• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Heck yeah, congrats!
Thanks man! I'm pretty stoked off of it.
How're you gonna fit in the trunk? A bit out of center in the pic too...but looks like pine? Rocker's about right for your age!
....what? You ok over there? Having a stroke?

That grille :green
Here, let me help you out.

52514015039_2abb94ee3f_k.jpg

Congrats.

How does it drive?
Like a German Shephard straining at the leash when it spots a squirrel if you baby it. Haven't opened it up yet (1,200 mile break-in period; no going over 5500 rpm or 105 mph)

Things you love?
The color combo is insane and gets a lot of attention and compliments. It makes you feel some kinda way...

Also love the comfort, infotainment, HUD, all the usual stuff like that. I had my first "people driving up to me on the freeway just to snap pics and give me a thumbs up" incident the other day. Sound is definitely improved over the M440 when in M2 mode, but in anything else the M440 actually sounds a bit better IMO. Seats hug you when driving in a spirited manner. Lots of little details like the lighted logo in the headrest are neat.

Things you aren't as thrilled about?
Carplay doesn't work properly without Siri enabled, but that's with any manufacturer not just BMW. Can't remove the headrest on the passenger seat, so I can't fit my surfboard in it anymore - gonna have to look into roof racks. Fuel economy is worse by a good bit when you have a heavy foot...the mild hybrid in the M440 was even more amazing in hindsight. Similarly, on the M440 the HUD would change the color of your speed to display in orange if you exceeded the posted limit. M4 doesn't - it's all just white and takes a bit more effort and time to glance down and figure out how much you're over the limit (let's be honest, in bay area traffic nobody's going the speed limit).

At least the grill is painted black on a dark colored car.
To date, even with the M440, I have yet to encounter a single person in meat space / real life who doesn't like the grill. Online forums / reddit / etc are literally the only place I've gotten negative sentiment. That being said, maybe I can crowd-fund an Adro grill from all the haters...:laughing

Looks great from every other angle. :thumbup

See above.

At least the grill is painted black on a dark colored car.

Looks great from every other angle. :thumbup

Oh that's a good point: if anything is to be 3M clear bra'd, it's that grill. Rock chips standout like smokers center teeth on a black grill.

"Something something LEEEROOOYYYY JEENNNKKIIINNNSSS!!!!!!"

I LOVE Leeroy Jenkins references...so on point!

Auto, they don't make the xDrive in a manual these days. Fine by me.

That car is really a direct replacement for the M635i. Not the shitty Bangel'd up Land yacht one. The mid 80's one.

Back