• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

:flag

317081135_10226468995444974_7222831405168579128_n.jpg

Picking up anything new to go with that? Or just ol' faithful 1911?

Picked up a ‘small’ heater for garage and inside. Max 30k btu blue flame ventless.

My garage has non-insulated walls and a ridge vent. Easily 40-50 degrees in there at times.

I woke up early this morning and thermostat said 65. Got it to 70 in under 15 minutes on medium heat, far faster than the old and inefficient furnace. The house also has so many leaks it’s like Swiss cheese.

This is safe indoors before anyone trips. I’ve also got two CO alarms in the area.

I got some new aftermarket parts. :laughing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208_174859_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208_174859_Gallery.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 19
Picked up a ‘small’ heater for garage and inside. Max 30k btu blue flame ventless.

My garage has non-insulated walls and a ridge vent. Easily 40-50 degrees in there at times.

I woke up early this morning and thermostat said 65. Got it to 70 in under 15 minutes on medium heat, far faster than the old and inefficient furnace. The house also has so many leaks it’s like Swiss cheese.

This is safe indoors before anyone trips. I’ve also got two CO alarms in the area.

I know an old timer that's been sleeping in his truck with a mr. heater buddy for years. Still alive somehow.

New boots... Xmas present to myself.

Attachments

• 408375CE-BC91-4FBB-859D-FE711DE0F2E3.jpg
    408375CE-BC91-4FBB-859D-FE711DE0F2E3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 15
Did you get a 1/2" lift kit on the other side as well?

Nope, the other side (left) looks fine. The right side was completely bone-on-bone and causing me extreme pain. I think I wore it out from a lifetime of throwing my right leg over bikes and jumping into lifted 4x4's. :laughing
I'm looking forward to being out of pain soon... but that sure ain't gonna be today!

Can you please provide a link to that heater

Can you please provide a link to that heater

Looks like a mr heater..northern tool has them

Yeah, Mr. heater 30k btu ventless propane blue flame. Most places wont ship to Cali so I found it on Ebay from several vendors that dont care. It can also mount on the wall if you want.

You can also install a fan in the back BUT it requires knocking out a panel and then being close to an electrical outlet. We've since set it on the fireplace brick and have a larger fan blowing the hot air from the family room to the living room. Works great and I'd say gets the house from 66 to 70 real fast and thats not even on #5 30k full setting. We'll run it for 30 minutes or so and turn it off and room will stay at 70 for awhile and slowly drop but good enough before he we head to bed.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/mr-heater-vent-free-30-000-btu-liquid-propane-blue-flame-heater-f299730

For a garage, did you look into those diesel heaters? People seem to love them.

For a garage, did you look into those diesel heaters? People seem to love them.

Those the ones you fire up, aim at the wall, wait a few hours and profit?

Back