• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as you purchased it)

Spark plugs for my 1994 Yamaha wave raider I’m getting going again since the lakes nearby are nearly full!
Also bought a new Yuasa battery for it, too lazy to walk in the garage and take a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Also got this a couple weeks ago.
Nice shooter!
Came with 4 extra magazines.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
The score, today

Again, I went to "Seawood photo" in San Rafael.
I went there just for two items.
Ended up getting a lot more.
(They are all used gears. Some of them are pretty old, dating back to the1970s.)

ThinkTank Retrospective 7M
(This one is for hauling X100V with filters and flash, and maybe with audio recorder.)
Retrospective 7M by T K, on Flickr
...and,...
What's inside by T K, on Flickr

MINOLTA binoculars
(I use binoculars in a very peculiar way. When I'm filming myself, quite often, I'm too far away from the camera(monitor) to see the details, because I HATE filming myself with a wide angle lens(so typically I use 50mm or longer focal length). I use binoculars to check composition, framing, etc, etc, on the monitor. I've been using cheap binoculars from Amazon. This one is much nicer.)
Minolta Binoculars by T K, on Flickr

Canon FD24mmf2
This one is pretty hard to find.
Especially in this condition AT this price.
(24mmf2 is quite rare. 24mmf2.8 is a lot more common. 28mmf2.8 is a lot easier to find and is pretty cheap.
And, 24mmf1.4 Aspherical is a unicorn.)
FD24mmf2 by T K, on Flickr
24mm face by T K, on Flickr

Canon FD135mmf2.8 U.S. NAVY
The box is a little bit beaten up.
FD135mmf2.8 box by T K, on Flickr

HOWEVER, the lens itself is brand new !
AND, look at the locking ring!

FD135mmf2.8 US NAVY by T K, on Flickr

(Apparently, DLA purchased some photography equipment from Canon, back in the 70s. There's 13-digit DLA NSNs on the box.)

Back in the days of films (when I was a teenager), once I shot everything with 135mm, because that was all I had.
So, 135mm focal length has a special place in my mind.

Manfrotto 501HDV video head with 055XB legs.
055XB by T K, on Flickr
501HDV by T K, on Flickr

The leveling head was not included. I added it after coming back home.

Leveling Base by T K, on Flickr

I was looking for a secondary tripod, for (so called) run-and-gun filming, AKA guerilla filming.

I had been checking B&H used section, but I'm really glad I found what works for me locally, for a lot less price.
(501HDV is pretty old, over 10 years old. So, you don't find that much info on YT, etc.
But, this is actually a pretty nice video head. If I were just reading the spec online, I would have disregarded this head simply because of the spec.
(For example, this is NOT a true fluid head. There's no fluid in the head. The drag is controlled by friction. BUT, Manfrotto used some sort of teflon coating on the sliding parts, the movement of this head is quite smooth, to be honest, better than some of the newer "budget" fluid heads I've handled. )

Indeed! Quite the haul. That bag looks quite nice as well.
For a while, I'm not going to check out "used gears".😁

Testing the "new(to me)" tripod (055XB + 501HDV)

Goat3v2_Cr by T K, on Flickr

Sheepdogv2 by T K, on Flickr

The lens was 85mmf1.2 L.

So far, I like the legs AND the video head.
(This tripod was originally owned by one of the guys who works at Seawood photos.
He bought them as used, many years ago, for medium format camera.
He sold that camera recently, hence the tripod went for sale.)

IMG_2956.jpeg

2024 Cadillac Lyriq, Sport 3, AWD, 500 horsepowers!
Has all options. Super Cruise, Adaptive Cruise, self-parking, yada, yada, yada.

Nice Caddy.

Why white?
We like it better than the other colors. It has a pearl / candy look to it that doesn't come through in the shade / on a digital display. It's also easier to manage heat.

The car we reluctantly traded in was a 2016 ELR. We began to worry about parts availability for it. They only made about 3500 of them over 2 production years, only 300 in 2016.
IMG_2954.jpeg

Last edited:
Back