over the frickin' moon about this item:
71DnucdeYpL.jpg

I am an avid cook and this just tickles me pink.

AWESOME PURCHASE!! :thumbup
Robin has had this model for years, and it holds up to all the abuse (and cookie making) that we can throw at it. :teeth
It is a bit noisier than the homeowner models, but that is because it uses steel gears instead of the plastic gears in the cheaper models.
I am the one that does the dishes and cleanup in our house, so my only complaint with this is that it gets used so much, I am always cleaning the mixing bowl so she can make something else.
Want a helpful hint?
Get a second bowl and avoid my above noted problem. :laughing
Seriously.
And there are lots of cool attachments too!

AWESOME PURCHASE!! :thumbup
Robin has had this model for years, and it holds up to all the abuse (and cookie making) that we can throw at it. :teeth
It is a bit noisier than the homeowner models, but that is because it uses steel gears instead of the plastic gears in the cheaper models.
I am the one that does the dishes and cleanup in our house, so my only complaint with this is that it gets used so much, I am always cleaning the mixing bowl so she can make something else.
Want a helpful hint?
Get a second bowl and avoid my above noted problem. :laughing
Seriously.
And there are lots of cool attachments too!

That is good feedback re: the second mixing bowl. My girlfriend today said, "Oh there are pasta attachments" and I was like, "I have a pasta extruder already." I am interested in the ice cream attachment to see if I can make coconut milk ice cream at home.

Last edited:
The 5 piece (apple/vegetable) peeler/julienning, etc., attachment is great. Also the meat grinding attachment.
Have FUN!
Oh, and home made whipped cream!

My wife burned through two non Pro units before getting one 5+ years ago as she uses it to make bread every 5 days or so and also uses it for sausage making.

The juicer attachment is also worthwhile but we gave up making our own pasta years ago.

I just used it to make whipped cream on Christmas Day for Irish Coffee but I took my eye off the very efficient whipping for a moment too long and almost ended up with butter, but not quite. :laughing

Obviously cooking making is a breeze.

Congrats, that will last a lifetime.

We got one for a weeding gift, and never used it. We just stuck with the hand mixer.

Every time we thought about it, the idea of dragging the behemoth out was off putting, so it stayed in the box on the shelf.

A friend of mine has a custom mixer cabinet. The mixer is mounted on a shelf, and when she uses it, she opens the door, and the shelf swings up (pretty sure it has springs) and out and locks to the counter. That's probably a good solution to the problem, but more than what we were willing to do.

We ended up giving it to Goodwill in the end.

I have the tilt head model mixer and love that thing. I have had it for like 14 years now and it gets a ton of use. I wish I had enough counter space to put that swing out shelf cabinet for it but have to lug it to the counter when I want to use it but it isn't that heavy so it works.

There are a lot of companies out there that make small bits/pieces to repair/improve these as well. Gears, washers, adjustment levers/screws, etc. So if things start to wear you can replace the small wearable parts instead of having to buy a whole new one.

We got one for a weeding gift, and never used it. We just stuck with the hand mixer.

Every time we thought about it, the idea of dragging the behemoth out was off putting, so it stayed in the box on the shelf.

A friend of mine has a custom mixer cabinet. The mixer is mounted on a shelf, and when she uses it, she opens the door, and the shelf swings up (pretty sure it has springs) and out and locks to the counter. That's probably a good solution to the problem, but more than what we were willing to do.

We ended up giving it to Goodwill in the end.

Someone at Goodwill lucked out!

I have the tilt head model mixer and love that thing. I have had it for like 14 years now and it gets a ton of use. I wish I had enough counter space to put that swing out shelf cabinet for it but have to lug it to the counter when I want to use it but it isn't that heavy so it works.

My parents built a swing out shelf that tucks under the counter for the mixer. The mixer is secured to the shelf that lifts/pivots up and locks in place. It's spring-assisted so super easy to bring up to counter height and latch in place, then swing out of the way when you're done.

Looks pretty similar to this one: https://www.wayfair.com/kitchen-tab...urces-soft-close-appliance-lift-hwsc1812.html

Soft-Close+Appliance+Lift.jpg

Back